Menu

Hi, I'm back.....

I never did find out if my dh managed to post how I did coming out of surgery, so I'll give you the run down.

Surgery did come out well, but the surgeon didn't do the operation he was was planning on when he stepped into the operating theater. The cancer wasn't in big clumps he could remove, but he found an unanticipated problem that would have meant emergency surgery in two weeks, so he's happy he did operate.

I'm home earlier that the surgeon expected and healing well, and the home visting nurses have nearly found a solution to the major side effect of the surgery Yeaah!!!!!!!

I'll be starting aggressive chemo again within 2 weeks. (This is what the surgeon was hoping to avoid for a while)

So thank you for your prayers and thoughts. I'm still in great need of them for the chemo to set the cancer back again. And next time I'll be more explicit in my prayers instead of trusting that the x-rays and scans have given the doctors the right info. :)

And school supposedly started last Tues! Well, ds has been studying, just not what I planned, or all that much with the upsets. Both he and dh deserve a special thanks and pats on the backs for being there and being so supportive.

Thanks again!!!!

I never did find out if my dh managed to post how I did coming out of surgery, so I'll give you the run down.

Surgery did come out well, but the surgeon didn't do the operation he was was planning on when he stepped into the operating theater. The cancer wasn't in big clumps he could remove, but he found an unanticipated problem that would have meant emergency surgery in two weeks, so he's happy he did operate.

I'm home earlier that the surgeon expected and healing well, and the home visting nurses have nearly found a solution to the major side effect of the surgery Yeaah!!!!!!!

I'll be starting aggressive chemo again within 2 weeks. (This is what the surgeon was hoping to avoid for a while)

So thank you for your prayers and thoughts. I'm still in great need of them for the chemo to set the cancer back again. And next time I'll be more explicit in my prayers instead of trusting that the x-rays and scans have given the doctors the right info. :)

And school supposedly started last Tues! Well, ds has been studying, just not what I planned, or all that much with the upsets. Both he and dh deserve a special thanks and pats on the backs for being there and being so supportive.

Thanks again!!!!

:grouphug: Kathy, glad you came through well. You'll be in my prayers with the chemo. Kudos to your men!:001_smile:

Thanks again!!!!

Oh, so good to see you back! :grouphug:

I am so glad for your update! You have been in our prayers and I have been really wondering how you have been doing.

I am not sure whether the fact that the surgeon finding it not being in a large clump is good or bad??? I will be praying for your chemo to be successful!

A large clump the surgeon can remove is good because it means less work for the drugs to do. Instead I've got "plaque", so it's chemo until the dental hygenitsts move into cancer "tartar" removal. Any takers? :)