Menu

Ignore this thread!

58 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have never had a Japanese cucumber. I can’t manage regular cucumbers, so I’ll need KrissiK to send me some. 

They are similar to the English cucumbers you can buy at the store that are 3x the price of regular cucumbers. Japanese cucumbers are long and thin and have a thin skin but they are kind of prickly.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I thought that we talked about this a few weeks ago because so many of us are having trouble getting in here.  Which kind of defeats the purpose of the thread.

@Slache suggested that we should call it "Ignore This, Too" so that it will still be ITT.  I think our anniversary tomorrow would be a perfect day to start it.  

Junie, if you start it, I will come. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Junie said:

I think Slache should start the new thread, since she's been here since the beginning and she is the OBB.

Yes - I think she wants confirmation from the Hive Powers That Be that this is the Thing to do.  I'll text her some more and see.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago,  Susan in TN said: 

No one should ever turn down pie for any reason, except certain death. 
-----------

An Ode to Pie

by KrissiK

Pie.

I love pie.

Cream pie.

Fruit Pie.

Pumpkin pie with real whipped cream.

Boysenberry pie, fresh from the oven with a side of high quality vanilla icecream, right there on the plate, melting just a little so the melted icecream mixes with the berry juices.

Pie.

6/2018

A Pi(e) Day Booya!!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Dd16 and dd14 are working on their own.

Dd13 took a spelling test -- I was able to dictate the words to her.

Dd10 is working on grammar.  She originally chose math.  I told her no.  Bible.  Nope, too many verses to look up.  Grammar?  I told her that I could do that in my sleep.  We are almost done.

• Thanks 3

Good Morning!  It's The Queen's Favorite Day!

I had some Attaboy editing emergencies that took some dealing with this morning.  So laundry has not gotten started.  I have about 2 hours before I need to leave for my CT scan.  Evening activities except for zoom choir are on spring break tonight, so we are going to watch the second half of Hamilton, which most of us have not seen before.

Coffee!

• Like 3

On this fine morning in history, I stand before you all to say thank you. Thank you for being awesome elephant ninja chicks. Thank you for making me laugh at loud, or at least chuckle under my breath often. Thank you for being as close to sisters as one can have in a non-IRL relationship.

You are all beautiful, sweet, smart, and wicked cool, and my life is better for having known you.

I think sometimes today everyone should post their speech. And we need cupcakes. And champagne. (N/A for those who abstain, of course.) And SWB should definitely stop by... Because we are apparently all her besties.

🥰 to all!  (Professormom)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

17 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I miss pecan pie

Perhaps I can make a pie

With Pillsbury crust

Renai 11/2017

Lol. I don't remember that. 😄

Many pies I like

I forgot about Pi day

I made coffee cake

Edited by Renai
just cuz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We are the bestest of friends 

And we’ll keep on ignoring-to the end

We are the bestest

We are the bestest 

No time for meanness 

Cuz we are the bestest on the net. 

(Apologies to Queen)

Jean, ITT Anniversary 2018

----------------------------------

To the ITT!

In three years we have...

birthed babies

moved fathers

finished a graduate degree

buried loved ones

moved

contemplated moving

adopted new furry babies

won.... and lost....

grafted fruit trees

planned, planted and harvested gardens

written a novel and sought for agents

graduated children and sent them to college

started therapies

started new jobs

.... and maybe even educated our children.

Hear!  Hear!  

Lynn, 3/15/2018

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I made dd bring her algebra to the science center so I could help her with it, then I never sat down and helped her with it.  

It's a Monday....after losing an hour.....after over a week with no dh here.  My standards are definitely getting lower.    And they weren't all that high to begin with.

• Like 5

Morning.  Happy Belated Anniversary ITT.    I'm not sure how long I've been on here.  I vaguely remember being a newbie and inching my way in. 

I need to send a message to a mom who keeps coming late to pick up her kid.   15-20 minutes late after the last class of the day for the teacher so she'd like to clean up and go home and can't if she has to supervise a kid.    Trying to think of a nice way to word it.  

I need to get back to my Tai Chi.  I've been forgetting about doing it with all the crazy lately and I think it really makes a difference in my mornings.  

• Like 5

Good morning!

My shoulder decided to have a Major hissy-fit in the middle of the night.  Pinched nerve kind of thing.  It eventually settled down but flared back up during breakfast.  I'm back in bed trying to move as little as possible.  CT scan later today - I will have to have dh take me if my shoulder doesn't settle down.

Otherwise regular day of lessons around here.

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I'm feeling a lot better today.  

I'm hoping to get the winter decorations (snowmen) put away today and put out the few Easter decorations that we have.  Also, I'm trying to figure out the best way to get Easter candy to my college kids.  I think I'm going to put in an order at Target and have one of them get a ride to the store to go pick it up.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I finally finished my Challies Challenge book.  Took me a month to finish one book - started 3 and managed to finish the 3rd (I'm a Stranger Here Myself).  The first 2 were digital books and maybe that was part of it.  I think my next book will be The Wizard's Guide to Defensive Baking, since dd12 has been pestering me to read it for weeks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning.  Happy Belated Anniversary ITT.    I'm not sure how long I've been on here.  I vaguely remember being a newbie and inching my way in. 

I need to send a message to a mom who keeps coming late to pick up her kid.   15-20 minutes late after the last class of the day for the teacher so she'd like to clean up and go home and can't if she has to supervise a kid.    Trying to think of a nice way to word it.  

I need to get back to my Tai Chi.  I've been forgetting about doing it with all the crazy lately and I think it really makes a difference in my mornings.  

Do you follow a video or something for the Tai Chi?  Or do you have it all memorized? 

I called the countertops people this morning about getting a template made.  I hate calling these kinds of places because I get the words mixed up and then they get irritated at me because I'm not savvy in construction lingo.  Of course this morning's mix-up were the words "cabinets" and "countertops" which aren't really construction lingo but work with me here. . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm back.  I only got blocked out of this thread one time today.  So things are looking up. 

My job is crazy still.  But DH has had enough of working in commerical printing, his body was breaking down, and he was being asked to start working rotating weekends.  I told him that if he was okay with it financially he could say no and quit.  So he did.  He is officially retired. Since my job requires travel this is actually a good thing for us.  I told him that this is the end of me being responsible for certain things around the house now, though, since I am working and he is not.  I passed the baton to him on those items.  He's okay with that. 😉 

I did still attempt to edumacate my kid a bit yesterday, though.  DH isn't up for more than telling him to go do his schoolwork.  So still planning on public school for high school at this point. We shall see.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I had half of a flaxseed chocolate chip muffin at breakfast this morning.  Healthy and unhealthy mixed together.  Does that mean that they cancel each other out?  Or do the flaxseeds have enough power to override the chocolate chips?

I'd consider flax to be pretty powerful stuff.  I'll test it out next time I have ice cream - sprinkle a teaspoon on top and see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Do you follow a video or something for the Tai Chi?  Or do you have it all memorized? 

I'm currently sort of doing the Great Courses Plus - Tai Chi for Aging with Strength and Tranquility.  So far I'm still working from the first lecture - Tai Chi in Paradise (it's in Hawaii).   I did it a few times with the video, now I have a cheat sheet with notes on what to do and I do it without the video playing.  I can't stand listening to the chatter once I know what to do.   I play meditation music and do it with my eyes closed now with just a peek at my cheat sheet if I need to.   Once I get bored with what I'm doing now, I'll watch some more and add or change it up. 

• Like 4

40 minutes or so of weeding. 

Got interrupted by contractor guy wanting to chat. 

Got interrupted by nice hipster dad who lives kitty-corner from us wanting to chat. I am apparently getting famous for my weeding. Especially for my inefficient method which is on purpose so that I get maximum steps. He asked if he could weed along there too. Sure!  Knock your socks off!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

🎉🎈🎈🎈Happy Nirthday, Lynn!! 🎈🎈🎈🎉

And many happy returns of the day!

Thank you!  How’s your shoulder feeling?

4 hours ago, ikslo said:

I'm back.  I only got blocked out of this thread one time today.  So things are looking up. 

My job is crazy still.  But DH has had enough of working in commerical printing, his body was breaking down, and he was being asked to start working rotating weekends.  I told him that if he was okay with it financially he could say no and quit.  So he did.  He is officially retired. Since my job requires travel this is actually a good thing for us.  I told him that this is the end of me being responsible for certain things around the house now, though, since I am working and he is not.  I passed the baton to him on those items.  He's okay with that. 😉 

I did still attempt to edumacate my kid a bit yesterday, though.  DH isn't up for more than telling him to go do his schoolwork.  So still planning on public school for high school at this point. We shall see.

Congratulations to Mr Ikslo!!  And to you for passing the baton for various jobs. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

Hi! I got to ITT by pressing unread content. What did I miss?

We ate pie on Sunday.  Lots of it.  Except Renai who went crazy and had coffee cake.  Anniversary was yesterday.  You were supposed to start ITT but now we'll have to wait another year.  Today is Lynn's nirthday!  Mr. ikslo retired and ikslo is bringing in the big bucks and airline miles.  Jean is weeding the Northwest like there's no tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3