Menu

Simple inexpensive item that I can't find in any store

pinkmint

Postcards.

You know, state postcards. Where do I go to buy them??!

I like the idea of sending them to loved ones in different parts of the country because it feels just a touch special and specific.

But apparently literally no store sells them anymore. I'm exaggerating a little because I did find some in a tourist store in a mall once but since that store is not that close to me I checked Walmart, Walgreens, Dollar General, a truck stop and a book store in my town.

At this point I'm getting a little fixated on just finding them since it's so ridiculously hard.

And buying them online feels kinda wrong.

• Like 1

I had to buy postcards for an exchange we did a couple years ago.  In order to get something besides Atlantic City and NYC (I'm in NJ), I had to go to a local historical site.   I needed to buy one a couple weeks ago to send out for a friend and I managed to find one non-AC/NYC postcard in the gift shop of a local hotel.

• Like 1

Postcards.

You know, state postcards. Where do I go to buy them??!

I like the idea of sending them to loved ones in different parts of the country because it feels just a touch special and specific.

But apparently literally no store sells them anymore. I'm exaggerating a little because I did find some in a tourist store in a mall once but since that store is not that close to me I checked Walmart, Walgreens, Dollar General, a truck stop and a book store in my town.

At this point I'm getting a little fixated on just finding them since it's so ridiculously hard.

And buying them online feels kinda wrong.

Try Cracker Barrel. 

Thank you for the suggestions, all.

It just seems like postcards used to be more common. I remember seeing them at places like Walmart, drug stores etc and now the postcard displays have disappeared.

Postcards are neat but I guess that's one more thing that has been replaced by texting pictures etc.

• Like 1

We did a postcard exchange and had a very difficult time finding them too. Our drug store use to carry them but doesn't anymore. Bookstores have been reliable, both locally owned and Barnes & Noble. Museum gift shops and zoos usually have them, that's what I let my kids buy as souvenirs as it's affordable and doesn't take up too much space. Occasionally I find them at truck stops. Airports have them as well and you can usually get to a gift shop prior to security if you aren't flying somewhere.

You can buy 20 of the same one through Amazon. I also bought a lot of 50 from eBay of my home state, there are a few duplicates and quite a few of different angles. My kids send those to their cousins. You could print your own through Vista Print too.

If you want a few random postcards, pm me your address and I'll mail some to you.