Menu

My parents were in a bad accident

Scarlett

8 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Thank you for asking....I brought my dad home to  our house yesterday. My mom got released fro ICU yesterday and sent to rehab today.  They expect her to be there for 7-10 days.  
Dh and dss are working on pulling out one of their tub showers  and putting  in a walk in shower.  
I am a little freaked out by not being able to go back to work.,..trying to figure it all out.

My sister is probably not coming.,

I am glad they are both improving.   Sending healing prayers their way.

• Like 1

I'm glad they are both doing better. I've been thinking of you and them. Hopefully things will continue to improve and they will soon be settled back home with care. But I know it is very stressful in the meantime. Iirc your dad has dementia or alzheimers? which would make all the changes especially difficult.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jentrovert said:

I'm glad they are both doing better. I've been thinking of you and them. Hopefully things will continue to improve and they will soon be settled back home with care. But I know it is very stressful in the meantime. Iirc your dad has dementia or alzheimers? which would make all the changes especially difficult.

Thank you.  That was my FIL who had Alzheimers.  He died Oct 1st.

Both of my parents have their mind, thankfully. 

• Like 9

Oh Scarlett, I can't tell you how sorry I am! I'm also sorry to only now to have seen this thread. I've been so wrapped up in our smaller tragedy that I somehow missed yours. Please take as much good care of yourself as you can. It's important for all of your healthy well beings that you don't forget yourself as well. My well wishes go out to your parents' recovery, both mental as well as physical. 💗

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

Oh Scarlett, I can't tell you how sorry I am! I'm also sorry to only now to have seen this thread. I've been so wrapped up in our smaller tragedy that I somehow missed yours. Please take as much good care of yourself as you can. It's important for all of your healthy well beings that you don't forget yourself as well. My well wishes go out to your parents' recovery, both mental as well as physical. 💗

Thank you 💕💕 However please do not minimize what you are going through with your Dh.  Financial issues stress me out so much.  For instance right now the one thing I feel that is weighing on me is that I can’t work!  

How is your husband?

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, DawnM said:

I must have missed it, why isn't your sister coming now?

I am so sorry.   It is stressful I know.   

Well, my sister isn’t coming now...maybe later.  But she has her hands full. Our brother who lives near her, has been in a nursing home for years....and is now on hospice near death.  Her MIL is in very bad health...and her husband had a heart attack maybe a year back and is not taking care of himself.....he has put all his weight back on.

So she is very afraid of not being there if one of them need her and also she is afraid of bringing Covid to our parents or taking it home to her people who are in bad health.

Edited by Scarlett
  • Sad 15

I think using the phone more lately made me miss this thread.  {{{{Scarlelt}}}}  I am so sorry about what happened. I will be praying for you and your parents.  How God did bless your family with the people who stopped and helped so much. 

I will not only pray for health but also for the financial stress and other stresses too. 

And yeah, I can see why that sister can't come.

• Like 2

So I have a funny story to tell that brings home the stress I am under.  This was related to me by Dh. I have zero memory of any of these events. 

Dh and I had been asleep for some time.  I got out of bed and turned on our bathroom light.  Then I walked over to dh’s side of the bed and took his phone.  He said, ‘what are you doing’. I said, ‘I need it.’ So I go into the bathroom and he thinks I used the bathroom.  He is thinking to himself, ‘why does she need my phone.  Maybe she wants to look at the pictures I took of the dog earlier. No I don’t think she even knew I took pictures.  Maybe she wants to look at my texts.  I wonder why. ‘  He is hilarious 😂 

I came back out and put his phone on his nightstand. He asked me what I needed it for.  I said, quite short, ‘I needed a light!’ 😂

Then I went to my side of the bed and knocked my iPad and phone off the nightstand.  I turned on my lamp and picked everything up.   I got in the bed. Then frantically started digging around and slapping the sheets.  He said, ‘What are you doing?’  I said, ‘ I can’t find my phone’.  He said, ‘It is right there on your nightstand.’ I said oh, and laid down. 

I was a major sleep walker and talker in my childhood. In adult hood I rarely do either....well I say a few words sometimes as I am going to sleep.....but if something stress happens, or I am super exhausted....watch out.  I do things I have no memory of.  LOL

• Like 6
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

I was a major sleep walker and talker in my childhood. In adult hood I rarely do either....well I say a few words sometimes as I am going to sleep.....but if something stress happens, or I am super exhausted....watch out.  I do things I have no memory of.  LOL

From one major sleep walker to another, I understand! Happened to me so many times. 

Thinking of and praying for you and your parents. I hope that things get into a routine for you quickly.

• Like 1

Oh, Scarlett!  I'm just now getting this (was not on computer on Sunday).

I think I saw your reply stating your Mom is released to therapy and your Dad is home with you.    ??

I'm so sorry to hear that happened and thrilled to know they are OK!  I see they drive an suv or minivan.  No doubt that helped to protect them.  So glad they will recover!  

(((Hugs)))

• Like 1