Menu

if you were a time traveler...

prairiewindmomma

Honestly if I had the power to go back in time for even one day I would pick a lovely sunny day when my kids were around 9 and 5, and I would just take my phone and get all the video I could of them playing and laughing, and I would just hug them nonstop and smooch on them and soak in all that sweetness until I had to come back. They're 18 and 22 now, and as much as I love them now, I still miss those little people so so much.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Am I staying and settling down or just there for a visit? Am I concerned about the timeline? 

If I'm settling down, I'd probably choose things or knowledge to bring that would be able to be exploited to give me a comfortable living. Like, Gray's Sports Almanac. 😉 

Antibiotics, assuming I'm going somewhere without them, would be a must. I'm not growing mold on bread and hoping for the best like Claire Fraser. A lifetime supply of migraine meds.

• Like 8

A camera and a portable photo printer with plenty of ink and photo paper.  I'd visit with my relatives again, take photos of us together, and leave copies with them so we'd always have a little piece of each other, no matter the timeline. 

A video recorder, too. I'd love to hear my grandparents and great grandparents again. I kind of remember what one of my great grandfather's sounded like, but I no longer remember what my great grandmother's sound like. 😞 

Edited by MissLemon
  • Like 1

I definitely want one of those straws for filtering water.  Antibiotics and pain medication.  Reference books, depending on the era.  I'd probably put them on my phone and take a solar charger with me.  Spices.  I think I could be wealthy with the contents of my kitchen.  Possibly a gun and ammunition.  A really good knife.  Probably a towel.  I'd wear really good boots, a warm and waterproof coat, and a good hat.  

Edited by Terabith
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

I definitely want one of those straws for filtering water.  Antibiotics and pain medication.  Reference books, depending on the era.  I'd probably put them on my phone and take a solar charger with me.  Spices.  I think I could be wealthy with the contents of my kitchen.  Possibly a gun and ammunition.  A really good knife.  Probably a towel.  I'd wear really good boots, a warm and waterproof coat, and a good hat.  

I can see you have given this some thought ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In addition to items listed above: really comfy underwear and shoes. If I get stuck in a time period where I'm wearing bits of wood or leather strapped to my feet, idk what my plantar fasciitis will do... 😂

Once there, will I have some wise, old woman teaching me about plants and how to sew? If not, I'll need some reference books. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whatever it takes to get back immediately.  I need shoes for plantar fasciitis or it interferes with my ability to walk, B12 injections at least every 2 weeks to keep my nervous system normal (I don't want to go full Mary Todd Lincoln, ) and I have osteoarthritis in my neck along with bone spurs in my spine and spinal cord compression that have already required neurovascular surgery last year and may again in the future. When someone cuts into your neck, cuts out bone spurs between vertebra, puts titanium plates and cages in it, and monitors it for fusing every 6 months, you want bleeding edge technology and the latest medical knowledge. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Corraleno said:

Honestly if I had the power to go back in time for even one day I would pick a lovely sunny day when my kids were around 9 and 5, and I would just take my phone and get all the video I could of them playing and laughing, and I would just hug them nonstop and smooch on them and soak in all that sweetness until I had to come back. They're 18 and 22 now, and as much as I love them now, I still miss those little people so so much.

Right there with you.  

• Like 1

OK I have to make an assumption about how far back I'm going.  So I'm gonna assume I'm going back before electricity.

I am not sure what I'd take, but it would be something from today that would amaze the people back then, that I could sell for good money, so I wouldn't have to starve due to being unprepared to make a living [as a 54-year-old lone woman] in those days.

6 minutes ago, SKL said:

OK I have to make an assumption about how far back I'm going.  So I'm gonna assume I'm going back before electricity.

I am not sure what I'd take, but it would be something from today that would amaze the people back then, that I could sell for good money, so I wouldn't have to starve due to being unprepared to make a living [as a 54-year-old lone woman] in those days.

Yeah it all comes down to when you are going.  My first worry was about how to protect myself if there were dinosaurs.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, BaseballandHockey said:

One of those water straws so I'm not drinking germs.

'cause dysentery doesn't sound like fun.

and some kind of feminine hygiene supplies.

This is assuming I don't know or control when I'm going.

This reads like a poem to me. 🙂 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Corraleno said:

Me too!! I didn’t take nearly enough video. What I wouldn’t do to hear that little voice for some length of time. I have lots of pictures, but not nearly enough videos. 

• Like 1