Menu

Hats?

Night Elf

I wear a baseball cap every day for walking to keep the sun out of my eyes and off my head. I have a nice water-resistant hat with a brim for rainy days to keep the rain off my glasses. I'd rather wear a hat than stop to wipe my glasses off. My dh wears hats all the time to protect his head from sunburn. If we are traveling and he has forgotten to bring a hat, he will stop and buy another one. We have a lot of hats. This should be a special Konmari category for us. 

I go through phases, but recently I've been wearing a sun hat whenever I'm outside or driving, even if it's overcast, because I don't want any more sun spots.  I wear cotton gloves when driving as well.  My DH thinks I'm a little nuts.

• Like 1

I think hats for women are gaining in popularity again - all types.  I don’t wear anything fancy though. I wear a baseball/trucker cap maybe once a week - to a bbq, hiking, or sometimes just around town, especially if I’m going to be in the sun.  I used to wear them a lot 20 years ago. I have actually bought three new hats in the last 6 months. I really like the look of me in one 

2 hours ago, Teaching3bears said:

I need hats for sun protection so I wear them,  mostly baseball caps BUT they look awful on me!   I have a small head and would look better with kids hats but they are usually decorated in a way not befitting an adult.  

My kids and I wear SundayAfternoon sun hats from when my DS13 was a toddler. DS12 broke the strap on his hat (two weeks after using) and the company mails us a replacement as they have lifetime warranty on their products. My more than ten years old hat is still looking new (as well as my kids big kid hats that I gave to friends after five years of use) so DS12’s latest hat was a fluke on quality control. 

The toddler to big kids hat they wore which is very popular locally https://www.sundayafternoons.com/p/kids-play-hat/

The adult hat they are now wearing https://www.sundayafternoons.com/p/adventure-hat/

3 hours ago, regentrude said:

Do you drive a convertible? Otherwise, why gloves? Window glass lets in very little UV (that's why transition lenses don't work in the car)

Car windshields block UVB and UVA rays but the other windows only block UVB rays...so you still get sun-damage while driving. : )

• Like 1