Menu

What's on the dinner menu this week?

MrsRobinson

I've been really slacking in this department lately and as a result, we are not eating as healthy or as inexpensively as we should be. So here's my menu this week, please share yours! I need some new ideas! For now, I'm off to the store...

Sunday- meatball curry, rice, Asian chopped salad

Monday- carnitas pork tacos, tomatillo sauce, all the veg add ins

Tuesday- BBQ pork sandwiches, coleslaw, fries

Wednesday- dinner at in laws or leftovers

Thursday- Crock Pot whole chicken, Instant Pot mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli

Friday- eat out at burger joint (as a reward for sticking to this all week!)

Saturday- Crock Pot chicken cheesesteaks, salad

• Like 1

We have weird schedules here and sometimes there are only two of us for dinner. Sometimes the third (which could be either dh or ds) isn't home for dinner but eats later so I make enough for three. This week ds and I are going to Orlando Fri-Sun for Megacon (a sci-fi con) so dh will be on his own.

Other than tomorrow night, these aren't for a specific day, just what we'll be having this week -

Pierogies and smoked sausage, broccoli

Baked ziti

Monday - (outdoor) grilled chicken - sides to be determined but probably potato salad and grilled asparagus

leftovers of any of the above, then ds and I leave for the weekend Friday morning.

• Like 1

We’re moving in a few weeks so the goal is to eat the odds and ends of food we have around and only buy vegetables and milk. But our stuff is already shipped of so I’m working with limited kitchen supplies which makes it hard to think of things to eat.  I have enough fish for two different meals so I’ll probably make coconut turmeric fish with rice and greens one night and maybe some fish with toasted garlic and some zucchini and more rice.  We have a little bit of about five different kinds of rice to work through.  There’s also two pounds of cooked ground beef that will probably because lasagna two different days.  The garbanzo beans will go into koshary and fattah. The black beans will probably go with more rice and maybe some salsa. There are a few packages of different kinds of noodles that will probably get combined with tofu and whatever sauce I have ingredients for.  I also have arugula pesto in the fridge I need to use, and some dosa batter.  

I’d eat out sometimes to avoid some stress, but it’s Ramadan here and no restaurants are open till 6:30, plus the traffic is awful then since everyone is trying to get to their iftar on time.  I think our meals will get more and more eclectic as we get further into Ramadan.

• Like 1

Sunday - Steak & pepper open faced sandwiches, green salad

Monday - Chicken Francese with fresh pasta, a caprese salad on the side

Tuesday - butternut squash ravioli in a sage butter sauce, leftover veggies from the previous two nights, fresh bread

Wednesday - Honey mustard pork chops over a sweet potato hash

Thursday - vegetable lo mein (or possibly chicken with a peanut sauce)

Friday - bbq: smoked ribs and brisket, spicy coleslaw, cucumber salad, corn, and peach milkshakes/grilled fruit for dessert

Saturday - leftovers

• Like 1

Sunday - Shepherd's pie (really cottage pie I think since I am making it with leftover roast beef), and a salad

Monday - Cheeseburgers and potato salad

Tuesday - tacos, slow cooker refried beans

Wednesday - Homemade pizza

Thursday - Stir fry and fried rice

Friday - Steak, cheesy broccoli soup, and rhubarb peach cobbler for dessert

Saturday - Roast chicken, rice, veggie

• Like 1

I haven't been doing a great job at meal planning. I recently subscribed to purple carrot meal delivery to try new things and get more vegetables in our diet.

Today I am making pioneer woman's chicken tortilla soup. I plan to serve it over rice to stretch it. 

For dinner tonight we are having Korean BBQ. I am using beef stew meat cooked in Korean BBQ sauce. We will have rice with it and one of this week's purple carrot meals. It is roasted beets tossed in Korean BBQ sauce, sauted baby bok choy sprinkled with sesame, edamame, and kimchi all served over rice and drizzled with a mixture of Korean BBQ/vegan mayo and sliced scallions.

Tomorrow is another purple carrot meal. It is mole enfrijoladas with walnuts and citrus avocado salad.

I am not sure what we will have Tuesday, maybe pasta. Wednesday we will get a new food delivery.

• Like 1

Tonight : Soy curls fajitas with rice

Monday: Baked potatoes and veggie chili

Tuesday: Sweet potato sushi burritos

Wednesday: Roasted zucchini bibimbap

Thursday: Roasted vegetable tostadas and slaw

Friday: Japanese or Thai takeout

• Like 2

I'm getting ready to make a ham steak, potatoes, and oven fried zucchini for tonight.

Monday - frozen pizza and such (library activity and T-ball game at dinner time)

Tuesday - a bag of GF orange chicken I found at Aldi, rice, frozen veggies (more T-ball)

Wednesday - grilled chicken drumsticks, corn on the cob, salad

Thursday - leftovers (extra kids all day + baseball practice = not cooking)

Friday - burgers, frozen french fries, salad

• Like 1

We have family visiting until Thursday morning.

• Today - lentils with mushrooms and kale; potatoes with mustard cream sauce; smoothies
  • Monday - roasted chicken; a salad
  • Tuesday - bacon-wrapped pineapple; roasted mushrooms with garlic; Brazilian cheese rolls; fruit salad
  • Wednesday - turkey meatballs; brown rice; carrot-apple salad; probably a watermelon
  • Thursday - leftovers
  • Friday - lasagna
  • Saturday - veggie stir-fry and rice
  • Like 1

I don't know the whole week's menu, but the first half is decided. We are all still in school.  I have extra tutoring in the afternoons this week, so I tried to plan easy meals. 

Beef tacos with lots of toppings and salad

Sesame chicken with fried rice and veggies

BBQ chicken with salad and fresh corn

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Selkie said:

Tonight : Soy curls fajitas with rice

Monday: Baked potatoes and veggie chili

Tuesday: Sweet potato sushi burritos

Wednesday: Roasted zucchini bibimbap

Thursday: Roasted vegetable tostadas and slaw

Friday: Japanese or Thai takeout

What do you think of the soy curls? I've been on the fence about buying them but I think dh would really appreciate them. I love your menu. This is how we eat and I've been in a total meal slump lately so it's helpful to see. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

Sunday Brats, beans and salad

Monday Roast, carrots, potatoes and green beans,. Homemade bread

Tuesday spaghetti with broccoli on the side left over bread

Wednesday Lentil and broccoli quiche roasted brussel sprouts on the side

Thursday tilapia, rice, fried okra and green peas on the side

• Like 1

Oh boy, do I really need this.  I try to cook as grain and dairy free as possible (at least for myself) but do try to include a starch for my kids/DH.  Every day includes cut up raw vegetables as well.

Monday:  proscuitto wrapped chicken tenderloins, noodles (or rice) with burnt butter

Tuesday:  baked shrimp scampi, pasta

Wednesday: marinated pork tenderloin (grilled), baked potato

Thursday: beef and vegetable shishkabobs and rice

Weekend: we have a travel baseball tournament this weekend for DS17 so we will be living out of a hotel and eating who knows what

• Like 1

Taco soup with shredded chicken

Stuffed peppers, broccoli

Stir fry of some sort

Grilled teriyaki chicken, green beans

Little pizzas made on English muffins ?

I don't assign meals to days. I buy enough meals for the week, then make what sounds good that night. I like one dish meals like stir fry, which obviously has all the veggies mixed in. But otherwise, I made a large helping of green veggies on the side.

2 hours ago, samba said:

What do you think of the soy curls? I've been on the fence about buying them but I think dh would really appreciate them. I love your menu. This is how we eat and I've been in a total meal slump lately so it's helpful to see. Thanks for sharing!

They've been a big hit in our house! I like them because they're minimally processed compared to other meat substitutes and so easy to make. They do require a lot of seasoning, though, as they are very bland. Dh has only been eating plant-based for a few months and was missing chicken fajitas, but he says the soy curls are an excellent replacement. ?

• Like 2

My daughter is vegan, and her dad and I are working on using meat less often. So, our meal are changing:). 

Monday-vegetarian chili with ground chicken on the side for those that want it included in the chili

Tuesday-meatless tacos

Wednesday-daughter-Vegan "chicken" tender, veggies, couscous-her dad and I will have the veggies and couscous with chipotle chicken thighs

Thursday-daughter-curry rice/beans-her dad and I will have pork curry

Friday-potluck or eat out.

• Like 1