Menu

covid19 memes

gardenmom5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime I see a meme posted somewhere I immediately think of this thread. I often come here to see if someone already posted it, and if not I upload it. When I come to this thread I just click on the star that takes me to the latest post from my last visit. Today however, I checked the first post. It was started on March 9th (by @gardenmom5). The memes in this thread have given me much needed chuckles for the past nine months and I know I can't be the only one. We're all meme suppliers and I hope we keep them coming as long as this thread is needed. ❤️ 

128563378_10224931676944733_3804923747399096385_n.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

On 12/8/2020 at 6:53 AM, LAS in LA said:

201205vaccine.jpg

Originally, the whole run was supposed to be led by Togo.  Then it was turned into a relay to speed things up.  There were "Roadhouses" along the route, since sledding was the standard method of transportation.

Balto was paired with a dog named Fox  - the newspaperman ignored the dog because of his name.   Balto ran 55 miles and they were the team into Nome. -and the newspaperman was waiting.

Togo was the lead dog of his team, he wasn't paired with another dog. Of the 674 mile run - Togo ran 260 miles. (another site said he ran 340 miles)  An incredible feat as he was 12 years old at the time, and it was severe blizzard conditions. A number of dogs on that run (on some of the other relay teams) did die due to exposure.

I highly recommend seeing the Disney movie Togo.  Trailer

Here's a fact checker on what the movie showed, and what really happened.  Togo sired a sub-breed that were highly desirable as sled dogs.  One of his descendants plays him in the movie.

anchorage daily news.

While the return trip across Norton Sound was exaggerated for the movie - something similar did happen on a previous trip to Seppala and Togo.

eta: trivia - Seppula owned Balto too. He didn't use him on his personal team for a reason.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 11/17/2020 at 7:13 AM, Ausmumof3 said:

totally non Covid related but gave me a laugh.  I’m not sure if it translates to the US or not

YES! This translates perfectly, but it sounds so much better with the Aussie accent. 😂

Though, a good ol' Canadian 'aboot' and 'eh' might be entertaining for some audiences. 😉 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

Originally, the whole run was supposed to be led by Togo.  Then it was turned into a relay to speed things up.  There were "Roadhouses" along the route, since sledding was the standard method of transportation.

Balto was paired with a dog named Fox  - the newspaperman ignored the dog because of his name.   Balto ran 55 miles and they were the team into Nome. -and the newspaperman was waiting.

Togo was the lead dog of his team, he wasn't paired with another dog. Of the 674 mile run - Togo ran 260 miles. (another site said he ran 340 miles)  An incredible feat as he was 12 years old at the time, and it was severe blizzard conditions. A number of dogs on that run (on some of the other relay teams) did die due to exposure.

I highly recommend seeing the Disney movie Togo.  Trailer

Here's a fact checker on what the movie showed, and what really happened.  Togo sired a sub-breed that were highly desirable as sled dogs.  One of his descendants plays him in the movie.

anchorage daily news.

While the return trip across Norton Sound was exaggerated for the movie - something similar did happen on a previous trip to Seppala and Togo.

eta: trivia - Seppula owned Balto too. He didn't use him on his personal team for a reason.

Thanks for the movie rec, my dd will love this.  They all had the Sonlight reader of Balto and loved the story 

• Like 1

Just now, Ausmumof3 said:

Thanks for the movie rec, my dd will love this.  They all had the Sonlight reader of Balto and loved the story 

we had a level 5 reader of Balto.  I learned a lot from the movie (and he really did jump through a plate glass window).   

Togo is in the Iditarod Museum in Alaska.

• Like 1