Menu

20 in 20 for 2020 Day 12!

Slache

Blustery, rainy day today, so I couldn't walk outside this morning, even though I made it out of bed without waves of vertigo and nausea. I may be able to get out later in the evening, but I walked a mile with Leslie Sansone just in case.

I also did my 45 minutes on the bike while watching a video about people walking El Camino de Santiago (my current virtual challenge).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jenny in Florida said:

Blustery, rainy day today, so I couldn't walk outside this morning, even though I made it out of bed without waves of vertigo and nausea. I may be able to get out later in the evening, but I walked a mile with Leslie Sansone just in case.

I also did my 45 minutes on the bike while watching a video about people walking El Camino de Santiago (my current virtual challenge).

Where’s that virtual challenge? Video? That’s kind of my dream hike. That could be good motivation for me! 

I walked outside today. Needed it. I’m living in covid world right now. Exercise is so good for my mental health! 

Edited by Toocrazy!!
Spelling😀 definitely not loving anything about covid.
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Toocrazy!! said:

Where’s that virtual challenge? Video? That’s kind of my dream hike. That could be good motivation for me.

It's one of these (the same folks who offer the Hadrian's Wall challenge). They don't have videos, unfortunately, although you can see your location on Google Street view every day and receive virtual postcards along the route. I just searched YouTube and came up with a couple of nice documentaries about people walking the Camino that I have watched while biking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jenny in Florida said:

It's one of these (the same folks who offer the Hadrian's Wall challenge). They don't have videos, unfortunately, although you can see your location on Google Street view every day and receive virtual postcards along the route. I just searched YouTube and came up with a couple of nice documentaries about people walking the Camino that I have watched while biking.

Thanks! I signed up. That looks really cool. 

• Like 3

This is kind of pitiful, but I had to go in to the school building after working "there" online from home all day. Needed to get some packets prepared to deliver to students. Anyway, I grabbed my phone before I went and had it on me the whole time. I logged .86 miles just walking into, around, and out of school. Then I did .2 miles on my treadmill when I got home to make the goal!

• Like 5

Ended up taking a mile walk with dd12, ds8, and dd4. 

It was just going to be me and dd12, but ds8 was having too much fun playing with her to not come along, and then dd4 didn't want to get left out. We enjoyed some crisp weather and some outdoor silliness. We also counted strides for an eighth of a mile because we just read in math that early miles were equal to 1000 strides. Some kid(s) may have counted aloud and confused everyone, LOL.

Good time was had by all.

• Like 2

Weather turned yesterday, sigh, and I was unable to rouse myself, so I missed yesterday entirely.

Today I forced myself onto the elliptical and did 2 miles. Praying for the clouds to part tomorrow. I find it SO hard to get going when the weather is lousy (though once I actually get going it's always more bearable than I imagine. Somehow though I can't remember that until I am actually doing it.)

• Like 2

I went to PT this morning and logged 1.28 miles on the treadmill 2 minutes running 1 minute walking. There's a spot where the metal is in my ankle which is annoying but not painful. She strongly agrees it needs to come out at a year (the earliest the orthopod will take it out) if not a little earlier.

• Like 3

Did two miles of Leslie Sansone with DD10! My heart rate monitor was yelling at me (well, it was giving me a warning) by the end! 

Also did the longer/harder workout in DDP Yoga Beginner. Last time I nearly died in a puddle on the mat. This time it was hard, and I was tired, but at no point did I think I was going to die - so big improvement! I did have to pause it once for a cramp in my butt, and again to go wipe my 3 yr old's butt..but I did all 45 plus minutes of it. (and my glutes are sore today)

• Like 2