Menu

I'm about to light these maps on fire and dance on their ashes

They. Won't. Stay. Up.

At our local homeschool convention I purchased these beautiful, somewhat heavy, laminated maps -- one world map, one USA map. They were rolled up tight. I put tons of books (etc.) on them trying to flatten them. Nope. I've tried specialty adhesives and regular tape -- but they won't stay on the wall!

Help. Help. Help. 

Pushpins?

I'd prefer nothing that leaves holes. New house, freshly painted walls -- and I might have a slight problem with constantly moving things, so I'd end up with pin holes all of the room eventually :P I will if I have to, though, lol.

I had the exact same problem with our world map and eventually gave in and used push pins at the corners and tape along the sides. I found a Canada Map that is a cling version and it's fantastic.  I haven't been able to find a world map like that though.   :( 

I 2nd the Command velcro strips (they are called "picture hangers"). They worked great for handing our maps and white boards on our plaster walls to which nothing else seems to want to stick. I've also used the tiny metal Command hooks and then hole punched along the top edge of things to hang them---they work great and hold a lot more weight than you might expect. 

I used thumbtacks to put ours up.  The command stuff takes off paint every single time.  I don't care what they say.  They lie.  And I have several places in the house where paint was pulled off the walls.  The thumbtack holes are teeny tiny.

I'd prefer nothing that leaves holes. New house, freshly painted walls -- and I might have a slight problem with constantly moving things, so I'd end up with pin holes all of the room eventually :p I will if I have to, though, lol.

Not just that, but I think the worst damage is done to the maps.  In fact, I think I switched to tape after our maps were torn because of the thumb tacks.  

Guys, I have The Answer.  (This hardly ever happens, so may I have a drum roll please?)

Take them to an office store and get them mounted onto foam core.

Then you can lean them against the wall from a low table or book shelf, AND (bonus!!), you can store them behind each other and just display the one you're currently using, if you're pressed for space.

• Like 3