Menu

20 in 20 for 2020 Day 19!

Slache

I'll take an Isaac any day, thanks.

Walked 1.5 miles this morning then hopped on the stationary bike for another 45-ish minutes (12 miles). I'll go to PT this afternoon and wrap up with another short walk either outside or with my video friend Leslie to top off my daily step goal.

I've been exceeding my current 9,000-step goal every day so far this week, so the plan is to bump it to 10,000 starting Sunday.

• Like 4

Isaac is just the cutest baby!  I love it when you start the threads with his picture.

Another 1 1/2 miles power walked with weights completed.  I am at 19 1/2 miles.  This challenge has been wonderful for me and I have enjoyed it.  I would love another one once this one is completed.

• Like 2

I think I'm going to do a walk from Yes Fit - they have one where some of the proceeds go to protecting elephants in Thailand, and my mom LOVES elephants. So I think I'll do that (about 30 miles I think) and give her the medal as part of her Christmas present - letter her know I walked thinking of her, and a donation went to help elephants. 

• Like 4

He is precious! Absolutely adorable. 
I walked today. Life- covid- work- really got in the way the last 10 days or so, but I think I’ve only missed two outdoor walks which is pretty good. I have my husband and my dog to thank for getting me out. 
I have slacked on the daily rowing. Considering a meter challenge for the rest of #rowvember to make it somewhat successful. 

• Like 3

I did a quick mile this morning before breakfast and get this! I found a nice, sturdy small bookshelf out at the curb!! This was at the farthest away point on my walk, but I made it home and back with the car before the trash truck came. Dd gave it a wash at lunch time and reset a nail and is now busy filling it. We had talked about putting shelves in the empty closet in her room, this is just the thing.

DH is not a huge fan of curbside bargains, so I'll wait until he asks before I explain its origins.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SusanC said:

I did a quick mile this morning before breakfast and get this! I found a nice, sturdy small bookshelf out at the curb!! This was at the farthest away point on my walk, but I made it home and back with the car before the trash truck came. Dd gave it a wash at lunch time and reset a nail and is now busy filling it. We had talked about putting shelves in the empty closet in her room, this is just the thing.

DH is not a huge fan of curbside bargains, so I'll wait until he asks before I explain its origins.

What a find!!  I admit I am jealous.  Finding that would have been like Christmas morning for me.  Enjoy it!  Also, feel free to post a picture of it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SusanC said:

Yes, i could use the practice ... let's see ...

Got it! Not as cute as Isaac, of course.

PXL_20201119_213756507.thumb.jpg.671dd0ca69f34dc6d12564b3c9724f5e.jpg

Okay, I am officially bright green with envy!  It is perfect, just perfect.  You are so darn lucky!   If you ever decide to get rid of it, pm me please.

• Like 1

Love that photo @Slache. Isaac pictures always brighten my day. ❤️ 

Dh and I went on a 1.95 mile walk. We would have walked longer/farther but it looked like some clouds were blowing in. It seems we made the right decision because when we got home we could see that it was raining where we were headed (in FL you can see rain actually coming down in the distance). We considered walking around the driveway a few times to get to 2 miles but decided against it. 🙂 

Here are a few photos from our walk. 

If I had my digital camera instead of just my phone I could have got a better shot of the rainbow. We also saw several herons and an egret but again, with my phone, these ducks were the only wildlife I could get a close shot of without too much pixelization. 

20201119_164515.jpg

20201119_164732.jpg

We found this pretty funny. If anyone was hoping to snap up this small waterfront place, they're too late. 😂

20201119_170327.jpg

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ottakee said:

I got in a mile (or close to it) on my treadmill this morning.  Then I attempted the Red Hot Core DDPY workout.  It was short but tough for me.  Lots of modifying....but now I have a goal.

That one IS tough! I did it yesterday, with DD10 and part way through she said, "I'm dead!", lol. 

The part where you are holding your legs with your hands, then drop them and pulse to the right, left, and center is KILLER. 

3 hours ago, ktgrok said:

I think I'm going to do a walk from Yes Fit - they have one where some of the proceeds go to protecting elephants in Thailand, and my mom LOVES elephants. So I think I'll do that (about 30 miles I think) and give her the medal as part of her Christmas present - letter her know I walked thinking of her, and a donation went to help elephants. 

That is a lovely idea.

I'm signed up for the YesFit Great American Adventure challenge starting in January. My plan is to "cheat" a bit and count my stationary bike miles towards this one as well as my walking. Usually, I try to stick with challenges that result in at least some portion of the funds going to charity (or, like the Conqueror events, to planting trees or something), but this one just looked like fun.

I sat in line at the food pantry for 3 1/2 hours today! Food gotten for Dbrother, two neighbors, with some left over for us. Then DH had to leave to pick up DD from college, and I had a whole bunch of errands to run this afternoon before the state goes back in COVID restrictions tomorrow, and I was exhausted and it was pitch black out. So I convinced DDs to put on Amazing Race and I hopped on the exercise bike. 20 minutes done and NOW I can relax. Whew, what a day...

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 6:35 PM, IfIOnly said:

meme15.jpg

I'M GETTING THIS!  We get this style of personalized ornament every year - we started when DH and I were first dating, so that one has just us, then the next year we did one with my son and DH and I, and every year since, adding kids as they came. Taking everyone to the mall to pick one out is a tradition, but obviously this year we need to order this one! (and we will never speak of the two years in a row that match....oops)

18 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

Okay. I laugh but seriously? A teeny squirt of the hand sanitizer does the same as licking your fingers and just about everyone has an itty bottle of it on them these days. My Dh looked at me like I grew two heads when I did it. He was all “the struggle has felt so real and then you just do that!” 

Told him that’s why men should have purses too and why women’s clothing without pockets is stupid. Lol

That's what I do too! To be fair, it took me a minute to figure that out, lol. 

• Like 2

We went to a pond and walked about a mile there. The kids walked more because they played tag as ds15 and I walked slowly watching birds.

Do you know that a cackling goose looked just like a Canada goose with about 4" of neck lopped off? We saw a group of cackling geese swimming with the Canada geese and they looked quite funny. 🙂

Image result for cackling geese with canada geese

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Margaret in CO said:

I walked with sil whilst dd ran laps around the lake at Washington Park in Denver. She ran more than she should have--she's still in recovery from her marathon. I got in 13.75 today (walking, NOT running!)

How fast do you walk to get in that many miles?