Menu

Urgent prayer request: missing cat--UPDATE SHE IS HOME!!!

MercyA

My friend's cat was displaced on Saturday. She is much loved. Please pray for her safe return.

[Edited for privacy]

Praise the Lord for answered prayer! My friend's cat made her way home after being missing for four days. She has a small injury to one of her legs.

Thank you, thank you for praying.

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 2
  • Sad 10

Oh no! I hope she turns up safe and sound.

Is your friend doing a very thorough search of the area where she disappeared from - using a flashlight to look in garages, under porches, under cars, etc.? Searching in the middle of the night when it is quiet is good, because there aren't many other noises to distract the cat. Sometimes the sound of opening a can of cat food or pouring dry food in a bowl or shaking a can of treats will lure a cat out of hiding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Catwoman said:

Praying here!

Can your friend post on NextDoor and Facebook so people who live in the area can be on the lookout? It’s amazing how many people will step up to help find a lost pet.

Great idea. People are always posting pictures of lost pets on our community Facebook pages, and there is also a page specifically for Lost Pets of xxx County. Making posters to hang in the surrounding area would be a good idea, too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Still no kitty. I'm hoping my friend will allow me to make signs.

Oh, I was hoping for good news this morning. Poor lost kitty.🙁

Chances are, she is probably hiding somewhere fairly close to where she went missing from. I wish I lived near you so I could help search!

• Like 3

I’m so sorry. That makes me so sad. 😢

Why wouldn’t her dh want signs hung up? What could possibly make your friend feel embarrassed? If anything, when I see a Lost Pet sign, I think the owners are the best kind of pet owners, because they are going to the trouble of making and hanging up signs to try to get their pet back home where he or she belongs.

If nothing else, I would think they would want to do everything possible to get their cat back for the sake of their kids, who are probably very sad. 

• Like 2

Just adding — it must be so hard for you to live in a place where so many people are of a different mind from you — not just about the animals, but about other things as well. 

I have a very hard time with people who don’t care about animals because they seem very cold to me, but the idea that people would mock someone who loves their pets is just plain sickening. 

Totally off-topic, but reading about your experiences, it just added to how disheartened I have been feeling about the lack of kindness and empathy that I’m seeing these days. Maybe it was always there and I was just blissfully ignorant, but between the Covid situation and the political stuff, so many people seem to be acting callous and mean. It makes me very sad, because I didn’t think Americans were like that. I have always known people to stick together, and now it seems like the order of the day is to pull people apart and to mock and insult anyone who is different. 😞

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Just adding — it must be so hard for you to live in a place where so many people are of a different mind from you — not just about the animals, but about other things as well. 

I have a very hard time with people who don’t care about animals because they seem very cold to me, but the idea that people would mock someone who loves their pets is just plain sickening. 

Totally off-topic, but reading about your experiences, it just added to how disheartened I have been feeling about the lack of kindness and empathy that I’m seeing these days. Maybe it was always there and I was just blissfully ignorant, but between the Covid situation and the political stuff, so many people seem to be acting callous and mean. It makes me very sad, because I didn’t think Americans were like that. I have always known people to stick together, and now it seems like the order of the day is to pull people apart and to mock and insult anyone who is different. 😞

Thank you, Cat. It is hard, and I am discouraged, I admit. Everybody thinks I'm kind of nuts. 🤷‍♀️ 

I agree with you about people who don't care about animals. When my daughter and I stopped at the two houses with cats, I said, "Those people were really nice." My daughter said something like, "Of course! They have cats and they care about them. They are the wisest and kindest people."

I'm disheartened by the state of our nation as well. I come here for kindness and sane discourse! ❤️

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Thank you, Cat. It is hard, and I am discouraged, I admit. Everybody thinks I'm kind of nuts. 🤷‍♀️ 

I agree with you about people who don't care about animals. When my daughter and I stopped at the two houses with cats, I said, "Those people were really nice." My daughter said something like, "Of course! They have cats and they care about them. They are the wisest and kindest people."

I'm disheartened by the state of our nation as well. I come here for kindness and sane discourse! ❤️

I don't think you are nuts.  I don't relate well to people who are indifferent to the animals in their care.  It's like they have a cold spot in their heart.  😞          

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We've had two pets (both a dog and a cat) over the years returned to us after hanging up signs.  I hope you can figure out a way to do that tomorrow.  

We lived for many years in a farming community...  Many people there had a very different view of pets.  They enjoyed their pets, but still, never really thought of them as more than farm animals.  They weren't like members of the family.   It was interesting to learn that!

I'll pray that the cat is found!

ETA:  If your friend is worried about having her personal information on the signs, could you put your own phone number on it?  

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any news about the cat?

I hope this friend wasn’t one of the people who thought you were crazy for requiring masks in your Sunday school class. 

I wish they would agree to let you do something to help them find their cat. Maybe you could call the vets, local shelters, and animal control officers and give them your name and number, in case someone reports or turns in a stray cat. Then, if she is found, you can go get her and bring her to her owners, because you just happened to find her... totally by accident... you drove around the neighborhood and there she was... 😉 

I really wish they would hang up signs and post on Facebook, though. So many lost pets are found that way!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I hate to say this, Mercy, but your friend and her dh don’t seem all that nice.  😞

I’m sure they have good qualities, but they seem to have revealed their true colors recently, and not just about the cat. In light of the things that have happened, I think it would be hard for me not to view them differently than I had in the past.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

[Edited for privacy]

It seems like my whole world has been rocked recently and I won't pretend I'm not struggling with that. I feel very alone and very on edge.

Thank you for your kind, honest, helpful assessment of the situation. I think I'd go crazy if it weren't for you all. ❤️

ETA: I will absolutely update this thread if and when kitty is found. Please keep praying.

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 3
  • Sad 7

I’m so sorry, Mercy. I know you have been having a very hard time lately.

This awful Covid situation has shown many of us a side of people that we never expected to see, and it’s so hard to stay positive when people we thought we knew are turning out to be far less caring and compassionate than we thought they were.  😞

• Thanks 1