Menu

Updated: Prayers/good thoughts needed for a missing man in my neighborhood

mlktwins

He is an elderly man with Alzheimer's who lives one street over.  He has been missing for about 2.5 hours and we are getting bad storms/tornado warnings tonight.  I just drove around looking for him.  Many other neighbors are on foot or driving.  People are checking the woods around our neighborhood (we have a lot of walking trails).  Police are driving around.  Helicopter looked for 2 hours, but just stopped?!?!?

Edited by mlktwins
  • Sad 6

It is dark now and he hasn’t been found yet.  K-9s are out and the helicopter is back.  Bad line of storms coming in about an hour 😢.  It isn’t cold now, but a cold front is coming through and it will be in the 30’s by the morning.   Neighborhood is trying to set up a search party.

• Sad 7

3 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Oh , wow, I came looking for this threading hoping so much he had been found.  How cold was it last night?  I am not clear what part of the country this is.

I'm in No. VA.  It was warm last night, but a big storm rolled through (rain and wind) and it feels like 41 degrees right now.  He had pajamas and a sweater on :-(.  

The wind was so bad it blew our patio chairs across our yard and someone's trampoline ended up in the street somewhere in the neighborhood.

This is one of those times when social media is awesome and word has been spread from neighborhood to neighborhood.

• Sad 4

If you could keep praying, that would be great!

They are just starting to search a lake in our neighborhood :-(.  Scuba gear and all.  

We are getting ready to start knocking on doors and asking permission to go in backyards to check sheds, stairwells, and under decks.

There is a freeze warning for tonight.

A silver alert has been issued.

• Sad 4

Not a happy update 😞 .  They found him in the lake.  Not too far from his house.  I am so sad...

Thanks everyone for praying and checking in.  I so wanted him to be found.  Our whole neighborhood pitched in and this is going to hit all of us hard.

• Like 1
  • Sad 37

Just now, mlktwins said:

Not a happy update 😞 .  They found him in the lake.  Not too far from his house.  I am so sad...

Thanks everyone for praying and checking in.  I so wanted him to be found.  Our whole neighborhood pitched in and this is going to hit all of us hard.

I am so sorry. Prayers for consolation for the family.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 2:54 PM, mlktwins said:

So...I was incorrect about him being in the lake.  They were searching the lake when my boys and I were going house to house to ask permission to search backyards.  A fire engine and ambulance had gone racing down the street towards the missing person's house and then we didn't hear anything.  Ended up he was behind a neighbor's property (a wooded area) not too far from his house (one street over).  I so wish the weather hadn't been so bad that night as I think there might have been a good chance of finding him that night.

Anyway, thanks again for all the prayers and thoughts.  The family is just devastated and full of guilt.  I'm so sad for them...

• Sad 7