Menu

Ignore this thread!

59 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning.   

Dh took his mom to get her first vaccine yesterday.  Today she is in the hospital.  She does have signs that it is due to a previous, ongoing issue but her symptoms could also be vaccine reaction.  Prayers/good thoughts would be welcomed.

Praying for your MIL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning.   

Dh took his mom to get her first vaccine yesterday.  Today she is in the hospital.  She does have signs that it is due to a previous, ongoing issue but her symptoms could also be vaccine reaction.  Prayers/good thoughts would be welcomed.

Praying for a quick recovery from whatever it is!

• Like 2

We had some success at the consignment sale.  Dd18 found a pair of red and brown cowboy boots for 50 cents and I found a silk dress that was $1.50 and ds16 found a BSA class A shirt for $5 and we ended up with a whole cartload.  All told, we paid about $2.65 per item which is pretty fabulous in my book.

Gotta take pup for a walk and get him some lunch.

• Thanks 2

Dh was listening to the soundtrack of The Shawshank Redemption earlier, and ds16 started quoting the dialog that went along with the music.  He's only seen the movie once.

I don't think we will ever understand that boy's brain.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I managed to get Sir Pups-a-lot to sit and recline twice on our walk, despite being in the general vicinity of 3833 little league games and having forgotten training treats.  The second time I think he was mainly interested in tasting some pebbles he noticed on the ground, but I'll take it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My pack weighs 20 lb, 2 oz without water.  Not bad.  I'm not too sure about my new pack.  It's super lightweight but I am getting a hint of early back pain from it.  Might be nothing.  We'll see tomorrow.  I wish I had gone to REI this week to get insoles for my boots.  Oh well.

It's a Back to Page 3833 Unexpected Booyah!  

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT

a happy lucky posting family

We are ITT

Get up everybody and sing!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Morning.  Happy Sunday.

I"m not really getting things done this weekend.  I feel distracted and unmotivated.   I'm definitely going to finally get all the laundry done and actually put away today. 

I have to go to the science center because I pulled everything out of my supply closet so I could rearrange and I have to put it all back because it's spread out over my tables.  I just have to decide what I think will work this time (I change it periodically).    I have absolutely no choice about getting that done.

I need to set up school for the kids.

I need to finalize plans for a couple classes, but only one that is tomorrow.  

Yell at me if you see me on here again today unless it's to report that I finished at least my closet and school setup. 

ETA: A Sunday TooMuchToDo Day booya.

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Sunday!!!!

Church!!!

This afternoon we are going to see DD’s school play. Yesterday they had two performances and she came home higher than a kite. I guess both performances went well. She is really enjoying it all, which is great. I’m glad I insisted/forced her to do choir this year.

DH got my garden irrigation set up yesterday. There is really no place for a garden at this house, but there is a 2 foot wide strip of dirt along the driveway that gets full sun, so that is where I am going to plant some tomatoes, cucumbers and zinnias for cutting. He’s pretty proud of himself and I am very excited to finally have a bit of a garden.

• Like 4

Checking in just to say my closet is done.   Now tackling the huge pile of clean laundry.  

Ds got an email saying someone was trying to get into his account and he actually clicked on the link and "changed" his password.  😕  I've told him to never give passwords or anything else through links.  Ugh.

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Checking in just to say my closet is done.   Now tackling the huge pile of clean laundry.  

Ds got an email saying someone was trying to get into his account and he actually clicked on the link and "changed" his password.  😕  I've told him to never give passwords or anything else through links.  Ugh.

Yay closet!

That was quite a hike.  6 miles.  I have to do something about my feet blistering, because this is not going to work for me.  I'm sitting on my bed trying to convince myself to walk 6 feet into the bathroom to take a shower.  So much pain, lol.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning.  Happy Sunday.

I"m not really getting things done this weekend.  I feel distracted and unmotivated.   I'm definitely going to finally get all the laundry done and actually put away today. 

I have to go to the science center because I pulled everything out of my supply closet so I could rearrange and I have to put it all back because it's spread out over my tables.  I just have to decide what I think will work this time (I change it periodically).    I have absolutely no choice about getting that done.

I need to set up school for the kids.

I need to finalize plans for a couple classes, but only one that is tomorrow.  

Yell at me if you see me on here again today unless it's to report that I finished at least my closet and school setup. 

ETA: A Sunday TooMuchToDo Day booya.

Quoting myself to say I actually finished everything, except putting my clothes away which I'll do when I go in to bed.  

7 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Turns out the emails ds got were legit.   He changed his password and it should be all good.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

We had a zoom meeting and now I'm going to make myself a root beer float (with diet root beer and sugar free ice cream).

FWIW, my new backpack performed splendidly and did not cause any pain, and the clothes that took a leisurely tour of the mid-west before getting to my house also performed very well.  The "cooling shirt" was super sweaty from the backpack, but was completely dry by the time we finished our snack break.  You wanted to know that, didn't you?!? 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We had a zoom meeting and now I'm going to make myself a root beer float (with diet root beer and sugar free ice cream).

I love root beer floats but artificial sweeteners give me headaches so I have to do full sugar everything. 

• Like 3

So, we are back from Seussical the Musical. You know what?? I didn’t like it. The production was fantastic. The kids worked hard, choreography was great, costumes were great. But.... the story, I couldn’t really follow it, the music was ok. I was a bit disappointed. But I would never tell DD that. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

That was quite a hike.  6 miles.  I have to do something about my foot blistering, because this is not going to work for me.  I'm sitting on my bed trying to convince myself to walk 6 feet into the bathroom to take a shower.  So much pain, lol.

Ohhhh, so THAT'S how you shot past me by 11,000 steps. Cheater.

I'd say crawl, but that's hard on the knees (ask how I know...). How about roll? Can you just roll to the bathroom?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Renai said:

Ohhhh, so THAT'S how you shot past me by 11,000 steps. Cheater.

I'd say crawl, but that's hard on the knees (ask how I know...). How about roll? Can you just roll to the bathroom?

The Scouts MADE me do it!!  

You know, my heels feel perfectly fine, so maybe I'll try heel-walking!  Prolly will have to explain that stunt to an ER doctor.  😂

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Morning, Happy Monday.    Four classes today but last one is virtual, first one is easy (two students doing algebra 2), all our teenagers which are my favorite.

Dh is still down at his mom's since she is still in the hospital.  She has pneumonia and is very out of it/unaware of things.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I am not feeling sore this morning, though the balls of my feet still hurt.  Not as bad.  I think I can I think I can.  I think today is a regular day of lessons and stuff.  Scouts and youth orchestra tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

We have temporarily given up on monthly lab days.  My health is just too unpredictable.  However, we did decide that an intensive week of labs is beneficial, so we will be doing another lab week in the nearish future.

• Like 2

I need to try to find some good high school chemistry labs that do not involve dangerous or harmful substances.

I made a promise to my mother years ago that if we did high school chemistry at home that we would not use anything that could potentially harm "her babies."

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/2000/09/09/as-2-friends-die-third-is-missing/

This story about a distant family member explains the reason for the promise. 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

We have temporarily given up on monthly lab days.  My health is just too unpredictable.  However, we did decide that an intensive week of labs is beneficial, so we will be doing another lab week in the nearish future.

That sounds like a good plan.

10 minutes ago, Junie said:

I need to try to find some good high school chemistry labs that do not involve dangerous or harmful substances.

I made a promise to my mother years ago that if we did high school chemistry at home that we would not use anything that could potentially harm "her babies."

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/2000/09/09/as-2-friends-die-third-is-missing/

This story about a distant family member explains the reason for the promise. 😞

Oh, that's so sad.

• Like 1

Dd16 is cleaning out her room and found $40+ dollars that is mine that I had forgotten about!  Yay! (She was supposed to use the money to buy dinner after weekly youth activities, but those activities were thwarted by COVID.) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Dd16 is cleaning out her room and found $40+ dollars that is mine that I had forgotten about!  Yay! (She was supposed to use the money to buy dinner after weekly youth activities, but those activities were thwarted by COVID.) 

Yay for surprise money!

• Like 1

I got some things done.  Backpack is emptied and stuff put into The Bin.  I also sewed a small daypack out of a misc. stuff sack, a band of black webbing, and an old air mattress bag.  Then story time and history and double checking health requirements for Scout treks and adding things to the backpacking trek list.

Now for Afternoon Coffee and quick walk with pup. 

• Like 1

Hi.  I had no internet access for two days.  Except for a tiny bit through my phone and even that went away yesterday.  But it has been fixed.  It's all slow as molasses but at least I can get online.

Summary:  Did 7 hours round trip to camp board meeting and back.  Had a very nice successful board meeting.  Can you believe that we hadn't met for an entire year due to Covid?!!  Was sad to hear that some of the very at risk kids that we minister to have made some very bad lifestyle choices to continue in the cycle of drugs etc. that we were trying to get them out of.  Of course no one's choices are set in stone and we can always make new ones.  So praying for them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We unpacked all the lower kitchen cabinets and have them roughly set up ready for contractor friends to install them.  But then dh discovered that the electricity in the kitchen was inexplicably out.  He was working on one outlet and literally got shot across the room with such a huge bang/ shock.  I yelled really loud out of fear.  I was so afraid that I would have to try to start his heart again or something.  But I didn't have to.  (Phew!)  (Power was supposed to be off to that part of the house yesterday but the weird wiring meant that it actually wasn't.)

We still don't have power to two outlets and he can't figure out why.  So the cabinet install is put off until he can get the power fixed because the lines go behind where the cabinets go and he needs the room to be able to fix this correctly.  I did hear him talking to his contractor friend though about how to fix the problem and so hopefully he has a plan.  A safe plan. 

Meanwhile today the upper cabinets were delivered but put out of the way for the time being. 

• Sad 3

This weekend's report on Living with Chronic Illness:

I have been really pushing it due to the remodel and deadlines related to the camp meeting.  Friday night I went into a flare.  A Very Bad Thing right before my 7 hour trip on Saturday.  But God was gracious and it was a very short one day flare.  I was still able to manage Saturday but went into an even worse flare Saturday night after getting home.  Sunday was rough but since I was cut off from internet etc. I couldn't even do online church and so ended up getting the rest I needed.  So really bad flare was still short.   I was even able to do the last agility class that I'd paid for with Juliet so she was happy.  All this to say that I used to have flares that would last for six months on end so this is a.maz.ing! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agility report:  I got lost going  to agility!  I had to run an errand before and then was using gps to go from the errand site to the dog training center and stupid gps literally had me driving in circles.  I had to finally just say "I know it's that way" and drove off in that direction before gps recalculated and got me on the right road. 

The last big obstacle that we are working on is the weave poles.  The instructor showed me how to train Juliet to do it off-leash.  She's still a bit shakey on it but we're getting there! 

• Like 3

I am beat. This mothering is just too much for me today. Too many people need things from me. Baby wanted curls, so I got her those foam curlers to sleep in. Took forever to roll up her hair. We’ll see if she can really sleep on therm tonight.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am beat. This mothering is just too much for me today. Too many people need things from me. Baby wanted curls, so I got her those foam curlers to sleep in. Took forever to roll up her hair. We’ll see if she can really sleep on therm tonight.

I remember sleeping with those pink sponge curlers.  Bah.

With dd22 away at college, my 3 younger girls have no one to make their hair cute.  

• Like 3

Good morning!

Toto, I will try to remember to get you some non-diet root beer next time I'm at the store.  Sometimes Aldi carries fancy root beers.

I have done my 30 minute YouTube walking video and a 10 minute core workout for old people. I need to start walking up steep hills for long periods of time wearing a weighted pack. I don't wanna.

Have to meet with the surgeon this morning.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Tuesday.   This is generally my least favorite day but I don't think today will be too bad.  We shall see.  

Dh is still down with his mom.  She's getting a little bit better, not quite as out of it but it looks like still a ways to go.    She may need rehab when she gets out or some other care since she lives alone.  

Did 30 minutes of yoga with dd this morning.   We're hoping to walk on Thursday.  It's supposed to be highs in the 50's today and tomorrow so hopefully Thursday will be warm even first thing in the morning.  We meet at 7:30am so the sun has been up for about an hour/90 minutes at that point these days. 

• Like 3

Finally heard from my dad last night.  Of course just to ask for money.  Told him I had to talk to dh but couldn't right now because he's down with his mom in the hospital.  Could hear my stepmom cursing about it in the background.    I'm really hesitant because I don't completely believe the money will actually go to dad/his needs.   I've gotten calls recently from two of my uncles who heard from dad's stepdaughter from previous marriage, that everyone is having trouble reaching them, not getting calls back, and is worried about dad.  Evidently he went 3 weeks without a shower/bath because they don't have a good setup for it.    A couple of us called to ask for welfare checks but nothing seems to be getting done and I can't really do much or even get many answers without some power of attorney or authorization.  

They say they need the money for medical bills so I may ask for account information and see about paying them directly. 

• Sad 3

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I have been sleeping well lately for which I am really grateful.

Quite a bit of pain this morning.  My weekly arthritis injection seems to be wearing off at about day 5 or 6.  And, the migraines. 😞

It could be worse, though, so I'm trying to have a good attitude.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

So yesterday, even when I was able to get internet, my laptop was still really wonky.  And it's not that old.  But I got this weird diagnostic screen that kept flashing and beeping at me but my cursor wasn't working so I couldn't answer the computer's insistent questions.  So I "control - alt- deleted" it just to get out of diagnostic limbo.  I could then log on but my cursor kept disappearing and when I put on some music it sounded like it was coming from the bottom of a tin can.  I was hoping that somehow the computer fairies would fix it overnight after I turned off the computer but no such luck.  I got the weird diagnostic screen again this morning. 

But wait. .. there's more!  I started to think that this only happened after I had to transport my laptop with me to the camp board meeting and back.  It didn't get dropped or anything but it was stuffed in a bag with papers.  So I wondered if the battery got shaken loose.  So instead of the "control-alt-delete" thing, I took out the battery and put it back in.  And voila!  It immediately booted up normally and when I put on a test piece of music it sounded beautiful.  (Libera, if you're interested.) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4