Menu

Ignore this thread!

You guys should all be proud of me.  I actually have a notebook that I used the WHOLE thing.  I don't think I've ever done that before.  It's one I use for my classes - list of students with allergies and if pictures are okay, contact information for parents (it's the one I keep in my purse so I have it at home for weather closings), activities that I do each week, activity ideas, etc.

Of course, I have about 5 empty notebooks that I want to use.  I already have a NASA one started for next years classes.  I think I want to do a commonplace book, but I actually have one with quotes and poetry from when I was a teenager and there's lots of space left.  I think I might just continue in that one.  It might be cool to have the stuff from when I was younger.

I'm also thinking of a smash book with my favorite pictures.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm also thinking of doing a book for the kids school.  Ds is starting high school, dd is starting 7th (which started junior high when I was a kid).  Notes about what they've done, plans going forward, etc.  I just wonder if that's something that would be better done on the computer (where I kind of do already have an outline).

I bought really nice embossed leather cover notebooks with a gift card today so I want to use them for something worthwhile and worth saving.

ETA:  A pretty notebook booya

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Renai said:

I survived my first soccer practice.

You have the booya!  Somehow it shifted since last night.

28 minutes ago, maize said:

Good morning! I need to take ds13 over to the scoutmaster's house so he can help out up neighborhood flags for Flag Day.

Also, ds8 becomes ds9 today.

Happy Birthday to ds now 9.  

• Like 8

So I am planning to continue my old commonplace notebook.  I really like it, it has an Irish blessing on the cover and celtic knots (one of my new ones has Celtic Knots, I love that kind of stuff).

BUT, some of the poetry was self-written and some of it is truly truly awful.  I wrote a lot for a creative writing class I took in high school and they were for specific types of assignments.  

Would it be wrong to tear out those pages?   On the one hand, they are truly truly awful.  On the other hand, I doubt I have copies of them anywhere else.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

So I am planning to continue my old commonplace notebook.  I really like it, it has an Irish blessing on the cover and celtic knots (one of my new ones has Celtic Knots, I love that kind of stuff).

BUT, some of the poetry was self-written and some of it is truly truly awful.  I wrote a lot for a creative writing class I took in high school and they were for specific types of assignments.  

Would it be wrong to tear out those pages?   On the one hand, they are truly truly awful.  On the other hand, I doubt I have copies of them anywhere else.

I threw away my poetry book from when I was a teen and I really regret it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

It will remind you of how much you have grown over the years.

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Friday!!!!

Last day of school!!! Well, officially. They are all going to to math all summer long.

I have to go find some German sausage for Father’s Day lunch. We’re having German sausage sandwiches. I used to get mine from the grocery store. The guy who made it sold it there. But then he died and the grocery store changed hands. Now the guy who makes it sells it from an auto body shop across from the fire station. I asked my mom about it. She couldn’t tell me exactly where, it’s “just across from the fire station, there are a bunch of businesses with really no signage, just go into the north bay and ask for the guy who sells German sausage.”  Yeah, sometimes I feel like I live in a third world country.

I slept so well last night. Of course it was due to the fact that I could BREATHE. Usually I am so congested I can’t breathe, but I did the Afrin thing and slept great. I do that occasionally. I know that Afrin is not good for you, I’ve had that lecture before from health care providers, but dang it, it is the only and I mean only thing that helps. I’ve tried it all.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Take a photo of the ones you don't like so you have a copy just in case you for some reason want one some day, then tear the pages out so you aren't bothered by poetry you don't like in your lovely book.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Friday!!!!

Last day of school!!! Well, officially. They are all going to to math all summer long.

I have to go find some German sausage for Father’s Day lunch. We’re having German sausage sandwiches. I used to get mine from the grocery store. The guy who made it sold it there. But then he died and the grocery store changed hands. Now the guy who makes it sells it from an auto body shop across from the fire station. I asked my mom about it. She couldn’t tell me exactly where, it’s “just across from the fire station, there are a bunch of businesses with really no signage, just go into the north bay and ask for the guy who sells German sausage.”  Yeah, sometimes I feel like I live in a third world country.

I slept so well last night. Of course it was due to the fact that I could BREATHE. Usually I am so congested I can’t breathe, but I did the Afrin thing and slept great. I do that occasionally. I know that Afrin is not good for you, I’ve had that lecture before from health care providers, but dang it, it is the only and I mean only thing that helps. I’ve tried it all.

Good luck with the Quest for German Sausages 😄

• Like 5

Good morning!  Happy Flag Day!

The Army was instituted on this day in 1775.

Happy Last Day of School!

Kids have been deposited at orchestra camp and quick stop has been made at the grocery store.  Flag has been put up.  Now to start labeling stuff.  Ready, set, go!

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I realized that I forgot to ask one question on my list yesterday when I was talking to the camp ground people.  Called.  It was forwarded to Voice Mail - which is . . . wait for it. . .  Full.  I just sent a text to that number, hoping that it goes to a phone that actually receives texts.  Do any of you know if you get a notification of some kind if you send a text to a landline or some phone that doesn't accept texts? 

You will not.

13 hours ago, Renai said:

I survived my first soccer practice.

But did the children? And the other parents?

43 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Friday!!!!

Here, too. Sort of.

What's the deal with Afrin? I don't want to get sucked into the GooglePit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

You will not.

But did the children? And the other parents?

Here, too. Sort of.

What's the deal with Afrin? I don't want to get sucked into the GooglePit.

It’s a vaso-constrictor, and apparently that’s not good for you on a regular basis. And it can have that “opposite effect.” You do it too much and instead of helping, all the sudden it does the opposite and you’re in big trouble. 

• Like 3

I looked for the German Sausage Place, was too embarrassed to ask, left, came home, texted my mom and will try again when I go out to go to the Afsa. This is one of the major differences between my mom and me. She doesn’t care. She asks, she’ll try new things. Not me, I am a wimp.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Oh my stars. What an experience. So, on my way home from the Afsa I try again for the German sausage. I pull upon front of this.... auto repair shop. ItKs a big shop, the asphalt parking lot is full of cracks and potholes and cars strewn all over it with their hoods up. I’m looking at it like,,,,, oh my word, I call my mom again. She said, “yep, that’s it.” So, I get out and walk in. I see a nice looking kid working on a carburetor and I ask him is they have any of Dave’s German Sausage. He acts like he knows something about what I am asking and goes to check. Thankfully they have some, but only two packages. Dave is dead or retiring or something and his son may or may not keep making the sausage, so, I buy sausage. It comes out to $18.70. I only have a $20. I almost told them to just keep the change as I ran out of there,  but they were able to make change. I thought I was absolutely going to die.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Made progress in the hallway, hopefully I can finish tomorrow. 

I now have a headache and am lying down in the girls' room; I smell dinner cooking in the kitchen--I've considered investigating but think I will trust the kids with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm done with my first full year running the science center!  I already have a bunch of registrations for next year, plus the school assemblies, plus tutoring.  Looks like this thing may actually work out.

I am kind of excited to have next week off.  I can certainly use the break.  And I'm only doing at most 2 weeks of camp the following week.  Then vacation the week of July 4th, then a full week of camp with 8-10 kids.   After that it's all up in the air.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Slache!  Did I send you those cycle 1 cds?  Don't answer that.  I hope I did!  I have other cycles (mostly older versions) - let me know if you need them!!!  

I bought it probably 3 years ago. Quackers told me to. I'll look at content before I head that way. Thanks!

• Like 2