Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

Lots to do! 

I helped the girls declutter their rooms this week.  It's a start, but we still have too much stuff.  Also, I am trying to help dd16 sell some stuff on ebay.  She wanted to get a job last year, but, well, that didn't happen.  I'm hoping that she will get vaccinated this summer (or before) and then we will allow her to get a job.  She really needs to start earning $$$$$$ for college.

• Like 2

It's way too early to think about planting around here.   I think it's even still too early to start seeds.  We usually can't go into the ground until around Mother's Day.  

I was hoping to take a walk this afternoon since it's nice out but Dh finally bought a new computer (his is like 10 years old and has some issues) and it's getting delivered, signature required, today.   So unless it comes early enough but after I get home, I have to hang around the house. 

• Like 2

Jean, don't forget a card for your brother!

Hope everything goes smoothly with your MIL, Toto!

Krissi, we have a relatively new neighbor who has planted all kinds of herbs and vegetables and flowers all along his driveway and the road.  We love it!  (Also, we don't have an HOA here to discourage it.)

• Like 2

Good morning!

I should probably clean something.  The floors are in desperate need of mopping.  I could also work on my Bedroom Corners of Doom.

I dreamed last night that dd22 had a boyfriend and when I learned that he was a musician I was like, Really, you had to fall in love with a musician?!?  (Says the musician who married a musician, lol.)

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2021 at 9:09 AM, Junie said:

Je peux parler un peu de francais.

(I can speak a little bit of French.)

I'm actually working through the duolingo French tree right now and hope to finish it by the end of the year.  I had two years of French (along with four years of Spanish) in high school.  I'm also working on ASL.

I'm hoping to have the ability to hold a decent conversation in all three of those languages by the time dd10 finishes high school (6 or 7 years).

And then, I want to travel. 🙂

Learn French through Spanish. If you want to keep using Duolingo, just change your home language to Spanish on the French tree. It will also improve your Spanish faster.

On 3/10/2021 at 9:26 AM, Junie said:

I might also dabble in Portuguese and Italian, since they are so similar to Spanish and French.

Same as above. You can also just google, "aprende [insert language here: francés, italiano, portugués]." It's what I did back in the dino days when I was doing Japanese with my oldest daughter.

On 3/10/2021 at 10:43 AM, Susan in TN said:

Whose turn is it to pester Slache?

I pester Slash daily.

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

In addition to all that cleaning (especially if MIL may be coming up), I have to work on classes.  I have no breaks coming up and I'm coming up on where my plans were more tentative instead of finalized.   

I've been having weird dreams about being in college and trying to figure out where things are and how to do things.  I've arrived late so need to find a dorm room instead of living out of my car (and a tent may have been involved at some point), but then I ran into someone I evidently had gone to college with years ago (no specific person I don't think) who was helping.   It was weird. 

I am finally coming up to a partial break next week. All of my prek classes (5 of 3x weekly, 5 of 1x weekly) are going on spring break. I will still be teaching my semester classes, but that's only 4 classes, 2x weekly. I'm glad for the break, though. Catch my breath, plan for the next round of prek classes, I might even clean something...

I come back to BOOYA!

Edited by Renai
B.O.O.Y.A.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Renai said:

Learn French through Spanish. If you want to keep using Duolingo, just change your home language to Spanish on the French tree. It will also improve your Spanish faster.

I was actually planning to do this after I worked through the French tree and the reverse French tree.  Do you think it would be more beneficial to do it now?  Or maybe work on the English/French and Spanish/French trees at the same time?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Junie said:

I was actually planning to do this after I worked through the French tree and the reverse French tree.  Do you think it would be more beneficial to do it now?  Or maybe work on the English/French and Spanish/French trees at the same time?

Just do Spanish/French. It will help in both languages. You know enough Spanish to figure out what is going on in the lesson, and English will just slow you down. How? By having you trying to translate either Spanish or French to English and back again. Doing it in Spanish will also increase your academic vocabulary as you are learning grammatical terms, etc. You will do fine. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are watching Apollo 13 - on VHS! Lol.  I didn't even know we had a working VHS player!

My surgeon called today.  That's the second time she's called this week to give me updates on testing results and things, and I'm fairly impressed - I guess I never expected her to be calling instead of having a nurse or staff call.

I have been a slug.  Except for making major edits to Attaboy and finishing Howl's Moving Castle.  And making a little personal first aid kit for backpacking.  And doing a bunch of other stupid things.  

Also, I got a playing job!  Actually, it may be that my kids are hired, too, depending on what kind of music the people want.  I need a bit more information before giving a solid commitment. 

• Like 4

I took Chester out, alone, in the dark, in the rain.  He actually went poo in our yard.  Now he's all whiney - maybe he's not feeling well.  

The lights went on in our neighbor's bedroom while I was standing on the front porch.  There was a also small light that was blinking in the room - slow, then faster, then super fast, then super slow, then a seemingly random pattern of slower and faster blinking.  It's not Morse code.  Being out on the front porch at 4am makes these things very interesting to me, lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Now there are flashing colors along with the blinking light.  Looks like there's a party going on in there.  It's not random or blue enough to be a TV.

Pup has now poo'd twice out in the yard - he's definitely not feeling well.  He has refused to poo in our yard for well over 6 months.

• Sad 1

Could the flashing lights be some machine that needs a refill or something?  My humidifier flashes red when it's running out of water but is blue the rest of the time.  We have something else that starts flashing blue, then if ignored starts flashing red and blue but I can't remember what it is, just that it does that.  

Happy Saturday.  I got up and met dd for yoga this morning.  Now I'm finishing up my second cup of tea before getting to work.  Classes and cleaning this weekend.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Dh took pup out earlier and things were coming out both ends so he took him to the vet (our vet is also an animal hospital).  We are hoping there isn't an issue from his surgery last week.

I got my early wake-up practice in for tomorrow's time change.  I hate time changes.  On the other hand, there will be PIE!

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

The portal has finally opened and allowed me entry. I came in this morning courtesy of Susan’s coattails this time.

Saturday!!!! I was having a nice sleep-in until a certain black and white kitty decided that it was time for me to get up.🙄

I went to the nursery yesterday with my mom and got some tomatoes and cucumbers (the last, very raggedy looking 6-pack of Japanese cucumbers they had, but I wanted Japanese cucumbers) and a basil plant. Oh, and a couple of 6-packs of marigolds because I love marigolds in a vegetable garden. They are so cheerful. We are planting in the only sunny spot on our lot, a narrow strip along the driveway.

housework today, too, and I need to do my last assignment for my EL certification, which is a portfolio of all my best assignments for all the classes I have taken over the last year.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

The portal has finally opened and allowed me entry. I came in this morning courtesy of Susan’s coattails this time.

Saturday!!!! I was having a nice sleep-in until a certain black and white kitty decided that it was time for me to get up.🙄

I went to the nursery yesterday with my mom and got some tomatoes and cucumbers (the last, very raggedy looking 6-pack of Japanese cucumbers they had, but I wanted Japanese cucumbers) and a basil plant. Oh, and a couple of 6-packs of marigolds because I love marigolds in a vegetable garden. They are so cheerful. We are planting in the only sunny spot on our lot, a narrow strip along the driveway.

housework today, too, and I need to do my last assignment for my EL certification, which is a portfolio of all my best assignments for all the classes I have taken over the last year.

We've got the raggedy veggies too, and nursed them to prolificness (is that a word?). It's even better when they are marked down because they look so raggedy and no one thinks they'll survive the ride home, but they do. 😄 

• Thanks 3

The vet said pup has some kind of intestinal flu going on, so they injected him with fluids and gave us a medicine for him.  He seems a little tired, but OK.

I took out the puppy gate and food bin from the kitchen and swept and dry mopped and wet mopped the floor.  Boy did it need it!  We've decided to leave the gate off since it really doesn't serve a purpose any more and move the food bin over by pup's dishes.  The kitchen seems so spacious, now!

I finished arranging "Let Me Down Easy" by Band of Youths, which has been half done for a while.  Now I've started on The Wellerman. Currently taking a break while some Pi Day pies are baking for breakfast - dd12 and I had to go to the grocery store to pick up Things.  And managed to buy Pi Day Eve ice cream, as well, lol.

• Like 1

Pies are all done.  The Wellerman is done.  Goat has been banished. Clock is set forward. Pup is hopefully settling in for the night.  

And now, for a sentimental goodnight memory:

Good Night, Dawn.  May the Great Snapping Turtle whisk you away to Dreamland, where Orcas play in pristine lakes of blue.  And cabana boys are on-hand to fulfill your every whim.  (JoJosMom)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

The Portal has Opened. I have been trying to get on all day. Svengo.

Poor DH has been working for hours replacing our %#$&@¥}> garbage disposal. If he were a cussin’ sort of guy the air would have been bright blue by now. And I just got a report from ds that it’s in, but it leaks. DH is quitting for the night.

I planted my garden and did some work on my portfolio. I put snail bait on the cucumbers ,and basil. I hope it’s not too old. Does snail bait go bad?? I just don’t want to wake up to no garden tomorrow morning.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

It's past my bedtime but I'm not tired and I have "Let Me Down Easy" stuck in my head.  If someone will start singing "It's A Small World After All", that should take care of it.

All I can sing for you is, “Don’t... stop.... thinkin’ about tomorrow.... don’t....stop.... it’ll soon be here...”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Renai said:

We've got the raggedy veggies too, and nursed them to prolificness (is that a word?). It's even better when they are marked down because they look so raggedy and no one thinks they'll survive the ride home, but they do. 😄 

Mine weren’t marked down.I paid full price. But I don’t care. Japanese cucumbers are hard to find around here, and I love them much better than the regular ones.

• Like 3

Morning, Happy Sunday.  

I slept in today.  I guess to a later point that usual because of the clocks forward thing.  I almost didn't know about it since it doesn't seem like it's being talked about as much as usual.  Or maybe I'm just in my little bubble with dh not here.

I think I'm going to give the kids a light school week but make them do a bunch of chores.  They really need to do some work on their rooms.  I'll have to give them specific tasks, but they should be able to handle it.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Maybe we can ask The WTM Powers That Be if it's necessary.

And then we might need to wrassle up Mommy2BeautifulGirls.

She hasn't been on in a long time. I think we should be prepared to do it ourselves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Carolina Wren said:

She hasn't been on in a long time. I think we should be prepared to do it ourselves.

32 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Warning: ChangePo! Avert yer eyeballs!

Change gives me anxiety, so I am loathe to start “Ignore This Thread, Too!” But will accept whatever you all decide. Cause I love y’all. ❤️

I thought that we talked about this a few weeks ago because so many of us are having trouble getting in here.  Which kind of defeats the purpose of the thread.

@Slache suggested that we should call it "Ignore This, Too" so that it will still be ITT.  I think our anniversary tomorrow would be a perfect day to start it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!!!

Daylight Savings Time is butt!!! I hate it. Whoever thought it was a good idea to start should be boiled with a stick of holly through his heart.

Church today. Which is probably good. I need to repent of my uncharitable thoughts toward the guy who started daylight savings time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2