Menu

7th grade Math

Marsha

Prior to 7th we were using Math U See and have found it to be both effective and enjoyable. This year we switched to LIfe of Fred, dd12 is currently working on decimals, then moving on to LOF Algebra.

We occasionally supplement with http://www.mindsprinting.com It's a great, free resource that I learned about from these boards. My mom has since started using it to supplement my dsis13(afterschooling), but it would work well as a full math curriculum.

Ava

We are using 7th Bob Jones for our dd 6th. We have our kids a grade ahead so they will do Algebra 1 in 8th, if ready. We started using BJU last year and really like the math, plus other subjects.

It is a traditional, mastery approach with chapters on topics. There are quizzes after every 2-3 sections, chapter tests. There is a cumulative review at the end of each chapter.There are word problems throughout, with a special section at the end of the chapter focusing on problem solving.

Here's the chapter topics: Adding/Subtracting Whole Numbers; Multiplying/Dividing Whole Numbers; Adding/Subtracting Decimals; Multiplying/Dividing Decimals; Geometry; Number Theory-Fractions; Adding-Subtracting Fractions; Multiplying/Dividing Fractions; Equations; Ratio-Percent-Proportion; Using Percent; Integers; Perimeter-Area-Volume; Measurement; Sets-Statistics

I hope this helps!

I plan to switch soon to Life of Fred and Key to Percents.I'll continue to use a few chapters from R&S but it just isn't really working for dd no matter how much I threaten to hold her back in math if she doesn't do better.She knows how to do the work but all the copying of problems and the way they explain things frustrates her.