Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Yes, prednisone are my loopy pills.

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Prednisone makes me mean. 😞

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

It makes me want to take over the world, which presents as mean part of the time but not all the time, lol. 

It makes me feel really good.

• Like 3

I got stung by a wasp today. Twice. Once on my right index knuckle and then on my left thumb.  Bam bam.  Same wasp.  I screamed and danced around like a mad woman trying to get my gardening gloves off and ran in the house to run my hands under cool water.  Took some Benadryl and used a bite/sting relief wipe.  Then I slept for two hours.  Now I have swollen fingers and my head is in a Benadryl fog.   I was mostly done with the weeding, at least.

Not cool, wasp.  Not cool.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Yes, prednisone are my loopy pills.

7 hours ago, Junie said:

Prednisone makes me mean. 😞

6 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

It makes me want to take over the world, which presents as mean part of the time but not all the time, lol. 

Well, it apparently does not effect dd18 in the least.  Too bad.  I was hoping for loopy! 😂  

She is SEVERELY sunburned, particularly her forehead and nose.  Blistering.  I have now explained to all children for the billionth time that it is necessary to RE-APPLY sunscreen every couple hours.  

Dh is a nervous wreck and has asked me if we should take her to the ER, but at least he got the sink fixed.

I gotta find new hiking boots or shoes.  I could feel my feet trying to blister today even without a backpack on.  Shoot.  It's so annoying.  Hiking boots are expensive.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

My mother who has never sworn a day in her life used the word “heck”. I am mildly amused that when she lost her inhibitions that that’s what she went for. (I am afraid that I will be much much worse. ). 

Seriously?  I get a booyah for this post?  What the ….

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I don't know what prednisone does to me.  I don't think I've ever been on it.  If I was (I can think of a couple times when it would have made sense), it didn't do anything obvious.  

But I also don't get loopy even from narcotics.  They just make me puke so I don't ever take them.  It's not worth it.  

• Like 4

I slept in a little bit today but I have to run by the science center and do some work before dd's graduation dinner tonight.  It's just us, my mom and dd's boyfriend so nothing big.

I got up and had to make my own scrabbled eggs and didn't realize until they were almost done that we had no salsa.  It was too late to add cheese and have it melt so I had very bland, plain eggs.   Ugh.  

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

My house is a mess.  I was hoping to get some cleaning done yesterday, but other than cleaning the powder room (and dh vacuuming one bedroom) not much got done.  Somehow the day just flew by without us noticing.

I did get my homeschool paperwork done to send to the county, so the day wasn't a complete waste of time.

Zooming to the iglesia in a few minutes.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 6

42 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I’m thinking I need more Benadryl.  Swelling has not gone down.  It actually feels a bit worse.  Darn that wasp.

It took a while for my wasp bite to go down when I got stung. It was swollen and feverish for a while.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

It took a while for my wasp bite to go down when I got stung. It was swollen and feverish for a while.

Yes, my other stings took a while, too.  The problem is this time it is affecting both hands.  And on my right hand has expanded to include not just the index finger, but the back of my hand to the knuckle of my middle finger.  Taking a long time to subside is one thing.  I am watching closely though because spreading is concerning since I have a work trip I leave for tomorrow and don’t have full functionality of my hands at the moment -which I need to type.

If the swelling spreads any more, it will not be a fun trip. I don’t want to end up in Urgent care in Pittsburgh! 

So not freaking out at this point, but the spreading is getting a side-eye reaction from me this morning.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Morning. I didn't ketchup because mustard. But it sounds like it has been interesting: steroids, narcotics, wasp stings, and Lake Tahoe, oh, my!

We got some rain this weekend. It was much needed, but everything is steaming and hot now. Still, better than dry and hot. 

• Like 6

At least my yard is weeded.  Sitting outside and enjoying the view.  

I found spots yesterday where my cranberry hibiscus and my camellia had been seeded.  I like where the new camellia is coming up, so I left that one. The hibiscus I transplanted.  Fingers crossed it likes its new location.

• Like 4

Good morning!

It's still morning here, at least.  We went to early service and then tootled around our town's Main Street Festival for a little while.  It's usually in May but I'm so glad they just postponed it this year.  Tell ya what - there are a whole lotta creative people in this world.  Dd18 bought 3 or 4 books from local authors who had booths set up.  I bought a pen made from a real circuit board for ds26, and dd14 bought a wooden spoon and a red venus fly trap.  I wish I'd gotten an aloe plant.  Oh well.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

I went to the science center and both my canopies had collapsed.  One (new but really cheap) the plastic joiners had actually snapped.  The other (have had for a couple years but better built) had one bar break off.  I was able to fix that, at least to the point it will make it to the end of summer, with duct tape.   It will be harder to fold up so I'll have to decide if its worth keeping when it's time to take it down.   Evidently it was windier than I thought it was going to be and I should have taken them down fully.  Oops. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I finally finished Lonesome Dove.  Why it won the Pulizter is a complete mystery to me.  The writing is boring and awkward and the characters are dimwitted (for the most part.)  He throws in strange lines that have no connection to anything else in the story, like making a comment that one minor character had been feeling out of sorts for several weeks and no one knew why.  And that's it.  Maybe he was being paid by the word.  I only found a couple of the characters mildly interesting and those were either killed off or neglected for most of the story.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I finally finished Lonesome Dove.  Why it won the Pulizter is a complete mystery to me.  The writing is boring and awkward and the characters are dimwitted (for the most part.)  He throws in strange lines that have no connection to anything else in the story, like making a comment that one minor character had been feeling out of sorts for several weeks and no one knew why.  And that's it.  Maybe he was being paid by the word.  I only found a couple of the characters mildly interesting and those were either killed off or neglected for most of the story.  

So it's okay if I spoof it and call it Loathesome Dove😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I don't know what prednisone does to me.  I don't think I've ever been on it.  If I was (I can think of a couple times when it would have made sense), it didn't do anything obvious.  

But I also don't get loopy even from narcotics.  They just make me puke so I don't ever take them.  It's not worth it.  

I don't think I've ever had prednisone either. I have had narcotics though. They don't make me loopy or nauseous, but do create a serious brain-to-mouth disconnect that is unnerving. I know exactly what I want to say, in my head, but cannot get the words out of my mouth. It is quite frustrating to be that stupid. My doctor prescribed them for my most serious migraines; I'd wind up taking half and trying to sleep the rest of it off because I like some semblance of functioning.

15 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

My house is a mess.  I was hoping to get some cleaning done yesterday, but other than cleaning the powder room (and dh vacuuming one bedroom) not much got done.  Somehow the day just flew by without us noticing.

I did get my homeschool paperwork done to send to the county, so the day wasn't a complete waste of time.

Zooming to the iglesia in a few minutes.

I'm deciding whether or not I am actually going to send in the homeschool notification this year, or continue my rebellious streak and not bother. If I decide to, I'll need to look at the online form and figure out if I should do that or the paper form instead. I have until August 1.

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Wow, what a review. This makes me want to either read it, or start reading it and put it on the long list of books I've started this year but not finished...

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Renai said:

Wow, what a review. This makes me want to either read it, or start reading it and put it on the long list of books I've started this year but not finished...

From what I understand, McMurtry was trying to de-romanticize the "Old West", but seriously, good writers can write a good story AND avoid getting trapped in Wuthering Heights, lol.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

All the peoples are home this week.  Dd18 has work and an eye doctor appointment today.  I am taking dd12 grocery shopping for her Raddish Kids meal (tomorrow) and dd14 to the pet store to get some things for her bladder snails.  

We still have not come up with a solution for keeping Sir Pups-a-lot off the sofa at night.  I guess we could start crating him again at night, but he is much more peaceful being allowed to sleep outside our door.  I guess we could let him sleep on the floor in our room.  Hmmmm.  Right now we are putting large boxes on the furniture every night.  It is ridiculous.

I should Pantz and put away the laundry.  But first...

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I'm trying to rein in the day before it takes off without me.

I'm actually getting quite a bit accomplished this morning.  One huge timesaver is I have scratched Lonesome Dove from my TBR list.  This is earned me hours of time to be used on other books.  Thanks, Susan!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Morning! 

I don't get to scratch Lonesome Dove from my list. I figure I owe it at least a few chapters since it came up in one of my books. Sigh.

Other than that, I have an absolutely wild week ahead with tons of stuff to read, tons of stuff to submit, and homeschool planning.

The turtles are seniors. How the heck did that happen?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!!!

Leaving for Lake Tahoe today. We’ll leave later this morning since we can’t check in to the cabin until 4:00 and it takes about 6 hours to get up there. I still need to pack. Lots to do. Lots to do.

I have never had a desire to read “Lonesome Dove.” But, I’ll be taking a Grisham novel with me, and I am looking forward to starting “Liturgy of the Ordinary” by Tish Harrison Warren.  

My heavy reading as of late has been “Wilmington’s Lie: The Murderous Coup of 1898 and the Rise of White Supremacy”. by David Zucchino. This book has been shockingly eye opening.  As a native Californian, I have had no experience with the racial problems that have so divided our country. My State’s history has been shaped by the Native Americans, Mexicans, and the Gold Rush.  Sure, there’s been plenty of ugliness, but we do not share the same history with the East and/or the South.

• Like 4

Morning.   It's actually almost afternoon but I have 7 more minutes in my time zone so I'm still going with it.

Had another orthopedic appointment this morning.   He told me what the other doctor told me - my nerve test showed no damage or pinching or anything.  So now he's thinking maybe its tendonitis that I just keep aggravating and not allowing it to heal fully.    My one elbow didn't hurt at all today, the other did when I would straighten it.  I got a cortisone shot in the elbow that hurt.  Now it really hurts cause of the shot.  Yuck.   

Eye doctor for the entire family this afternoon.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Dh is also having trouble with his elbow.  His chiropractor does something painful to it every week and he has stretches to do.

The endo office called and my calcium is normal but parathyroid is slightly high, so I have to start taking lots of calcium.  Vitamin D is also low so I have to take more.  I forgot to take any for a couple days last week so my least favorite aunt is now visiting with a vengeance and it's like I'm about to bleed out.  That's TMI, lol.  I'm a mess today. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

In other news, one of my bug bites has developed a small bullseye rash.  It's very small still.  Not quite an inch.  I don't remember if this spot was from a tick or a chigger - there are too many to keep track of.  Imma assume if it's anything, it will be STARI from a lone star tick - not so serious as lymes.  If it's still there tomorrow I'll go see my doctor.

• Sad 3

Are cortisone shots supposed to hurt?  Dh says he's had them and they didn't hurt.  Even the doctor said it would be numb for 5-6 hour then may be sore but it was pretty painful after just a couple hours.

My glasses script didn't change, dh's eyes got worse, dd's eyes got worse, ds got slightly worse but still doesn't need glasses.

Other than that, all our eyes are healthy, even dd's with it's lovely patch of blood in it.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Slache said:

Krissi, what did you do in Tahoe?

I can't believe the turtles are seniors. :mellow: I thought they were 12.

We got here. And had really good pizza. Drove through a brush fire in Sacramento and almost got peed on by a cow on Interstate 80 (got stuck next to a cattle truck in traffic and the cow peed out the side. DS rolled his window up really fast). I have no idea what we are going to do tomorrow. Possibly go to Virginia City on the Nevada side. It’s an old silver mining town.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Are cortisone shots supposed to hurt?  Dh says he's had them and they didn't hurt.  Even the doctor said it would be numb for 5-6 hour then may be sore but it was pretty painful after just a couple hours.

My glasses script didn't change, dh's eyes got worse, dd's eyes got worse, ds got slightly worse but still doesn't need glasses.

Other than that, all our eyes are healthy, even dd's with it's lovely patch of blood in it.  

When I got a cortisone shot I kicked my doctor across the room. He was not amused . So mine hurt- a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1