Menu

Frivolous topic to distract from TDP—what’s blooming?

fairfarmhand

I know there’s so much to have to consider these days, but I can almost feel my spirit drooping if I focus too much on the dreaded plague (TDP). I have to focus some of the time on things that are happy and beautiful and joyous. 

so in that vein, anyone want to talk about what is blooming in their area?

here is still decently early spring. Redbuds are out and daffodils. Also the fruit trees are taking turns blossoming. Right now it’s the turn of my Granny Smith Apple tree. 

F7FE51ED-F4B7-424F-AEC7-2FB2DFAEDDE8.jpeg

3A2FF804-85D3-4D08-83B0-09DB761929E7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have bluebonnets and wildflowers in abundance (not in my yard, but in our state). 

Our peach trees are already fruiting.

The apple trees are blooming/starting to fruit. 

Also citrus.

Blackberries have started, so they bloom/fruit/bloom/fruit. We'll get a few weeks of that, I imagine. 

The mimosa tree isn't flowering yet, nor the........whatever kind of flowering tree we just planted recently up front, that right now I can't think of the name of......gah. The kind with all the little flowers that fall down and look like snow. Crepe myrtle!! that's what. Not flowering yet. 

The hummingbirds are starting to be around; we aren't putting out a feeder, because mighty warrior hunter cat lives here. But my neighbors have been posting pictures. 

My tomatoes aren't growing yet, but that's mostly due to I bought younger plants. Should be soon. 

• Like 2

Everything here (ah-choo)! 

Some of the trees are done, and some are just starting. The cherries are almost done, and my dogwood is getting ready.

The daffodils are all over, and my peonies are sprouting. They normally bloom in May. 

• Like 3

I love seeing everyone’s pics!  Great thread!  My lilacs and pink dogwood should open any day now 😀.153779AA-C4E7-46AC-84D8-3E12F0D9D589.thumb.jpeg.6fd7edcf5cfc9b546e00333f8ea35551.jpeg2C3545E6-C209-40D3-985D-FB1359F933AD.thumb.jpeg.e6c66dced80615bab7351ed382c8725b.jpegDCD0C606-03BA-406D-80FA-CC64C302F5DF.thumb.jpeg.ed032d6949e86206fa529c85a42b2669.jpeg

Please ignore the dead bushes in the first picture...I guess I have a project...no idea why those died this winter

Edited by Hadley
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Dreamergal said:

Oh OP !! The second picture is breathtaking. I would absolutely love to make a puzzle out of it if I have your permission to use it.

I am terrible at identifying flowers and slowly learning. As for what is blooming currently, wildflowers in my state. 

One of the things we look forward to every year is make a weekend of it and go for wildflower drives. Stay overnight and have a little holiday. Impossible now. 

In our garden, we have perennials blooming, do not know the name of them, I think some are pansies. I also have herbs growing a lot. One of my bonsai is having buds on it. Also I think the our crepe myrtle tree/bush and knockout roses I think should bloom. Also some tree has new leaves. I do not exactly know what it is. 

Let me edit it and I’ll email it to you. I want to improve the color. Pm me your email.

Well, my tulips are up but not blooming yet. Actually, DD is about to start a chapter on measurement in math. So I've decided we will measure some of the tulips every day until they bloom. We will even measure in both centimeters and inches. Really, I just want to look at them every day. (Tulips are my favorite flower.) And it gives us an excuse for going outside during school time.

• Like 4

in my yard, I have daffodils, periwinkle (I'm really appreciating it this year), and I've seen my first azalea blossom.  grape hyacinth.  a tiny white flower I don't remember the name.

I will go take pictures.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 1