Menu

Ignore this thread!

So I've been applying Luke 16:10 to my life for years.  Ie. "being faithful in the little things".  And while I realize that that is primarily addressing spiritual things, I think that it applies to secular things as well.  So I think that the increase in strength, stamina etc. comes from that - plus the discovery of amino acids.  But I sure wish that it would make a difference in my weight and circumference. . . .

• Like 5

I am drinking my afternoon coffee.  I dribbled a bit on the rug.  

Meeting with surgeon was good.  She covered all the key points I was looking for.  She did an ultrasound and took more blood for labs and next I need to pee in a bucket for 24 hours (do I get bonus points if I go in the woods?) and have a CT scan and then she thinks we can schedule for the end of the month or early April.    

She also said that after the surgery I can eat all the ice cream I want.  🎉

• Like 4

Tuesday - did another 40 minutes of muddy weeding and I got another section done! 

I was doing three sections:  One to the left of the driveway, one to the right of the driveway and then a maintenance section.  I have gotten the left and right hand sections (one of many to do to either side of the driveway) done.  The maintenance section isn't done but I was pushing to get those two bigger sections done and didn't get to it.  Tomorrow I will start a new left hand and right hand section and will continue poking at the maintenance section. 

A gardening booyah!

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chester seems pretty well recovered from his surgery.  He has stopped licking obsessively (and so we've left off his diaper) and is begging me to play indoor tennis ball throwing with him so he can do dramatic dives into the baseboards.

Dh kidney-punched himself last night by accident and is a lot of pain today.  Imma see if I can get him to go to the walk-in clinic tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Good morning!

I slept well last night - 2nd night in a row!  This morning I forgot to bring any training treats along for Chester's morning constitutional, but was able to get him to lie down twice (with no people or dogs in sight); once with a dead leaf and again with a wood chip.  😂 We ran into his puppy friend, Sandy, and they had fun dancing around and getting all tangled up.

Dh said his kidney is feeling better.  Hmmmm.

I'm home all day today.  Dh is taking the Two Middles to go take their drivers permit test.  They've been studying and taking online tests, but I have let them know that the permit test is weirdly difficult and almost no one passes the first time.

Coffee!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

I have come up with a new term to represent my day: Migraine Schooling.

We need to send Helga and Sven over for therapeutic massage and/or spa treatments and they will be happy to supervise school lessons while you are otherwise occupied.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So here's the New Plan.  We fly into Geneva on August 21st (of any year), take a bus to Les Houches (the traditional start of the Tour du Mont Blanc trail), take 12ish days to hike the trail, and then take a bus to Gstaad for the Gstaad Züglete (alpine festival when the cows come home from their summer of grazing in the alps).  Stay in town for a day or two, take a bus back to Geneva and fly home on September 5th.

The entire trip will revolve around the date of the Gstaad Züglete, which changes each year, but it's the earliest festival in the region (early September) and will allow for hiking in good weather with decreased traffic in late August.  

We might consider starting/ending the hike in another place (like Trient?), depending on the availability of public transport to Gstaad.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Also, who speaks French?  We need you. Don't worry about the hiking bit if that's not your thing - you can take public transport instead and just meet us at the next lodging.

Je peux parler un peu de francais.

(I can speak a little bit of French.)

I'm actually working through the duolingo French tree right now and hope to finish it by the end of the year.  I had two years of French (along with four years of Spanish) in high school.  I'm also working on ASL.

I'm hoping to have the ability to hold a decent conversation in all three of those languages by the time dd10 finishes high school (6 or 7 years).

And then, I want to travel. :)

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Je peux parler un peu de francais.

(I can speak a little bit of French.)

I'm actually working through the duolingo French tree right now and hope to finish it by the end of the year.  I had two years of French (along with four years of Spanish) in high school.  I'm also working on ASL.

I'm hoping to have the ability to hold a decent conversation in all three of those language by the time dd10 finishes high school (6 or 7 years).

And then, I want to travel. 🙂

I thought you did!  Excellent! I love it when a plan comes together.

• Like 2

I have been feeling so good that I over did it. 

Volunteered this morning.  I like volunteering.  For some reason doing things with others is fun.  Doing the same things at home is not fun. 

Did 40 minutes weeding again.  Started new sections in the right and left sectors.  Finished a maintenance section.  A neighbor came over to chat for about twenty minutes.  She admired how much I have gotten done. 

Now I am owie and I'm pretty sure that my footsies are swollen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WARNING: Female Medical Content! Avert yer Eyeballs!   

I would like to suggest to the medical community that if they would like females to collect their urine for 24 hours, they should provide a collection container or device that is more Female Friendly than a large plastic jug.    

As you were.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

WARNING: Female Medical Content! Avert yer Eyeballs!   

I would like to suggest to the medical community that if they would like females to collect their urine for 24 hours, they should provide a collection container or device that is more Female Friendly than a large plastic jug.    

As you were.

A bucket?

• Thanks 1

Good morning!

Good luck with the axe murderer contractors!  Electrical issues can be tricky.  And dangerous.  Whoever wired our house was a moron, but we don't think there's anything dangerous so we deal with it.

Busy morning - gotta drop high schoolers off at tutorial, then drop off my jug at a lab, then go to Aldi, then pick up something at Kohl's, then stop by the library.  It's going to be a cloudy but warm day - I can deal with that!

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday Eve

School and Work!!!

The portal finally opened this morning. I tried a lot yesterday. There is no rhyme or reason for entry.

Nothing much to say here. Life just goes on, “obla dee obla dah, mumble mumble mumble life goes on.”

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Migraine Schooling.

Also, I'm working on getting Easter candy, both for here and for the college kids.

My (evil) step-mother used to buy HUGE Easter baskets for me and my sister.  She bought most of the chocolate from a small mom-and-pop candy store that made the candy themselves.  And she would buy pounds of it.  We went to visit every Saturday, and every time we visited we noticed that there was candy missing.  We learned to eat our favorites first. 😉  Those Easter baskets would last for probably 6-8 weeks every year.  

• Like 3

Morning.  Happy Thursday!  

Dd and I thought we'd finally be able to get back to walking this morning but it was cold and foggy so we did yoga again.   It's going to be in the 70's this afternoon.

Three classes, younger dd is coming with me today to help with dissections since one student dropped the class and I didn't want to let a new student in while we were in the middle of dissections.   

• Like 4

Afternoon. First time I've been able to get on this thread in about a week? Been a while.

Writing mostly. We took this week off from school and went to the lake and river on the first two days. Now it's rainy and warm, so we are home for a while. Quite nice to get a break from things. Might need to do it again in a few weeks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Morning Stuff Accomplished!

I bought 2 blueberry and 2 lilac plants at Aldi.  Dd14 can hardly contain her excitement.  We'll see what happens with them.

As I am driving around on errands, I've been looking for steep hills that I can walk up and down for training.  I think I found a likely suspect at a nearby park that I pass every Thursday on the way to and from tutorial.  Imma give it a try this afternoon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I did the hill walk - brought Pup with me.  It took 10 minutes to walk all the way up and  down the hill so I only did it twice.  Next time I'll need to give myself more time.  Not sure if Chester helped me go faster or slowed me down, lol.   I found a little path that goes up farther into the woods, but didn't have the time or energy to go further.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Oops.  Double post.   

We decided to have bangers and mash and Irish oat cake for St. Patrick's Day.  Still working on Pi(e) Day.  

Whose gonna make cupcakes for ITT's Birthday?

Good night!

Adds pie to grocery list...

• Thanks 1

Morning.  It's Friday!!!!  

I can't remember if I posted yesterday.  I think I did at least in the morning.

Just two classes today then home early to do some cleaning.  My house is a disaster.   If asked before, I would have said other than cooking and grocery shopping, which dh does all of it, that I do most of the housework.   I would have been wrong.  I'm finding all those other "little" things he does like take out the garbage and recycling, fill the bird feeder, feed the dog, clean out the sink after the kids do the dishes.    Then there are the things I DO normally do but since I'm tired after teaching all day, then having to deal with cooking and shopping, I'm not doing or doing poorly.  

• Like 2

Dh is going to be gone for at least another week.   Looks like his mom is coming home from the hospital today.   Her options were rehab, her sister comes up or dh.  

Rehab she'd be on a two week lock-down with no visitors allowed and only seeing certain caregivers.  And there IS Covid still in many of the rehab facilities (she's had her first shot but just last week).   Given she REALLY doesn't want to go to rehab, that's not a good option given these other factors.

Her sister lives in Florida.  None of that family are masking at all, none plan to get the vaccine and dh doesn't trust that she would be careful while here.  She's likely to go out visiting unmasked and then coming home to MIL.  

Dh can work from "home" wherever he is.  Already has the okay from his bosses (work and me 😁), is being very careful, had his first shot a few weeks ago (second shot is next Friday), will make sure she eats well, and she's comfortable with him "taking care of" her. 

We are definitely missing him here and will continue to miss him, but I really don't see the other options working out well and I'm not about to tell him he can't take care of his mother.  

Next week he does want to be here to get his second vaccine shot so he told his mom that if he feels she can be okay for a few days at that point, he'll come home for the weekend.  If not, she's going to have to come here with him so someone is still keeping an eye on her.  

• Like 4

In addition to all that cleaning (especially if MIL may be coming up), I have to work on classes.  I have no breaks coming up and I'm coming up on where my plans were more tentative instead of finalized.   

I've been having weird dreams about being in college and trying to figure out where things are and how to do things.  I've arrived late so need to find a dorm room instead of living out of my car (and a tent may have been involved at some point), but then I ran into someone I evidently had gone to college with years ago (no specific person I don't think) who was helping.   It was weird. 

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!🎉🎉🎊

Portal opened after several tries this morning. I snuck in behind Toto!!

School and work today. My mom asked me to play hookie from work for a couple hours and go with her to the nursery. I am happy to oblige. We found a strip of dirt along our driveway that gets full sun and DH set up irrigation last weekend, so I’m going to get some tomato plants and hopefully cucumbers and plant my garden this weekend.

• Like 3