Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I emptied out the China cabinet and moved the cabinet out of the dining room. I am still prepping for a new dining room floor. Now I am tired. (Dh is now struggling to move the China cabinet and is wondering how Xena managed to move it so far!) 

Xena Power!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

Today is just more work on menu and cooking schedule planning, grocery list making, and work on fall lessons.  Now that everyone is home, they can help clean out their lesson cubbies.  Need to do some more work packing dd22's things.  I meet with my health coach this afternoon.  I'll probably stop by AFSA for a few spices and things that I can't get at Aldi.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I was so worn out yesterday, but I'm feeling a bit better today.  I think my iron is low again, so I'm working on getting that boosted back up.

Not much got done here yesterday; maybe we can get something done today. :)

• Like 4

23 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I have never had a desire to read “Lonesome Dove.” But, I’ll be taking a Grisham novel with me, and I am looking forward to starting “Liturgy of the Ordinary” by Tish Harrison Warren.  

My heavy reading as of late has been “Wilmington’s Lie: The Murderous Coup of 1898 and the Rise of White Supremacy”. by David Zucchino. This book has been shockingly eye opening.  As a native Californian, I have had no experience with the racial problems that have so divided our country. My State’s history has been shaped by the Native Americans, Mexicans, and the Gold Rush.  Sure, there’s been plenty of ugliness, but we do not share the same history with the East and/or the South.

I should read a book some time soon... that's not a picture book, or a read aloud...

21 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Dh is also having trouble with his elbow.  His chiropractor does something painful to it every week and he has stretches to do.

The endo office called and my calcium is normal but parathyroid is slightly high, so I have to start taking lots of calcium.  Vitamin D is also low so I have to take more.  I forgot to take any for a couple days last week so my least favorite aunt is now visiting with a vengeance and it's like I'm about to bleed out.  That's TMI, lol.  I'm a mess today. 

Dh has been having an issue with his hand for a year now, and is just now realizing he may need to see someone about it. He can barely make a fist sometimes. He's been doing some stretches, bending his fingers back, or asks us to pull at the wrist and it helps a little bit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D is brewing!!

Everyone is moving slow this morning. Stayed up kind of late last night playing a cut throat game of Bingo and getting down to Taylor Swift. We’re party animals, I know.

Virginia City today, and the kids also want to play in the lake a little bit, too.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

When I got a cortisone shot I kicked my doctor across the room. He was not amused . So mine hurt- a lot. 

Okay, not good that it was that painful for you too but good that evidently the doctor didn't screw something up.  I have a nice big bruise on my elbow too.  It does feel better today, just a little bit stiff.  Which may be from sitting too long without moving it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dd returned to TKD for one day then got sick with the awful respiratory virus.  She was mostly better from that and got her second covid vaccine.  That's not really bothering her too much except she's tired and she does have some lingering cough, clogged throat, etc from one or the other of those two things (probably the virus since I also feel that way).   So, one day back and she hasn't gone back again and doesn't feel up to going today.   Ugh.  

We have hazy red skies today from the smoke from wildfires hitting here.  It's actually kind of eerie looking and I"m sure it's not helping the air quality any. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Today I slept in until 9:30!   I'm just finishing up my tea/breakfast now at almost 11:30am.  Dd bailed on our yoga/workout today because her boss was coming to the store and she had to get some stuff together.   

Today's plan is to sort and put away some laundry and run over to the science center to do some cleaning and checking on things.  I don't think I'll get there tomorrow since dh is having his surgery so we'll be at the hospital in the morning and I'll probably need to be fetching for him the rest of the day.  

• Like 6

Dd18 and I spent some time in her room trying to get things a little organized.  I think I have everything ordered that dd18 will need for school in the fall.  Except a book bag - we might look for something a little more professional looking than the rolling backpack she used for her high school tutorial.  Some of the lesson cubbies are cleared out so I can start putting new things in.  

• Like 5

The apartment we will be moving into got the stove and refrigerator in yesterday. The guy is waiting for an electrician to go in to run the wiring and hook up the stove. I still need to the internet split and address thing, but it's getting closer to us being able to move in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

So far the kitten has:

Got her toe caught under the leg of my chair and torn a toenail out

Bailed off my desk because I dropped a pen and I barely kept her from falling

Knocked over a mirror in the closet on top of herself

Attempted to knock over the orchids on herself (second time for this stunt)

I'm close to shutting her up in her pen for her own protection today. Sigh.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

So far the kitten has:

Also gettin' Things done!  Naughty kitty! 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

So far the kitten has:

She’s a mischievous little thing, isn’t she??

• Like 4

I know that song quite well.  It's actually on my iPod.  To be fair, it's only on there from the movie Guardians of the Galaxy, not from the 70's or anything.

I'm up at 4:15am today.  Dh's surgery got moved earlier since they had an cancellation.  Has to be there at 6am.   <<snore>>

• Like 4

10 hours ago, KrissiK said:

We went to Virginia City today. Old silver mining town. It was good. Interesting. Don’t need to go back. 

Wasn’t there a Brady Bunch episode where they visited a mining town and got locked in the jail?  I trust you didn’t get locked in jail!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I know that song quite well.  It's actually on my iPod.  To be fair, it's only on there from the movie Guardians of the Galaxy, not from the 70's or anything.

I'm up at 4:15am today.  Dh's surgery got moved earlier since they had an cancellation.  Has to be there at 6am.   <<snore>>

Hope everything goes smoothly!

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Wasn’t there a Brady Bunch episode where they visited a mining town and got locked in the jail?  I trust you didn’t get locked in jail!?

You never know with Krissi - she can be a stinker!

• Haha 3

Morning. I am still caffeinating. Haven't decided on what the day will involve today, but probably some planning of that sort needs to happen.

After I deal with the kitten pawing food out of her bowl and throwing it all over the floor!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I vaguely remember that episode. 😂 No, we didn’t get thrown in jail, but we did visit a museum that was very interesting and advertised itself as being “of great interest to adults and children.” It also bragged about being mentioned in Sunset Magazine as some super great museum and a “must see”. Upon closer look, the mention was all the way back in 1958. Although that is still pretty impressive.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Hope the surgery goes well, Toto. Any chance that you may get second sleep?

• Like 4

We're back home from the surgery.     Dh had a problem with his pulse going super low again and had to call the cardiologist as soon as we got home.  It happened last time he had this surgery so he had to get clearance from a cardiologist (no problem) and they did it in a hospital instead of surgical center this time.    But otherwise he's fine.  Not tired, not in a lot of pain, already was hobbling around (it was knee surgery).  

I may try and take a nap because tomorrow I'm getting up early to help dd move.  She was able to get her keys early so we're going to see what we can get done before she has to go to work at noon tomorrow.   Then younger dd has a doctors appointment first thing Friday morning and I'll see if she needs more help moving after that.  Then older dd is going on vacation with her dad leaving Saturday for the whole week.   We have two big vehicles so we should be able to move everything in them.  

• Like 8

My online Spanish prek went camping today, from home. Since most of my stuff is in storage, I made fake flames using dorito and knock-off cheetos wrappers, and wrapped it around two toilet paper tubes. It looked good in the semi-darkness with the phone light shining from the bottom (I usually do it with construction paper). I turn on campfire sounds with insect noises in the background. I have the "closet area" of the hotel set up like a tree with nocturnal animals hiding in it (owl and raccoon), and we counted stars (rough cut from old receipts and taped to our black yoga mat). We then sang "Twinkle Little Star" in Spanish. It was quite calming.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Going River Rafting today down the Truckee River. Not white water by any stretch of the imagination. This stretch of the Truckee is mild and glassy and quite slow. Should be a lot of fun.

Sounds awesome!

18 minutes ago, Renai said:

My online Spanish prek went camping today, from home. Since most of my stuff is in storage, I made fake flames using dorito and knock-off cheetos wrappers, and wrapped it around two toilet paper tubes. It looked good in the semi-darkness with the phone light shining from the bottom (I usually do it with construction paper). I turn on campfire sounds with insect noises in the background. I have the "closet area" of the hotel set up like a tree with nocturnal animals hiding in it (owl and raccoon), and we counted stars (rough cut from old receipts and taped to our black yoga mat). We then sang "Twinkle Little Star" in Spanish. It was quite calming.

Also awesome!

• Like 2

Just now, Renai said:

I need to find a lion...🦁

Murder Kitten!!

(There's one that is stalking the solo rangers at the Philmont Scout Ranch.  His name is Mikey.  Just in case you couldn't find one in your neighborhood.)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm back from the store and bank.  The girls made a lot of progress on cleaning their bedroom. Now trying to decide what to work on until time to bring dd18 to work.  My kitchen is a disaster but I can't do a whole lot in there until the sink faucet is finished getting fixed.

• Like 2