Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dishes done, laundry folded, floors swept, schoolwork half done so we're on a snack break playing tangrams while Newbie takes his late morning nap. Contemplating next year's curriculum since Oldest threw a monkey wrench in my plans and read ALL The. Books for reading and keeps jumping ahead and reading extra lessons in history. So much for it lasting 2 school years. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oldest wants one. Of the dog variety. I'm mean because I said no to both due to allergies. I compromised, though. We now have fish. 

We have allergies and asthma. We have a dog and she does not bother anyone. The cat will bother my husband and possibly son. I'm finally buying the stupid Roomba I always claim I'm going to buy, it will be short haired and I will probably bathe it once a month. I'm talking about the cat now, not the Roomba. We used to have two cats and I bathed them monthly and it worked.

43 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I have never heard of this.

https://unboundwellness.com/sweet-potato-chicken-poppers-paleo-aip-whole-30/

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/9456/sauerkraut-salad/

• Like 3

Thanks for the recipe, Slachie! You're very creative in the kitchen! 

Pre-allergies, we used to have a cat (gray tabby) until she passed of old age. Got her as a wild kitten. She was entertaining and a true blessing. She was the best pet ever for Oldest when he was a baby. We were concerned how she would react when we brought him home from the hospital, but she thought she was his mommy and became his best friend. We had a harness for her and used to walk her the same as others walk their dog. She had her routine and scratched specific trees on her rounds. She liked catching live critters and bringing them to us until I screamed my head off once and scared a couple lives out of her. In my defense, she brought me a live mouse (to my bedroom!) first thing in the morning before I was fully awake. She also LOVED watching the big kitties (tigers, lions, ect) on TV. She'd attack the TV like a real tough kitty. 🤣

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I get points for responding to Slache's kitty thread on the Chat board.  Give them to me! 

13,830 points for you!

Jeannie's Bonus Points Bonanza Booyah!  

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

In your hiking boots. 

Dh suggested I look in a box under the chair.  They weren't in that box, but WERE in another box nearby.  I guess it's now time to clean out my boxes.

Dh and I took a short bike ride around the park.  My knees and legs and butt will be sore tomorrow!  My fitbit doesn't count biking steps.  😩

#isaidbutt

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We're having KrissiK's Famous Turkey Tetrazzini for dinner.

We had Turkey Tetrazzini last night.  Tonight I had takeout from a veggie restaurant while everyone else had leftovers or quick microwave stuff.  We went and got our taxes done so needed something quick.  

Dd and I are back to doing yoga now that she's over covid.   We ALMOST had weather good enough to start walking again today.  It was just a little bit too cold to be out that long.  But we can tell it's coming and I'm so happy.   I mean, I'm sure we'll get more snow before it's all done but it was the first sunny, not freezing day we've had in a while. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I made Pad Thai for dinner.  Pretty much everyone thought it was meh.  Some people thought it was too spicy and some thought that it wasn't spicy enough.  Which means if I tweak the recipe, some people will like it more and some people won't like it at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Junie said:

I made Pad Thai for dinner.  Pretty much everyone thought it was meh.  Some people thought it was too spicy and some thought that it wasn't spicy enough.  Which means if I tweak the recipe, some people will like it more and some people won't like it at all.

Tell them to send it to me.  I'll eat it spicy or not spicy!

• Like 2

Happy Friday.  Coffee's half way gone. 

This site is slow to load - I wonder if it has way-laid Krissi again. 

Yay for so many points and trophies. 

Slache, I was confused because I thought the quote made it look like the title of your thread was your name.  And I wondered if you changed it.  Need more coffee.  I forget what you were asking, but I think you had 23 replies, so you either know everything now or else people lined up to smack you (movie reference - Airplane - which you are too young to get).   

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 4

Good morning!

I was able to get Chester to lay/lie/recline on the ground 3 out of 6 attempts on his morning constitutional.  Absolutely would not if there were any people within sight.  One time he even stayed down when I took a step away.  I am trying to convince dh to work with him on this when he takes walks as well.

I might go get my hairs cut today.  Also I need to pack my backpack with things to go on a 5 mile practice hike tomorrow morning.  The 3 youngest are having Scout classes tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Also, about cats.  I think there is no such thing as a decent scratching post.  That's what we are in need of.  Like a two foot tall tree stump or something.  I have yet to buy something that was sturdy enough.  

Have you tried cardboard?

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

The answer to cats is always no.

I know...

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I dreamed last night that dh brought home 9 kittens and 2 guinea pigs.  Svengo.

I had a dream my aunt was supposed to drive me somewhere but she abandoned me and my mom wouldn't come get me. There were horses and flooding and a happy donkey. Also I think maybe Chris Pratt?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I have hardly been able to get on here for a month. I fear the problem might be the length of ITT.

I wonder if someone just needs to start a new thread:  Ignore This Thread, Too.

ETA:  Our upcoming anniversary might be a good day to retire this thread and start another one.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1