Menu

Use for the tortilla chip dregs?

Farrar

Dh likes to eat the giant Costco sized bag of tortilla chips down to the dregs then dump what's left into the next bag and start anew. Because what are you supposed to do with penny sized bits of tortilla chips? Except, I often then end up in the situation I'm in now, with what amounts to a pretty huge bag of tortilla chip bits. I'm sitting here with some guac munching on them but it's not a particularly satisfying way to eat chips and dip.

Anyone have a recipe that actually uses tortilla chip bits? Or maybe crushed tortilla chips? I can't imagine breading anything with them, but maybe there's a casserole they could top?

It seems weird to put it on chicken or mac and cheese... maybe I'm being old fashioned about bread crumbs though...

I like the idea of taco salad. Or chicken tortilla soup. Or migas... Maybe I'll turn them into migas tonight and see how that goes...

On top of chili is a great idea. Okay, I think I've got uses for most of this bag... migas for lunch tomorrow and there's a batch of lunch chili in the freezer that we'll have for lunch the following day - topped with lots of tortilla chip bits.

And then I've got ideas for the future. I'm totally trying those tex-mex meatballs and that tortilla soup.

• Like 1