Menu

Any Washington Nationals fans on here?!?!?

mlktwins

29 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

My dh has been watching.  My SIL is a huge fan.   I'm more of an Orioles fan.     I'll be watching the World series more closely though.  Partly because it is the hometown team and partly because I don't like the Yanks.   

DH has 2 favorite teams:

The Mets and any team that is playing the Yankees. 

LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mlktwins said:

Pretty please don't cheer for us then -- LOL!!!  Pretty please?!?!?

I will stay out of the room when the games are on...

I might check the box score when the games are over, with a level of interest that would be similar to someone who doesn't drive looking at gas prices as they pass by a gas station...

• Like 1

I went nuts. Mushroom and dh went down to the stadium last night to scream and watch the big screen with the fans. It's been since 1933 that a DC team has made it to the series! We're so beyond excited. The team moved here right after my boys were born. Baseball is basically our main sport we follow. We're over the moon.

• Like 2

I can NOT stand it I'm so excited!!! Washington needs good news, and the Nats delivered!

"Old Man" Zimmerman deserves this! Max Scherzer deserves this! Strasburg with the injuries...bless Davey Martinez! Everyone wanted him fired in May. Now look. This team even got me loving "Baby Shark!" Thanks, a lot, Parra!

I am not superstitious, but the Nats have made me more than a little stitious, lol. My not talking about them, my not wearing my Nats shirt, my not touching Dh's Nats hat, and my not being in the room when their games are on are why the won. You. Are. Welcome!

Now, no more Nats talk from me until after You Know What. 

Edited by Angie in VA
  • Like 3

Full disclosure: We are Baltimore Orioles fans too, since before the Nationals came to be (I know, I know, The Expos. YKWIM!)

I didn't stop loving my first born when my 2nd child was born. I have enough love in my heart for both the Os AND the Nats. 

I would admit to taking both jerseys to a Nats v. Os game and donning the shirt of the team at bat, changing all throughout the game, but doing such a thing would be crazy. Admitting it here? Even crazier!

Edited by Angie in VA
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, unsinkable said:

Well, if they play the Yankees, DH will be going hard for the Nats.

I would, too, but since I am a jinx, I will refrain from cheering for them. LOL

I am a jinx for sure! In 2001, I cheered for the Yankees. I don't like the Yankees (but I love Aaron Judge. Man! That kid!) 

It went against all that I had to cheer a) for NEW YORK and b) against the Diamondbacks, but I decided New York needed a ticker tape parade the month after 9/11. So I rooted for the Yankees. Yep, that's right. Arizona won! You're welcome, Dback fans. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, PrincessMommy said:

My dh has been watching.  My SIL is a huge fan.   I'm more of an Orioles fan.     I'll be watching the World series more closely though.  Partly because it is the hometown team and partly because I don't like the Yanks.   

Ahem. The Astros will be in the World Series, not the Yanks. 😉 

(or, so hopes this Houston girl, and the rest of the city.....) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Angie in VA said:

Didn’t I say I couldn’t talk about this anymore? If I hadn’t said that, I would wish Bryce Harper a happy birthday today. 

Dh texted me in the 8th and asked how did I think Bryce Harper was feeling. I found this great gif of him with blinking with his jaw dropped. Lol.

I need to dig out the pic I have of my kids with Zimmerman eons ago at a fan day and make it my FB profile pic or something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farrar said:

Dh texted me in the 8th and asked how did I think Bryce Harper was feeling. I found this great gif of him with blinking with his jaw dropped. Lol.

I need to dig out the pic I have of my kids with Zimmerman eons ago at a fan day and make it my FB profile pic or something.

Love Ryan Z! My guys were hard on him a few years ago, but I have always liked (and defended) him. Uh, huh. Look at him now! And he is from Virginia!!!

I will have to look for that Harper gif. 

• Like 2

I will be cheering for the Nationals. I am a Dodgers fan, but I knew they would choke in the post-season, no matter how great they do in the regular season. So, I will cheer for the National League in the Series, as usual. Unless the Giants are in the Series. I never cheer for them.

• Like 3

So, I mean, I'm an Astros fan (b/c, Texas, duh....) but, man this is a good game! Even I had to admit that home run by (I think Soto?) was an incredible hit! 

I mean, I still hope our Astros win and all (and preferably in 6 games or fewer, b/c I'm going to be in the rough area of the game on the night of Game 7, if there is one, and I don't want the increased parking fees I'll find.......LOL!), but.....gotta admit, the Nationals are a pretty good team! Wow!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheReader said:

So, I mean, I'm an Astros fan (b/c, Texas, duh....) but, man this is a good game! Even I had to admit that home run by (I think Soto?) was an incredible hit! 

I mean, I still hope our Astros win and all (and preferably in 6 games or fewer, b/c I'm going to be in the rough area of the game on the night of Game 7, if there is one, and I don't want the increased parking fees I'll find.......LOL!), but.....gotta admit, the Nationals are a pretty good team! Wow!

It is a good game!  DH turned it off after the 1st inning LoL.  He just went upstairs and the boys and I turned it back on 😁🤫.  Soto just got another big hit ️!

8 hours ago, Junie said:

That was an awesome game.

While I'm glad the Astros won the AL pennant, it would have been so much easier to root against the Yankees.  I actually like the Astros and rooted for them in '17.

Aww, thanks! 

I'm finding your Nationals to be hard to root against, too. Man, they played well! 

Also, I was so annoyed with (Soto? is that who hit the awesome home run early on?) and his little self-righteous, taunting clap and then his signal to the heavens. Gosh, what a prideful, annoying guy! ONLY, then I read this morning an article about the Baby Shark thing going on, gave context to his annoying clap, lol, and then it seemed sweet. :sigh: 

I mean, I still want them to lose, but....it's sure nice to have GOOD opponents this go-round.....not just guys who can play baseball, but players and fans (well, I guess yet to be seen but I'm assuming) who are nice, etc. 

And I didn't realize they started off as the Wild Card winners! Eek! If we weren't in it, I'd definitely be rooting for them to win. 

• Like 2

Did anyone see the picture of the billboard in Houston welcoming their hometown Nationals player? Both teams are showing a lot of class.

I wish I could have said the same for the series last week in New York. 

Edit to say: The NY players were fine. But the fans... 

Edited by Skippy
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, TheReader said:

Aww, thanks! 

I'm finding your Nationals to be hard to root against, too. Man, they played well! 

Also, I was so annoyed with (Soto? is that who hit the awesome home run early on?) and his little self-righteous, taunting clap and then his signal to the heavens. Gosh, what a prideful, annoying guy! ONLY, then I read this morning an article about the Baby Shark thing going on, gave context to his annoying clap, lol, and then it seemed sweet. :sigh: 

I mean, I still want them to lose, but....it's sure nice to have GOOD opponents this go-round.....not just guys who can play baseball, but players and fans (well, I guess yet to be seen but I'm assuming) who are nice, etc. 

And I didn't realize they started off as the Wild Card winners! Eek! If we weren't in it, I'd definitely be rooting for them to win. 

I totally agree!  I don't have anything against the Astros and I am glad they beat the Yankees.  I didn't like how the NY fans were acting during the ALCS!

Yes, Baby Shark is HUGE here.  Fans and players really get into it.  Fun to watch.

Soto turns 21 on Friday :-).

It is nice to have GOOD opponents and both sides are being really classy!  I think our fans are great too, but I know they were heckling Harper during his Philly's games in DC.  I don't feel too bad for him though -- rolling around in his $300,000,000 :-).

I think this is going to be a great series with 2 great teams.  I do want a win for the NATS  :-).  We don't have one yet and this year's team is special.  They've been fighting for every game since May, when everyone had written them off.  To see them come together, how close they are (young and old players), the fun they have in the dugout with their dances and Baby Shark.  I just feel it is our time.  And...maybe it helped not having Harper there and whatever energy that brought to the team.  And...I really want to get the win for Zimmerman and the other guys who have been there awhile.  I also want a win for Rendon.  Love him too - he is adorable and so humble!  I want him to stay a National after this season ends!!!

I wish I could take a nap before tonight's game -- LOL.  I see a cup of leaded coffee in my future :-)!

Wishing both teams a good (safe) game tonight!

Edited by mlktwins
typo
  • Like 2

I hope it is ok to post this!  At some point during the season, Baby Shark and the fun dances in the dugout started.  They just seem to really enjoy each other!  Makes me smile to watch.

They didn't show Zimmerman's, but his dance starts with him walking with an invisible walker (old guy) -- LOL.  And to see Strasburg participate is so much fun.  He is a total introvert!  He is even allowing hugs and is smiling while he is getting them -- LOL.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mlktwins said:

I totally agree!  I don't have anything against the Astros and I am glad they beat the Yankees.  I didn't like how the NY fans were acting during the ALCS!

Yes, Baby Shark is HUGE here.  Fans and players really get into it.  Fun to watch.

Soto turns 21 on Friday :-).

It is nice to have GOOD opponents and both sides are being really classy!  I think our fans are great too, but I know they were heckling Harper during his Philly's games in DC.  I don't feel too bad for him though -- rolling around in his $300,000,000 :-).

I think this is going to be a great series with 2 great teams.  I do want a win for the NATS  :-).  We don't have one yet and this year's team is special.  They've been fighting for every game since May, when everyone had written them off.  To see them come together, how close they are (young and old players), the fun they have in the dugout with their dances and Baby Shark.  I just feel it is our time.  And...maybe it helped not having Harper there and whatever energy that brought to the team.  And...I really want to get the win for Zimmerman and the other guys who have been there awhile.  I also want a win for Rendon.  Love him too - he is adorable and so humble!  I want him to stay a National after this season ends!!!

I wish I could take a nap before tonight's game -- LOL.  I see a cup of leaded coffee in my future :-)!

Wishing both teams a good (safe) game tonight!

I saw that!!! Crazy how young these guys are. 

And everytime they kept saying his name last night, I thought they were saying Han, and I thought it was hilarious his parents named him Han Soto. (ha) Finally they put it up on the screen and I realized it was Juan, which makes a bit more sense, and which I still love, though, for the play on words (whether it was on purpose or on accident). 

And it really IS going to be a great series, regardless. Somewhere just below half of me wants y'all to get y'all's fairytale, but don't tell anybody I said that, LOL! 

And yes to the coffee. Long day, long night, long day again tomorrow. Must have all the coffees. 

2 minutes ago, Farrar said:

Getting ready to go to the watch party at the stadium. After last night's game, we're PSYCHED.

Also, please enjoy this grainy photo of my children with Ryan Zimmerman ten freaking years ago.

Natsfest1.thumb.jpg.2a06bb9fcdbd9ee15dcaae4408dc484b.jpg

Have an awesome time!  They are adorable and look at the baby Zimmerman 😃.  Go NATS!!!

• Like 2