Menu

If you could go to any concert - who would you want to see/hear?

Bruce Springsteen

Billy Joel

Elton John - my sister actually got to see him. I can't believe it. Her and not me. Life is so not fair.

Janet

I saw Bruce once AND Elton about 6 times. OK, I am old. I also saw Elvis Costello back when he was an angry young man, the Clash (my ears buzzed for days afterwards! They were LOUD!!!) and the English Beat.

Ozzy.

Oh man - I would have loved to see Ozzy, back in the day before I had to make myself stop listening to most of this kind of music. :D

I've seen Bon Jovi - New Jersey tour, I was in high school, so now you know how old I am. ;) They were fantastic. I have wanted to see them in recent years but it's never worked out. Plus now Jon has short hair and Richie Sambora has not aged gracefully... it might be too depressing.

Saw Def Leppard after Steve Clark died. One armed drummer and all. They were fabulous too.

Saw Phil Collins with dh. Great show; he's not really my thing but I did enjoy it. We were in the 2nd row.

I've seen Elton John twice - once with his full, glitzy show, and the other time with just a percussionist and Elton on the piano. That was probably the most incredible show I've ever seen. I spent more time watching the percussionist.

It's a toss up for my favorite shows - Journey (with Steve Perry) and the Eagles. I've seen the Eagles twice and would gladly pay a lot of money to go again. And, if Journey ever toured with Steve Perry again, I would be there. Period. I would cancel vacation and Christmas. :D

If I could see anyone, it would be Elvis - before all the drugs and crap.

Radiohead sounds good to me BUT if I could see/hear Dawn Upshaw and then the most awesome muezzin maybe in the same concert, I think I would weep. I weep when I listen to Songs of Sorrow (Gorecki) with Dawn Upshaw singing anyway... Time-Travel choice? Bela Bartok playing his First Piano Concerto. - Jill in ND

edit: I shouldn't get thinking about this stuff! there's not enough microtonal music in my life so the openers for the concert would have to be Kraig Grady (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraig_Grady) on some instruments of his making and then the Fiery Furnaces.

Before she stops giving concerts, I MUST see her. But drat, she doesn't fly, and only performs in Michigan now I think.

I'm trying to remember all the contemporary concerts I have been to over the years.

Earth, Wind, and Fire

Chakka Khan

Kool and the Gang

Diana Ross

Stevie Wonder

The Eagles

Chicago

Jeffrey Osborne

Stephanie Mills

Dionne Warwick

Hiroshima

Pointer Sisters

Journey

Toto

Tower of Power

Malo

I would like to see War and Santana, but their concerts are too dangerous around here right now to risk it.

I'd like to see the Spinners, too--wonder whether they're still around.

If money were no object and you could go to any concert, who would you want to see/hear?

Mine would definitely be Ricky Martin as a first choice. It should probably be something more "refined" or dignified - but I just adore his voice!

Benise would be a close 2nd

Julie Andrews when she could sing would have been a top pick too. Or maybe Il Divo?

I would love to hear what you guys like now!

The Broadway version of The Scarlet Pimpernel. I will forever kick myself that I wasn't able to catch this.

For a real concert, The Cincinnatti Pops Orchestra with Erich Kunzel playing movie music (esp. sci fi stuff) or the Dr. Who charity concert in Cardiff with David Tennant as MC and all the costumed bad guys.

I want to go to a K.C. and the Sunshine Band concert. They were here lately, but DH wouldn't take me.

I've been to plenty of symphony orchestra concerts, but I've never been to a rock concert or whatever type of concert it would be. DS2 says they are not rock musicians but I've never heard of a concert being called a disco concert.

I can still do all the dances. I gave DS2 a cute Easter bunny that plays "Shake, Shake, Shake (Shake Your Booty)" a few years ago. I love that rabbit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGjmDTvuNLM&NR=1 (from back then)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEyWm3UNK1Y&feature=related ("Get Down Tonight")

RC