Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning.  Happy Saturday.

Dd is mostly moved into her apartment.  She spent the night there last night.  We still need to move a couch and a chair I think, but she's on vacation for the next week with her dad so things are on pause. 

Dh is at his moms, had a rough trip down there in traffic yesterday but is doing fine.  NOT taking it easy with his leg as much as he should IMO but he's a man.

I woke up feeling all congested and icky but I think it's air quality issues and I'm fine once I wake up and have my tea.   I have to work at the science center today organizing for camps next week, do some paperwork, pay some bills.  Next week's camp is Harry Potter.  It's a fun one that I've done a bunch of times so isn't very complicated.   

• Like 5

I need to decide what we should do.

The new space is great (except the second floor thing) and a great price.   We definitely need more space but with all the stuff we'll be doing at home, is now the right time to move?   This also offers an option to buy. 

Our current space combined with the storage space (which landlord still hasn't responded about) could get us through another year but we are using a moving wall to divide one room and things will be tight.  But it's cheaper, doesn't involve moving.

• Like 7

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!!!

Tons of laundry to do. Trip to the AFSA!!!😩😩😩 Baby is leaving for camp tomorrow, so I need to get her ready for that.

My dad is in the hospital. His health has been declining and he just keeps falling. Finally, yesterday, my mom just couldn’t get him up, so she called the ambulance. I’m pretty sure he is dehydrated, but they also gave him some antibiotics. He cannot get into the skilled nursing facility until Monday, so hopefully he will be able to stay until then.  I managed to get in to see him, too, even though the “rule” is one visitor, thanks to nurses who look the other way.I sat and visited with my mom for a couple hours. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I got 6,000 steps yesterday for the first time since I was diagnosed. In the beginning I couldn't get over 300. And I don't feel dead. This is a big step for me. I want to hit 10,000 at least once before Christmas.

Still fat though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Slache said:

I got 6,000 steps yesterday for the first time since I was diagnosed. In the beginning I couldn't get over 300. And I don't feel dead. This is a big step for me. I want to hit 10,000 at least once before Christmas.

Still fat though.

You can do it!

1 hour ago, Renai said:

I am one illustration away from completing this book, and yet it eludes me. 😩

You can do it!

It's a You Can Do It Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

Morning.  Gloomy, cloudy and rainy today.  Possible thunderstorms.   Typical for this summer. 

Having my tea and breakfast, then doing some work here at home, then heading over to the science center after lunch to finish getting ready for camp to start tomorrow.  I have a ton of stuff to put away, need to finish making wands, need to make owls, clean up a little bit.  

Dh will be heading home shortly so I may or may not see him before I head over.  If it's close, I may wait and head over after he gets home so I can take my car instead of his.  His has no air conditioning even though he just got it fixed.  It also has an electrical problem where the dashboard randomly turns off.  You can almost never see what gear you are in (but it's not hard to know Drive is the third one) but the speedometer and gas gauge also randomly stop working.   So much fun to drive. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Very hot and humid here, too. All the watering needs to be done early this week, and probably mid-day, and probably in the evening. It's going to be really bad.

In other news, I've ended up with two found kittens who are staying with me until they can conquer all their ills and go to a new home. And they are very, very messy. So my week is booked solid with cleaning and cat care.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!

This afternoon DH is taking Baby to camp. It’s her first time and her first time away from me. She’s a little apprehensive, but her bestie is going and they do keep those kids so busy they really forget about being homesick for the most part.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I am not a very good knitter, but I can get by well enough to knit dishcloths.  So I am doing that while listening to my next reading challenge book - something written by more than one author.  I picked The Talisman by Stephen King and some other guy.

So when you choose a book for the reading challenge, do you look at the category and find a book that fits that category? Or do you read a book and try to figure out which category it fits in?? I’ve been doing the latter more often than not.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I am not a very good knitter, but I can get by well enough to knit dishcloths.  So I am doing that while listening to my next reading challenge book - something written by more than one author.  I picked The Talisman by Stephen King and some other guy.

Peter Straub.  He's a pretty prolific writer in his own right.  More traditionally, less psychologically spooky than King, IMO. 

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

So when you choose a book for the reading challenge, do you look at the category and find a book that fits that category? Or do you read a book and try to figure out which category it fits in?? I’ve been doing the latter more often than not.

I used to do challenges every year.  I would look at the category and find a book that fits.  I wasn't doing it to read more (I read a ton all the time) but trying to get out of my usual comfort zones.

• Like 3

Finished my wands and owls for camp, put some stuff away, cleaned up.  As ready as I'm going to be, except I have to put bags back in all the garbage cans and scrub the table I was sitting at to make wands.  It's covered with paint and glitter.  I wiped it down but the paint didn't all come off. 

I had to make a lot of wands this year.  I have 13 kids in the morning, 14 in the afternoon and only 3 that are all day.

20210725_154948.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Wheres Toto said:

Peter Straub.  He's a pretty prolific writer in his own right.  More traditionally, less psychologically spooky than King, IMO. 

I used to do challenges every year.  I would look at the category and find a book that fits.  I wasn't doing it to read more (I read a ton all the time) but trying to get out of my usual comfort zones.

This is why I started doing these reading challenges - to get out of the usual genres I was reading. All I read was histories of biographies and I just got bogged down. I have been reading more broadly, over the last several years, but I need to be more intentional in my choosing.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩😩

Up early this morning!! Busy day ahead!! I am meeting a new student this morning, middle DD and I both have dentist appointments early afternoon and then I see another new student late this afternoon. Summer vacation is officially over.

Toto, hope you feel better and Wizard Camp goes well. The wands are awesome!!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I do a little of both.

• Like 2