Menu

"I Voted!" stickers by state

Elfknitter.#

4 minutes ago, umsami said:

Florida is boring.  We have a US flag and a "I Voted" type thing.  I was fine with it, until some friends from Georgia posted theirs.

I always take the sticker but never put it on since I usually just go home. I have my GA one if you want it. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, mamakelly said:

My California sticker doesn’t look like sticker in the link.

That was from LA County and that particular one was probably from an absentee/ vote by mail packet.

14 hours ago, LucyStoner said:

Washington is all vote by mail (WHICH I LOVE LOVE LOVE ❤️).  So no stickers.    We get a paper stub to track our ballot though so that’s something more valuable to me.  

I got the sticker with my absentee ballot.

14 hours ago, Tanaqui said:

I have the NYC one, and I really like it. But yes, Alaska's is the cutest.

I thought Alaska's wins hands down.

16 minutes ago, Miss Mousie said:

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but the stickers stick in my craw.  Given the shaky financial situation in my state (and likely many others), I think those dollars could be far better spent than on stuff that goes straight in the trash.   #curmudgeon

/rant

I feel the same way.  And not even in the trash in a lot of cases - we saw them stuck to the ground in many places yesterday.  

I did read this today:  http://www.cleveland19.com/2018/11/07/heres-who-paid-million-i-voted-stickers-ohio/

• Like 1

I just had the generic white oval sticker with the flag, the only kind I've ever had.  I was out and about yesterday with kids at various activities/appointments, and from what I could gather, more decorative/attractive stickers usually came from nicer suburban neighborhoods.  If I stop and think about it, it bothers me.  On the one day where everyone is supposed to have an equal voice, you walk out with a sticker showing what class of neighborhood you were able to vote in.

On the other hand, they all pay more property taxes than me. ?

1 hour ago, Kassia said:

I feel the same way.  And not even in the trash in a lot of cases - we saw them stuck to the ground in many places yesterday.  

I did read this today:  http://www.cleveland19.com/2018/11/07/heres-who-paid-million-i-voted-stickers-ohio/

Thanks for the article.  That was interesting.  

49 minutes ago, Elfknitter.# said:

People can always decline receiving a sticker. When my kids were little, I used to give mine to them. As anything, not everyone will like them. I'm just in the camp that does. ?

I do decline the sticker now, and I did pass it to the kid when he was younger.  Thanks for not getting too upset with me for butting in on your happy thread.  ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BarbecueMom said:

I just had the generic white oval sticker with the flag, the only kind I've ever had.  I was out and about yesterday with kids at various activities/appointments, and from what I could gather, more decorative/attractive stickers usually came from nicer suburban neighborhoods.  If I stop and think about it, it bothers me.  On the one day where everyone is supposed to have an equal voice, you walk out with a sticker showing what class of neighborhood you were able to vote in.

On the other hand, they all pay more property taxes than me. ?

That is just not right!  (But I'd be right there with you gloating about my lower tax bill!)

20 hours ago, mamakelly said:

My California sticker doesn’t look like sticker in the link.

5 hours ago, Elfknitter.# said:

That was from LA County and that particular one was probably from an absentee/ vote by mail packet.

A neighbor who took a selfie with the sticker after she voted has the same design but the colors are the usual red and blue.