Menu

Hundreds killed by bombers in Sri Lanka at Easter Masses and at hotels

unsinkable

3 hours ago, May said:

What hate people must have in their hearts to do this. May God have mercy🙏🏻

I think zealotry rather than hatred was the more likely motivator. Regardless, it is another sad day for humanity.

Edited by bibiche
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, AbcdeDooDah said:

I just saw this on Twitter. Surveillance footage right before one of the bombings. The bomber stops to pat a small child. It just really struck me. He's about to kill a church full of people and takes this moment. It's all just so sad and strange.

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1120700091264794625

this makes me want an angry emoji.  

like the boston marathon bomber - he deliberately placed his backpack next to a child.

• Sad 1

My heart aches for all those families. I learned of the attacks Saturday evening on a group chat with my Sri Lankan in laws. One minute we were joking and laughing, the next minute one of them said “Bad news in Colombo”. We are very fortunate that all our family and friends are safe. A neighbor, 42, the father of four young kids, did perish in one of the hotel blasts. Terrible loss of life, and a big setback for the country. They are very much in shock, and fearful for what all this means for the future. The authorities have blocked social media to prevent the spread of rumors and communal instigation. The investigation is ongoing -several arrests have been made, several controlled detonations have been carried out in different locations.  All of this to say, please pray for Sri Lanka, for all those hurt, and for peace.

• Sad 2