Menu

Ignore this thread!

8 hours ago, Slache said:

I asked my husband to take something to the mailbox. I set it in his hand while he stood next to the door with his shoes and coat on and I walked away. He set the mail on the mantle and went out the door. He then proceeded to walk a quarter of a mile to check the mail, realize he had already done that, walked a quarter of a mile back and then yelled at me because he had already checked the mail. I said I know and handed him the letter. He apologized. Then I walked away while he stood next to the door with his shoes and coat on. He set the mail on the mantle and went out the door. He then proceeded to walk a quarter of a mile to check the mail, realize he had already done that, and walked a quarter of a mile back. I was in the next room when I heard him yell "I don't know what I was supposed to do but I don't think I did it." So I walked back, handed him the letter, pushed him out the door, and locked it behind him. Now I don't know where he is.

This is me wrapping Christmas presents if I try to use paper. I gather the gifts, wrapping paper, scissors, tape, labels, pen, right? So obvs that takes eleven trips around the house. Then I will lose the scissors every.thirty.seconds. the entire freakin' time. It is ridiculous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, whitehawk said:

This is me wrapping Christmas presents if I try to use paper. I gather the gifts, wrapping paper, scissors, tape, labels, pen, right? So obvs that takes eleven trips around the house. Then I will lose the scissors every.thirty.seconds. the entire freakin' time. It is ridiculous.

This is me cooking.  Our large freezer and pantry are downstairs from the kitchen, so I go down the stairs to get something, forget what I am doing there, check the laundry, go back upstairs, etc., etc.

• Like 3

Good morning!

My alarm (Fitbit vibrating on my wrist) didn't wake me until the 3rd round of buzzing a half hour later.  People are getting sniffly around here so I am making them load up on elderberry syrup and Cold-eeze.  We just need to get through this weekend - next week's events can be survived with minor illnesses.

For the duration, I'm going to have everyone pick a small area to tidy/clean/organize each day.  And I may have to ban giant stuffies from congregating in the living room because they never want to leave and we have no where to sit.  Or walk.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!!

I ketchupped. I realized that i hadn’t ITTed when I found my iPad right where I had left it yesterday morning after yoga.  Busy day yesterday. Another one today. I have two parent meetings, I meet with the intervention lady at the older kids’ school about DS. DS has a soccer game. I have a ton of stuff to do for work. And now I need to see if the older kids are on another fog delay. This is really getting old.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Slache said:

No. I'm seeping! What's the story?

Are you sure? It was the time I was writing something in one of my composition books. I needed to go get something, so put the pen down, went to get the item, and went back to the sofa. I looked for the pen, but couldn't find it anywhere. I kept looking under the cushions, on the floor, nowhere. Thought I'd maybe taken it with me and returned to where I got my "thing" but the pen wasn't there either. After about 5 minutes of looking everywhere, I finally just got another pen.

I sat down and started writing. Realized I needed something and got up. I needed my right hand to pick up the thing, so transferred the pen to my left hand - where the original pen was still being held...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Renai said:

Are you sure? It was the time I was writing something in one of my composition books. I needed to go get something, so put the pen down, went to get the item, and went back to the sofa. I looked for the pen, but couldn't find it anywhere. I kept looking under the cushions, on the floor, nowhere. Thought I'd maybe taken it with me and returned to where I got my "thing" but the pen wasn't there either. After about 5 minutes of looking everywhere, I finally just got another pen.

I sat down and started writing. Realized I needed something and got up. I needed my right hand to pick up the thing, so transferred the pen to my left hand - where the original pen was still being held...

This is biblical. :)

Matthew 6:3 -- ...let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth.

You just got it backward.  Your right hand didn't know what your left hand was doing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Classes are done for today.   Only one kid was here (out of 8 ) at the start of one class so the mom and I decided we'd cancel class for today.  Then 15 minutes late (just as first mom was getting ready to leave) another kid shows up, and another 5 minutes after that.  We ended up doing class but it was weird.  

Dd loves making concoctions, experimenting with slime, etc.  She had a bunch of slime in the freezer so it froze solid.  Now they are heating it up on a hot plate in a pan because I didn't want them to mess up my microwave.  They've decided to add some water and shaving cream to the cooking slime as well.  

Strange children.  Strange mom for letting them?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oldest had another math quiz today. I made sure he didn't have any questions and I stayed with him in the schoolroom for the first half. I then left the schoolroom to start on lunch and do some basic housework. I made sure to check on him multiple times and though he said he didn't need help, I couldn't figure out what was taking him sooo long. Turns out he got caught up reading a book. Again. DH just laughs when I tell him about this type of stuff and reminds me that any of our friends would be thrilled if their children were caught reading books like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Tom Sawyer, ect. 😂

"I don't want to see anyone reading any more Shakespeare around here until they have finished their music practice!" --my mom, thirty years ago...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Junie said:

We had honey-mustard chicken (previously prepared and frozen), Pasta Roni, canned French-cut green beans, canned peaches with sliced bananas.

I would like to make shrimp and Japanese noodles, but dh doesn't like shrimp or (some) pastas much...

• Like 2

Slache, or any one else who uses audible.  Do I want audible?  How does it work?  Is there a difference between monthly and annual?  If you do monthly do credits have to be used that month or do they carry over?  Does one credit equal one book?  Or does a really long book use more than one credit?  Help!  And I probably won't see your reply tonight because bed.  I'm not ignoring you.  (Well, mostly.....)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Slache, or any one else who uses audible.  Do I want audible?  How does it work?  Is there a difference between monthly and annual?  If you do monthly do credits have to be used that month or do they carry over?  Does one credit equal one book?  Or does a really long book use more than one credit?  Help!  And I probably won't see your reply tonight because bed.  I'm not ignoring you.  (Well, mostly.....)

Audible is ridiculously overpriced and not worth your time. I have an account with them that I don't pay for. I don't get credits, but I will take advantage of the sales. I have never paid more than $2 for a book and have gotten several free. I have not gotten a free book in over a year.

You pay a monthly fee for membership. Membership comes with one credit per month. Most books will be covered by one credit. I think some of the Great Courses are an exception. I don't know if there are any more.

I believe that an annual subscription Cost You Less per month because you have made a commitment. I have not looked in a long time.

Credits last until you end your subscription. That is why people will jump on the hive and ask for book suggestions.

Now, another question could have been what do you think of audible vs playster? You see, with audible you pay anywhere between $5 and $50 for an audiobook. You own the content. With Playster you have access to thousands of streaming audio books, but you don't own any of them. Both are $15 a month. We will be getting Playster soon.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm a big fan of Audible. 

One credit is one book, though there are occasional two for one sales. Also other deals for members only.

Books can be returned/exchanged if you don't like them (i.e. If you paid for the book with a credit and you return it you get your credit back and can use it for another book, if you paid with a credit card the charge goes back onto your card). If you get a monthly membership and say you want to cancel it because of expense they will often offer you a few months at half price if you stay. If you cancel and come back a few free months later you can also often take advantage of whatever special membership promotion is going on. 

All of which amounts to books actually costing less on average than the base per credit price.

I currently have a one-credit-every-other-month membership; I'm not sure that is advertised but they offered it to me last time I went to cancel my subscription. The automatic credits are about fifteen dollars I think but they also regularly offer me the chance to buy three extra credits at $11.95 each.

If you cancel your membership you still keep your account and any audiobooks you have purchased. My whole family listens to audiobooks regularly, I love the fact that even the little kids can get an audiobook when they want one by telling Alexa to play their book.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Paradox5 said:

Hi! Cold there, too?

I did all the things today. I am quite proud of myself. Ok, I did forget 2 books I wanted to sell at The Homeschool Store. Still, I'm rather pleased with my day.

Dinner (since we all seem to be sharing) was Hamburger Helper stroganoff and boxed mac-n-cheese. Most of the kids ate thirds, even The Girl! No one ate the carrots and peas but that is because I forgot about them until just this minute. 😜

45-50. I've never been to the homeschool bookstore. 😭

I just realized I never posted yesterday.   I thought about posting but it looks like it never left my head for the screen (unless I did and just missed it which is possible).   

I'm glad today is Friday.    This has been a weird week.  Lots of people running late for class, lots of absences.  I was kind of expecting that last week (big homeschool event at a great wolf lodge) and next week (week before Christmas) but not this week.  

I had one class that usually has 8 students, that had 1 there at the start time.  The mom and I had just decided to cancel class when another kid shows up about 15 minutes late.  Then another one shows up about 5 minutes after that.  I did run class, since it was an easy to set up activity and I hadn't put the few things needed away yet.  But then at the end, the one kid didn't finish the activity we were doing at the end (a craft activity with beads, I usually avoid crafts as science but it was just to fill in time at the end) and mom comes back in with her telling her she can finish it up now, it's fine.   Well, no it's not because I have another class to set up for.   There was time to finish, this particular child just was talking and swapping beads instead of doing it.  

• Like 3

Today I have two classes, both older kids and some of my favorite classes.   Really great groups of kids.   Done early and the kids may hang around for a little while after class since that seems to happen a lot, then home.  I have to get on the laundry this afternoon.  I still have piles on the dining nook floor that I didn't get to last weekend because of all the running around and the baptism.    We have a new stove and dishwasher coming tomorrow so I need to get it cleared away.  

Looking forward to the weekend but it's going to be busy.   Appliance deliveries tomorrow, then lunch with my dad and his wife for Christmas, and dinner with my mom for her birthday both on Sunday.  

Then next week is the last week of classes before two weeks off.  Two very busy weeks off because I have to enter a years worth of receipts into Quickbooks.  Yes, I should have been working on it all year. Yes, I'm going to try and do it monthly for the new year.  

• Like 3

Dh is having arthroscopic knee surgery Thursday.  My mother is driving him since I have classes.  We're trying to get it in before the new year so we don't have to pay our deductible again.  We only owe $10 and it's done.    But that's the day of the 4-H leaders social.  We were both planning to go but he definitely can't the day he's having surgery.  He thinks I should go but I feel l conflicted about leaving him home to go.  The kids will be here and can fetch stuff for him, but if he needs help getting up, neither of them are really strong enough to help with that.   I still might go if it was closer but it's about 45 minutes away.   I also kind of don't really want to go without him.  I'm not the most social person in the world, especially in groups of people I don't know well.  I mean, some of them I do know quite well and I would definitely have people to sit with and talk to, but my introvert self kind of dreads it.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Slache said:

Audible is ridiculously overpriced and not worth your time. I have an account with them that I don't pay for. I don't get credits, but I will take advantage of the sales. I have never paid more than $2 for a book and have gotten several free. I have not gotten a free book in over a year.

You pay a monthly fee for membership. Membership comes with one credit per month. Most books will be covered by one credit. I think some of the Great Courses are an exception. I don't know if there are any more.

I believe that an annual subscription Cost You Less per month because you have made a commitment. I have not looked in a long time.

Credits last until you end your subscription. That is why people will jump on the hive and ask for book suggestions.

Now, another question could have been what do you think of audible vs playster? You see, with audible you pay anywhere between $5 and $50 for an audiobook. You own the content. With Playster you have access to thousands of streaming audio books, but you don't own any of them. Both are $15 a month. We will be getting Playster soon.

9 hours ago, maize said:

I'm a big fan of Audible. 

One credit is one book, though there are occasional two for one sales. Also other deals for members only.

Books can be returned/exchanged if you don't like them (i.e. If you paid for the book with a credit and you return it you get your credit back and can use it for another book, if you paid with a credit card the charge goes back onto your card). If you get a monthly membership and say you want to cancel it because of expense they will often offer you a few months at half price if you stay. If you cancel and come back a few free months later you can also often take advantage of whatever special membership promotion is going on. 

All of which amounts to books actually costing less on average than the base per credit price.

I currently have a one-credit-every-other-month membership; I'm not sure that is advertised but they offered it to me last time I went to cancel my subscription. The automatic credits are about fifteen dollars I think but they also regularly offer me the chance to buy three extra credits at $11.95 each.

If you cancel your membership you still keep your account and any audiobooks you have purchased. My whole family listens to audiobooks regularly, I love the fact that even the little kids can get an audiobook when they want one by telling Alexa to play their book.

Hmmmmm, to me the attraction of Playster would be unlimited use and not having to "play their game" to get deals and discounts.  Slache, do you know how many devices you can use with playster vs. audible? 

• Like 1