Menu

30 Day Self-Reflection Challenge

Granny_Weatherwax

In recent years, I have shared a Year in Review thread. This year is a bit different. The prompts are more about self and less about the year. Some prompts are easy, others will require you to look inside yourself. The key is to be honest.

I'm already a day behind but will try to post daily.

Day 1 - Five things that make me happy

Day 2- What I fear the most

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Accidental Coach said:

In recent years, I have shared a Year in Review thread. This year is a bit different. The prompts are more about self and less about the year. Some prompts are easy, others will require you to look inside yourself. The key is to be honest.

1. My 2 good friends, Cozy fireplaces, good books, My brother coming in for Christmas (he lives overseas and we only see him 2 weeks a year), my sunroom

2. Failure

• Like 2

1. Happiness: Dh home from a long deployment and the adjustment back has been surprisingly smooth and easy, calls from college daughters, that our son has been welcomed with open arms to a new high school and seems really happy, my sisters, starting school for the first time in 25+ years!

2. Fear:  That one of my children will be hurt and I won’t be able to help

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Accidental Coach said:

Day 1 - Five things that make me happy - reading, singing along to musicals, board games with my kids, hiking in the mountains, studying history

Day 2- What I fear the most - something tragic happening to my kids that I could have prevented

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Accidental Coach said:

What would you like me to do? When I've done it before, I started a new thread every day.

If we are voting, I say new thread everyday. We no longer have the feature that lets us go to the newst unread post on an individual thread, and I don't like to scroll so much. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, The Accidental Coach said:

1 -- singing; good food; books with real pages; going for a drive, especially by myself; learning something new

2 -- my kids turning away from their faith and/or doing something really stupid, especially if it harms others

• Like 2

Time with my boys (they are 14 and I have 3.5 years before college and they still want to hang out with me), taking pictures, watching Christmas Hallmark movies, coffee in the morning, and a good snowstorm where we are all stuck in the house for a couple of days (but only if we have electricity and lots of yummy food)

I have a lot of fears, but probably dying before my boys are adults is one of the biggest.

• Like 2

Day 1: I can't think of 5 things. There is one; the kids make me happy, quite often. I can think of 5 things that make me feel satisfied, along the lines of a tidy house and yard, school reasonably done. But, happy? Not really.

Day 2: Dying before the kids are adults. Close, but not quite a fear, as it is inevitable, is my parents dying. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, The Accidental Coach said:

Happy: My family, good friends, our pets, music, being physically active outside

Fear: dying

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, peacelovehomeschooling said:

Happy:    my little family, dogs, reading, naps, music (esp Elton John)

Fear:  my husband's health (just diagnosed with Polycythemia Vera),  dying before my daughter is self supporting.  I have many many fears but these are the top 2 right now.

I like Elton John, too.  So sorry about your dh. Big hugs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peacelovehomeschooling said:

Thank you very much,  I appreciate it.    Elton John is my absolute favorite...I could (and have plenty of times) listen to him all day long.  Truly, he is the best, love him!

That's great. Stevie Wonder is my champion right now. His music makes me smile - anytime, anywhere. My dh 13 loves the music, too. Josh Groben is also good, but it's for the sad days. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 6:34 AM, The Accidental Coach said:

My family, my dogs, my incredibly comfy bed/sleeping, the beach, good food

Failure

I'm doing these first reaction style. It could take me forever if I try to come up with the most right answer.

• Like 1

5 things that make me happy: when oldest DS is home from college and all 6 kids are sleeping under my roof, hugging DH when he gets home from work, hearing the baby giggle, snuggling into bed with fresh clean sheets, buying new books and cracking  the binding open

What I fear the most: that I'm not doing enough to show the people in my life how much I love them

• Like 2

I have recently rejoined wtm forums. I used to be Denise in Florida but had to make a new name. 

5 Happy things:  1) Listening to my children discuss the world and their plans. 2) My husbands retirement career path. 3) My cats (yes, I am now an old cat lady. 4) Fanfiction and any thing in the Marvel Universe. 5) The abundance of creative ideas that seem to swirl by.

Fear the most:  My children needing help and not being able to reach them or afford to help them.