Menu

Ignore this thread!

54 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Our titles are gone.  That makes me sad - you all had such creative ones!  If you remember what your title was, post it so I can put it in the ITT archives.

Mine was...something about ninjas and nunchucks 😂

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Our titles are gone.  That makes me sad - you all had such creative ones!  If you remember what your title was, post it so I can put it in the ITT archives.

Mine was something like 'We found Toto' or 'Toto is back' since I lost my name for a while with one of the board changes and for that time it said something like 'Help me find Toto'.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last day of CSI camp today.   The morning we're going to do an escape room then Cryptograms.  Not sure about the afternoon.  

I'm skipping out on working out with dd tomorrow because I want to sleep.   These weeks are rough.  So glad I took a week off in between each one.   Next camp is Wizard Camp (Harry Potter-ish theme).  

Next week I have an 8am orthopedic doctor appointment, the whole family has an afternoon eye doctor appointment, dh is having knee surgery, older dd is moving into her apartment, younger dd has a neuropsych appointment, and it's younger dd's 14th birthday.   But its going to be raining all week so we won't be going to the lake at all so maybe I'll get something accomplished amidst all that.   

This Sunday we're having a dinner to celebrate oldest dd graduating with her Masters degree.  Just family and her boyfriend.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I was hoping that with this new board change (or whatever it is) that I could come directly to the General Ed board.  But nope.  I get the Blank Screen of Death.  Oh well, at least I know how to get into ITT through notifications. . .

My iPad has been much much better lately in getting here.  I keep the ITT tab open all the time and now I can usually just refresh the page.  I used to have to go the the general ed board and then get in through the notifications and keep my fingers crossed.  I wonder why you are getting the Blank Screen of Death!

Good morning!

Congratulations to your dd, Toto!

Dd18 is in florida with the church youth group and her face has mysteriously gotten all puffy.  They are taking her to urgent care this morning.

Chester ate his breakfast this morning because dh mixed a spoonful of corned beef hash into his kibble.  He is such a diva.

The Ents (Tree People) are coming this morning to trim a couple trees and remove the big bradford pear out front.  It is a little sad because we love the tree - the leaves turn beautiful colors for my birthday and it shades this half of the house so nicely, but it needs to come down.  The trunk is split in half almost to the ground and it won't be long before a good wind blows it through the roof.

Coffee!

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have not had an issue getting on the boards in at least a week. 

Me, either. Someone did something. However, I can only get on through notifications, but I don’t get the Blank Screen of Doom like I had been getting  previously.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Congratulations to your dd, Toto!

Dd18 is in florida with the church youth group and her face has mysteriously gotten all puffy.  They are taking her to urgent care this morning.

Chester ate his breakfast this morning because dh mixed a spoonful of corned beef hash into his kibble.  He is such a diva.

The Ents (Tree People) are coming this morning to trim a couple trees and remove the big bradford pear out front.  It is a little sad because we love the tree - the leaves turn beautiful colors for my birthday and it shades this half of the house so nicely, but it needs to come down.  The trunk is split in half almost to the ground and it won't be long before a good wind blows it through the roof.

Coffee!

Bradford pears are beautiful in the fall and bloom very pretty in the spring, but they aren’t great trees. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Bradford pears are beautiful in the fall and bloom very pretty in the spring, but they aren’t great trees. 

The town next to us banned them about 30 years ago.  They aren't native to our area and are very quirky to take care of. It will be interesting to see how allergies develop in February next year - dh's allergies start going bonkers as soon as the tree buds.  We don't know if it's actually the tree budding or just a timing coincidence.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The town next to us banned them about 30 years ago.  They aren't native to our area and are very quirky to take care of. It will be interesting to see how allergies develop in February next year - dh's allergies start going bonkers as soon as the tree buds.  We don't know if it's actually the tree budding or just a timing coincidence.  

Well, they smell horrendous. The go-to tree around here has been the Chinese pistasche. It is a beautiful tree year round, easy to grow, seems to like our climate and some hybrids are just spectacular in the fall.

image.jpeg.51e4198a005d25c0302214f593bab225.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Baby birthday update. I got a Sonic plush because he loves John's so much he's going to destroy it, and 3 board books: The Very Hungry Caterpillar; Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?; Night Night Groot (Goodnight Moon ripoff).

All of Mary's stuffed animals are apparently dating.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

My favorites are Goodnight Moon and Sheep in a Jeep.

Sheep in a jeep on a hill that’s steep.

Oh no, Jeep won’t go.

Sheep shove, sheep grunt, sheep don’t think to look up front.

All that from memory. I love that book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

DS is enrolled in public school.  He is signed up for FAST camp next week. Some kind of orientation thing. DH has prostate cancer. DS just got his first vaccine shot, which is good, because of the above. I put cardboard over my AC vent at work because I was too cold in my office.  I am now happily warmer.  Still not fully warm, but warmer. My lunch today was really good - Marie Callender's Chicken Alfredo,  Yum.  I have too much work to do.  I leave for another audit trip on Monday near Pittsburgh.  Really good used book store near where I am staying, if I remember correctly. I'm three nights away from Hilton Platinum. This trip is 3 days, 2 nights.  Bummer.  I wanted to stretch it to 3 nights just to make Platinum but I really couldn't justify the extra day. 

• Like 7

Dh has had to go to Pittsburgh a couple times.  He says it's a pretty nice city.

The Ents are gone and so is Groot and his dad.  The Oak tree looks so much better now that it has been pruned.  

We have a Japanese maple on the corner of the house that will now get plenty of sunshine.  It's a nice tree. 

The doctor decided that dd18 had sun poisoning and so she is taking prednisone.  Jean, are you the one who gets loopy on prednisone?  Anyways, she has been instructed to wear her big floppy hat at all times and have fun for the rest of her trip.

• Like 4

Good morning!

The three high schoolers are coming home - probably dinner time or so.  I need to get laundry put away and register everyone for the new school year which shouldn't be too difficult. Maybe work some more on the freezer meal grocery list.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

Lots to do to get ready for our Lake Tahoe trip.

So, my dad has been on a decline that started on about mid-May and it’s been picking up steam.  He’s been home with my mom (who is in good health, but she is 82) and now it looks like he’s going to need to go to skilled nursing. She’s going to try to move him once we get back from our trip. We’ll only be gone a week, but I’m getting worried, a bit.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Morning, Happy Saturday.  I slept in a little bit this morning but the dog woke me up just before 8am.   That was probably enough sleeping in.   Instead of taking a day of rest to start the week, I decided I need to get to work so I'm doing laundry, planning classes, updating 4-H stuff, doing records, etc.   Trying to be productive.  So many doctors appointments and stuff this coming week that I'll need to do the work when I have the chance. 

• Like 5

Dh has evidently gotten past his older generation/conservative views on things.  Our son has been wearing a red pleather cosplay mini-skirt and dh did nothing more than mention it to me with a chuckle.   

I think ds wearing it had more to do with the need to do laundry than anything else, but was glad to see dh had such a non-reaction over something that really is a non-issue.  

He also took them shopping the other day, let them pick out their own clothes completely and even bought them new stuffed animals even though I know he doesn't understand their liking for them. 

I guess me saying "they have a right to make their own choices as to what they wear/how the wear their hair/what they like" has sunk in more than I thought.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Plans for the day have changed.  While dh was replacing the cabinet lining under the sink, he discovered a leak and had to shut off all the water in the kitchen.  Dh is NOT happy.  

Meanwhile, I found out I am going on a hike with dd12 and her scout patrol and driving a couple additional scouts there.  So it will be a little more than and hour and a half each way to the trailhead and back and an hour and a half hike.  It will be good to go hiking, though.  Especially an easy hike without backpack. 😁

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Dh has had to go to Pittsburgh a couple times.  He says it's a pretty nice city.

The Ents are gone and so is Groot and his dad.  The Oak tree looks so much better now that it has been pruned.  

We have a Japanese maple on the corner of the house that will now get plenty of sunshine.  It's a nice tree. 

The doctor decided that dd18 had sun poisoning and so she is taking prednisone.  Jean, are you the one who gets loopy on prednisone?  Anyways, she has been instructed to wear her big floppy hat at all times and have fun for the rest of her trip.

Yes, prednisone are my loopy pills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1