Menu

I got a $50 boob job

sassenach

because it's horrible to go bra shopping.  I was surprised when my dd told me she bought herself from as an early bd present, and that it was money that mostly had previously stopped her - for ten years.   she graduated two years ago, their only debt is their mortgage - and she still hated going.

now- when I go, I'll buy multiples of the same one so I don't have to go again.   I just threw one away, but I don't want to go again to replace it.

• Like 2

It's hard to beat a good bra. Mine are looking pretty forlorn...

ETA: lol, a "good" bra, not a food bra. Although a food bra could be useful....

Edited by Quill
  • Like 3

I just did this. I'm 5 months pregnant, and I've spent the last five years in badly fitting bras due to pregnancy and breastfeeding. I just got tired of it. I spent $115 on 3 bras that I'll probably get rid of in February (won't fit), but I won't wait that long again. I feel and look so much better, even as a fluffy, crabby pregnant woman.

I used to get measured every six months, and I'm kicking myself for letting gestating and lactating get in the way. I was wearing 36DD and measured/bought 34H - no wonder I look and feel better!

• Like 3

I went to soma for a fitting last year. What a difference getting the right size bra makes. Yes it was $$ but everything I wear looks so much better.

A friend of mine who worked in a lingerie dept. of a major department store (Nordstrom?) said it is the most important thing to do: get fitted for bras.

Have I? No. And it doesn't mean you have to buy from them, but what a surprise it would be to find out you've been buying the wrong size. 

• Like 2

The bra I have on now is a 34B. According to the Natori app, I should be wearing a 38 DD!! I’m going to track down a Natori bra and see how accurate that is.

Me too.

Where are some places you can go?

I have always had a wonderful experience with Nordstroms fitting me. Their employees in that department are properly trained and have been great at picking out bras that give great support to my huge boobs. There is also a local bra shop that I go to as well.

I do not skimp on my bra purchases.

This. I'm a 36DD, and gravity is taking its toll now that I'm 42. Also, I'm starting to spill over the top of my cups a little. I need to bra shop, but I REALLY do NOT want to go up a cup size. :glare:

It's finally time I get to be happy I was not generously endowed in that area. Speed bumps don't sag. 😆

• Like 3

There's a shop near me that specializes in large cup size bras, particularly ones with more moderate band sizes.  I'd started to go there to get my bras before my youngest was born - they have really pretty bras which can be hard to find in those sizes, and she really knows her stuff.  (She also builds custom corsets if you need that kind of thing.)

Unfortunately I need nursing bras at the moment and she doesn't carry those.  I just can't find one that is really the right size.  I really notice a difference on the occasion I go out without the baby and wear a real bra.

• Like 1

I've always been able to use inexpensive bras because I'm small and don't need much support. Dd is a 32DD and I've had to go to expensive bras for her for them to fit right. She has beautiful Natori bras and now I'm a little jealous. Maybe I'll buy some nice ones even though I'm small. Maybe I'll go to that nice lingerie store in town where they fit dd. And my bras last forever so it should be okay if they cost more than $17 up front.

I used an online bra calculator and a fabric measuring tape. What an amazing difference the right size makes in look and comfort. My sister buys for me on clearance and special sales at Dillards because we don't have any here (stores or 34G). I stopped in there when I was visiting to get dd the 28B she needs - only store to carry it.

There's a shop near me that specializes in large cup size bras, particularly ones with more moderate band sizes. I'd started to go there to get my bras before my youngest was born - they have really pretty bras which can be hard to find in those sizes, and she really knows her stuff. (She also builds custom corsets if you need that kind of thing.)

Unfortunately I need nursing bras at the moment and she doesn't carry those. I just can't find one that is really the right size. I really notice a difference on the occasion I go out without the baby and wear a real bra.

You can get hooks in regular bras to convert them to nursing bras. Otherwise get measured at the place you normally buy and check out Linda's Online for a huge range of nursing bra sizes. Anita, Cake, and La Mystere have worked for me

• Like 1

One of my dds the past two weeks has been complaining about pain in her left chest area, and Friday she called me - she had finally taken herself into Urgent Care near her college.  They were concerned enough to do an EKG (heart fine), scan of her chest (not pneumonia), etc.  Finally the doctor is resorting to a br**st exam (lumps not likely in a 21-year-old but still) and notices a faint pink line.  Turns out dd gained ten pounds since school started (all of 105 instead of 96ish now!!!) and a lot of that went to her bosuns.  Her bra had been too small! 

She gave Urgent Care their good laugh for the day.  I was cracking up on the phone as she told me.  Am sure will laugh less when get the bill in the mail.  Meanwhile we go bra shopping today....

• Like 6