Menu

covid19 memes

gardenmom5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/13/2020 at 11:18 PM, Lady Florida. said:

There's still a little over 2 months left on 2020. Anything can happen.

FB_IMG_1602645317931.jpg

Shhhh............please don't tempt the fates.  I fear they just show us how much worse it could actually get.

Edited by Ditto

No idea how to link it (and the picture was dumb anyway), but there was a meme on my facebook:

No energy for Christmas this year? Tell the kids Santa didn't make it through Covid.

Now while I get it is just for tired parents, I'm kind of terrified some crazy parent out there might run with it . . .

• Sad 1

Okay, so this isn't COVID, but it is a 2020 thing. The songs make me laugh like memes, so does that count?

Have you heard of bardcore? It's basically medieval covers of modern songs. I'm kind of loving it. Choosing and rhyming the lyrics in  Old English is cleverly done.

The chorus of Jolene just cracks me up. "I beg of thee pray take not my Lord."

Another fave:

Edited by IfIOnly
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, IfIOnly said:

Okay, so this isn't COVID, but it is a 2020 thing. The songs make me laugh like memes, so does that count?

Have you heard of bardcore? It's basically medieval covers of modern songs. I'm kind of loving it. Choosing and rhyming the lyrics in  Old English is cleverly done.

The chorus of Jolene just cracks me up. "I beg of thee pray take not my Lord."

Another fave:

We're studying medieval history this year, so I got excited to show my dc and they were all, "yeah mom, I've seen that."

"They did a Shakira one."

"I saw it a long time ago."

I feel like my dc are becoming jaded. These magical pop culture/serious studies connections are no longer special but de rigeur. 😄

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, SusanC said:

We're studying medieval history this year, so I got excited to show my dc and they were all, "yeah mom, I've seen that."

"They did a Shakira one."

"I saw it a long time ago."

I feel like my dc are becoming jaded. These magical pop culture/serious studies connections are no longer special but de rigeur. 😄

Aw, what a let-down! I had to go find the Shakira one. No lyrics, but the music was fun. The earliest bardcore I've found is from June of this year, but I guess that's a long time ago for my kids too. Ha!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrincessMommy said:

Sorry, I just needed to get away from it all... so more memes from me today... 

plot-holes.jpg

They just caught a queen.   They filled the tree with foam.  The scientists were all wearing bunny suits.  I'll see if I can find the link when I'm not holding the baby. 

eta: this is an updated story to finding the nest.  when it was first found, they said there were two queens. (which is bad.)
They then examined what they found inside the nest (after killing them.)

there were 200 queens. . . . .  😨😰 - that would have been very 2020.  . . 

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1