Menu

Any Washington Nationals fans on here?!?!?

mlktwins

19 hours ago, Angie in VA said:

I just set the DVR to record the parade on the MLB channel. 

Have fun, Farrar, and please tell us all about it! 

Watching now on the MLB Network (not Channel) and despite its being a glorious day there in DC and here where I live, it is not coming in clearly! ACK!

It's a long shot, but anyone find a source to stream it? No clue why the picture is pixelated, but I'm not happy!

Update: Found this link. YAY! Also, MASN is showing it and that channel is crystal clear!

Edited by Angie in VA

I went for an hour or so. Stood on the Archive steps. Definitely fun. There were overly friendly drunk guys behind us, so it felt like a ball game. Everyone around us chanted “MVP” for Rendon. I cheered wildly for Doolittle who was waving his light saber. 

Lots of people took photos of me with my sign. Someone was giving out “Finish the Statehood Fight” signs too.

4A208B7B-9626-48DD-9230-56311671E9ED.jpeg

• Like 3

Loved "the boys" (as Davey calls them - DH and I joke that it would make a good drinking game to take a drink every time Davey says "the boys" in a press conference, lol), Zim's getting emotional, the Parra/Sanchez/Strasberg/Scherzer hugging, and no F bombs (I'm looking at you, Alex Ovechkin). 

Great sign and great photo of you, Farrar! So nice to see you. 🙂 Any idea how many people were there? It looked like a good crowd, and that's what I hoped for on a Saturday. 

Still pinching myself and so happy!

• Like 2

I’m terrible at DC crowd estimates. It was crowded, but I’ve been to more crowded things. Like, the March for Our Lives was more crowded, but the people were dispersed differently so very hard to say. Also, we saw the whole parade but some people were still heading down as we left - going to the rally instead of the parade. They closed Archives and we had to walk to Gallery. Alas.

The F bomb was the fan on Fox 5 who swore live on TV about the president! I think the team itself has been pretty clean publicly. They’re really so friendly and kind to each other in every shot of the dugout ever. Strasbourg was filming the whole route from his bus. He looked like he was still surprised. A lot of the players and bus folks took photos of the crowd where I was because with the flag Archives banners and the fans on the steps, it looked really cool.

• Like 3