Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning, Happy Sunday.  I slept in a little bit today.   Ds actually woke up before me (NEVER happens).  He wasn't feeling well yesterday.   Lately it seems like he starts getting headaches and feels icky when he doesn't eat enough, and it seems like that line of not eating enough is lower than it used to be.    Maybe a teenage boy thing?  

Today is laundry day.   Set up school day.   Flyers for future class stuff day.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning, Happy Sunday.  I slept in a little bit today.   Ds actually woke up before me (NEVER happens).  He wasn't feeling well yesterday.   Lately it seems like he starts getting headaches and feels icky when he doesn't eat enough, and it seems like that line of not eating enough is lower than it used to be.    Maybe a teenage boy thing?  

Today is laundry day.   Set up school day.   Flyers for future class stuff day.

Maybe time to check out his blood sugar levels?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Maybe time to check out his blood sugar levels?

Could be.   He just had his annual physical but no blood work was ordered.  He was supposed to have it done last year but we had trouble with the lab losing the electronic prescription and by the time we resorted to just getting a hard copy from the doctor to bring with us Covid was going full blast and we didn't want to go sit at the lab place for hours.  

• Like 2

Dh was grooming Sir Pups-a-lot when I got home from 3rd service, and apparently when I am trying to help, pup gets too wiggly.  So I was banished from the kitchen.  Too bad, lol!  Guess I'll have to go read a book.  I'm having a hard time finishing a 4th Challies reading challenge book.  I've started and not finished about 3 books now.

Today's theme comes courtesy of JJM - It's not a question of if I will survive ds16, but  whether or not he will survive me!  Svengo.  I might need more coffee.

• Like 2

So yesterday as we were heading back to the cars at the end of our hike, we ran into a very petite lady who asked if we were training for something and it turns out she solo hiked the entire AT not long ago.  Took 7 months to go from Georgia to Maine.  So cool.  (I don't want to do that, lol.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2021 at 3:56 PM, Susan in TN said:

Painting is good for the soul.  If you could paint and have a ukulele sing-along simultaneously, you would be in Nirvana.

On 2/27/2021 at 3:59 PM, Slache said:

No.

This would be perfect, though. Mary and Susan on ukulele while you and the boys paint. Sounds great to me.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:06 PM, Susan in TN said:

Looks perfect!  I'll bring the ukulele.  Jean will bring the root beer. 

Just say no to root beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today's agility report:

When we get to agility a bit early, we all let our dogs run in a fenced field adjacent to the agility arena.  Juliet had a blast getting rid of her wiggles before class.

She's really starting to get down more of the obstacles.  She now can do the chute (a fabric tunnel that they have to push through) without me peeking through it.  And she's starting to wait at the top of the teeter (totter) for it to gently go down before advancing.  Which is good, because they can catapult themselves if they go down it too fast.  But she did fall off of the high dog walk (a doggy balance beam) - a four foot drop.  But she's a sturdy dog and was fine. 

After agility, some lady I didn't know showed up with her dog and was very sad that everyone was leaving without more running around the field.  So I took pity on her and her dog and let Juliet have a second run in the field.  Juliet liked this new puppy - they play in a very similar style.  Needless to say, Juliet is very tired tonight!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Slache said:

Servant happened, yay!

Jean, try Xena's costume on.

No tornadoes please.

🎉

👍 
No tornados happened.

10 hours ago, Renai said:

This would be perfect, though. Mary and Susan on ukulele while you and the boys paint. Sounds great to me.

Just say no to root beer.

👍👍It's always more fun to ukulele with a friend!

I did not realize you were in the Anti Root Beer Faction!  What would you prefer?

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Happy March!  We have lots of celebrations this month.

Not so much with the sleeping last night, but coffee is helping.  The bunnies got a new hay feeder last night and they haven't destroyed it yet.  It's fabric, but I lined the openings with binder clips to (hopefully) prevent them from chewing on it.  

Registration for a dog obedience class opens tonight at 6:00 and the email said classes are usually full within 2 to 5 minutes, so dh is going to drop off kids at orchestra and bring other kids to Scouts so I can be available to register right at 6.  This is the only program that offers agility in my area, so I am hoping to get in for that eventually.  In the meantime, the girls like to build jumps for the pup in the yard out of sticks and brooms, lol.

Coffee!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Do they have a waiting list for the next session?  

Nope.  It's first come, first served, no waiting lists.  Rats.  

You would think there would be more things like this available in the Big City vicinity.  Well, there is one other place, but it costs $300 for 4 sessions.  Maybe I'll have the girls work on building some agility equipment.

I gotta borrow ds25's car to go pick up kids from youth symphony.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

59 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Unbelievable.  I had the class registration submitted 30 seconds after 6:00 and all classes were sold out.

Wow.  They really should open up more classes.  Do they not understand that they could be making a ton of $$ by having more openings?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Wow.  They really should open up more classes.  Do they not understand that they could be making a ton of $$ by having more openings?

I know, right?  There are some other group classes in the area, but many don't seem to be scheduling anything during the plague, or you have to pay for very pricey private training sessions before you can get into their group class. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!

School and work!!!

I don’t know whether I am sick or it’s just allergies. I have post nasal drip and I just don’t feel great. However, it’s not cycling like a virus, so I’m going to assume it’s just allergies. The trees are all blooming, the weather is mild.... bleh!! I hate spring.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!

School and work!!!

I don’t know whether I am sick or it’s just allergies. I have post nasal drip and I just don’t feel great. However, it’s not cycling like a virus, so I’m going to assume it’s just allergies. The trees are all blooming, the weather is mild.... bleh!! I hate spring.

😂  Time to sing the Four Curmudgeonly Canons. 

Our bradford pear tree is budding, which signals the start of allergy season here.  On the positive side, the daffodils are starting to sprout up!  

I need to go cut back the peonies.  I forgot to do it in the fall.

• Like 2

I cut back the old peony growth and pruned the rose bush and took Pup for a walk.  With a good deal of effort and a yummy treat, I manage to get him "down" a couple times.  But then a crazy thing happened when there were a couple of dogs (and their people) walking toward us.  When he saw that they were coming our way, he immediately went "down" and stayed there shivering with excitement until they reached us.  And then it was puppy playtime explosion, lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I cut back the old peony growth and pruned the rose bush and took Pup for a walk.  With a good deal of effort and a yummy treat, I manage to get him "down" a couple times.  But then a crazy thing happened when there were a couple of dogs (and their people) walking toward us.  When he saw that they were coming our way, he immediately went "down" and stayed there shivering with excitement until they reached us.  And then it was puppy playtime explosion, lol.

Susan, are you trying to get Chester into obedience or agility?  Because at least here, even beginning agility requires that dogs be mostly solid on the basic obedience commands.  For instance, "down" is a required command for one of the obstacles.  But of course it's "down" plus the obstacle so a bit more difficult. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Susan, are you trying to get Chester into obedience or agility?  Because at least here, even beginning agility requires that dogs be mostly solid on the basic obedience commands.  For instance, "down" is a required command for one of the obstacles.  But of course it's "down" plus the obstacle so a bit more difficult. 

Right now we are wanting obedience with the hopes of doing agility eventually.  He is pretty reliable on commands when in the house, but his adhd kicks into overdrive when we are outside, so that's why we're upping our effort.  Also why I am hoping to get him into a group class so he can practice commands when other dogs are around and possibly ignoring him, lol.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Thanks 1

I was going to go on a walk with dh, but I couldn't find any shoes that fit. 😞

The shoes that I've been wearing on my very few trips out don't really fit well (and aren't appropriate for walking around the neighborhood.).

I have such a hard time finding shoes that fit, and now it seems that my feet have changed shape (again).

Shoes are my nemesis, it seems.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Xena's lower body resistance training done

40 minutes of particularly hard muddy weeding done.

I'm tired! 

I bet that other "Xena" has never done 40 whole minutes of hard muddy weeding in her life! Extra chocolate for you!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1