Menu

I need to post something so I can click on my name. I have to get stuff figured out.

You don't need to post to click on your name. At the top of the page, click on User Control Panel.

On the left of that page, its says Your Control Panel.

Click on Your Profile. That will take you where you want to be.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this "Itrader" -- how do you find it? :001_huh:

I just figured it out and left my first feedback.

Okay, here is what I did; use the advanced search feature (the read search box above has a pull down that offers an advanced search). Find a transaction in which you were the buyer or seller. Pull up that transaction and copy the URL from the browser window. Then click on the name of the person who you had the transaction with. Go to that person's public profile and click on "View All Feedbacks for _________". When you click that you will go to a window that has a "Submit Feedback for ________" option. Click that. Then paste the URL in the appropriate box and fill in the rest of the form and voila! you just left feedback for a transaction!

If you want to see the feedback I left, visit MoniMoni's profile page. It works just like ebay.

Now I am off to rate all my transactions!!!

Just in checking this out, theoretically I could leave positive or negative feedback for anyone, even those I did not have a transaction with. I didn't do that, but I could have. So theoretically this system could be used just like the rep system without the green squares. :confused:

To leave feedback for a transaction, you need a URL for the post that the item you bought or sold is in.

How do you get in there to leave someone one? I haven't figured that out yet.

Ahhh I see, I went into Academy of Jedi Knights and figured it out. The thing is if you were leaving just a random comment then you would have to say if you were the buyer, seller or if it was a trade. So you COULD do it but you would have to lie unless there was a transaction.

So in playing around with this thing, you can leave comments, but the comments do not link to a specific post the way the rep system did. I liked the rep system because the comments linked to specific posts and it actually made it easier to keep my place in conversations.

You can also have conversations back and forth on the "comments" form, but apparently anyone can read those conversations. I am not liking that part of it.

We can leave html messages just like when we are posting. If you want to link to a specific post, you can include the link in your comments.

Well, I'll go out on a limb and say I am glad that rep is gone. I don't think it served its intended purpose. I got a lot of rep for posts I made in parenting and political threads ... but those things don't have anything to do with my knowledge of homeschooling or ability to help others in that respect. What does it matter if someone likes/hates my political perspective? So, I'm glad we've moved beyond rep.

Tara

I'll climb out on that limb with you -- hope this ol' fat lady doesn't break the branch! I was up when the boards came back online last night and, while I admit to being just a *tad* disappointed that the rep was gone -- four more "reps" for another square *and* some very sweet comments gone forever -- that disappointment lasted about five seconds. Is the popularity contest now being moved to the friends list? :lol:

This is all so confusing. I'm going to Lowe's to see if I can find an area rug on clearance. Maybe I'll buy some mums while I'm there. I may swing by Starbucks, too.

So you are saying that area rugs and mums are the cure for confusion?

This information could have saved my sanity for so many years.

I don't need an area rug. Could I just get the mums and be only half as confused?

Not long after I made the post, I had to get offline and take the kids to the ped for check ups. But I'm back and, although I miss my rep, I LIKE the changes ~

Friends

Photo Albums

Good/neutral/bad %

I like.

Goodbye rep, I'll miss you! But I'm looking forward to checking my percentages when I need to feel like I matter... :lol:

:lol: Was coming to post the same thing.

Look, we homeschooling moms don't get all that much validation at home, you know :glare:

Ain't that the truth, the rep posts was the only validation I get in my life at all, and was often a great pick me up when I was ready to toss in the towel. Oh well, guess I had better buy/sell/trade something now just to feel special again ;)

So, let me see if I understand this.....I am going to have to get my validation and self worth somewhere else?!?!

Dang! This could be tough on my emotional psyche!

*putting on psychobabble cap*

You must channel your inner rep. Your rep has been inside you all along.

*taking off hat*

And you can click on other people and view what's been said about them! A lot more 'detailed' than the previous system.

It'll tell you who has viewed your public profile and when....

Shhhhh...they're watching....time to put the colander on my head!!

:leaving:

I just clicked on your name to test out this new system, and sure enough - my name comes up with others as having viewed your public profile.

This is all so confusing. I'm going to Lowe's to see if I can find an area rug on clearance. Maybe I'll buy some mums while I'm there. I may swing by Starbucks, too.

Oh! You can post them in an album! You could title it "My Confusing Shopping Trip".

Be sure to look at colanders while you're there.

Wah! I'll miss my three green squares. Sniff, sniff...

Now I'm having uncomfortable social flashbacks to high school....I don't want to be in a who has the most friends contest. Ack! What if no body likes me? What if I don't have the right clothes? What if I get a pimple on the end of my nose? Ack! Ack! Ack!

sigh...I want the yellow colander.

Off to get the teen whose lungs are full of crud and whose brain seems to be empty to finish his work. School, remember? I'm the mommy now. That's better. I don't want to ever go back to being 17 again.