Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I forgot to cover my plants last night and it got cold. Not freezing, but in the 40s, for sure. From what I can tell just by looking at them, my plants seem fine, but I wonder how my tomatoes will do. The rest of the week is supposed to be 54 or higher overnight, except Thursday, which will be 48 or so. Should I cover them Thursday night? Would an old bed sheet work?

Just plugging along with school and work. I have a new 2 part project starting this week, and the kids and I are targeting household chores and routine this summer. I've let things slip in the last year, and I want to make a real effort in correcting poor habits (theirs and mine) before Baby comes.

The plants should be fine. Here's info for the tomatoes: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/tomato/growing-temp-for-tomatoes.htm

48 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Dh is my spotter.

Dumbbells are more convenient in my opinion because you can just switch to the size you need without changing weights on a bar. But, I usually use them during recorded workouts when I need to change up quickly. On the other hand, the bar is more flexible because you can mix and match to get the exact weight you want. I guess I'm no help.

• Like 5

Morning. I have no advice on lifting weights. But I think a bench would be nicest. If you are just using hand weights, the kids can come and make you drop them so you can help them look for their shoes. But if they come out in the garage and Mom is benchpressing her body weight with Dad spotting, they'll probably go look for their shoes themselves.

Writing all day today. The boy can't find his shoes. Wish me luck.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I ended up having a pretty good day yesterday.  I got bloodwork done so that I can see if I'm anemic.

Dinner ended up pretty good (even though I would have rather played MarioKart).  Steak, paella/yellow rice, peas, fresh cherries.

Ds18 and I watched the NBA playoffs.  It was a really good game.  

And I slept well.  Except I had a nightmare about doughnuts and pie.

We stopped by my favorite farm stand yesterday and got a bag of cherries. The guy said that was the end of them for the season. I brought them home, put them in a bowl and between the kids and me, we finished them off as we did school.

I do not watch professional basketball. Who won?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

I keep telling dh that they always say to find an exercise you love, and that is what I love.  Plus I can use it at the end of the day after classes without having to go anywhere or do anything except maybe change out of my jeans.  

This is true. I generally hate exercising.  But I have found that I do enjoy yoga and it is something I don’t have to force myself to do.  I think that the saying about curriculum, “The best curriculum is the curriculum that gets done” holds true for exercise, too.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

We stopped by my favorite farm stand yesterday and got a bag of cherries. The guy said that was the end of them for the season. I brought them home, put them in a bowl and between the kids and me, we finished them off as we did school.

I do not watch professional basketball. Who won?

The Golden State Warriors beat the Toronto Raptors 106-105.

The Raptors played an excellent game.  If they had won last night they would have won the championship (for the first time)!

I began the game rooting for the Warriors and by the end of the game I was disappointed that the Raptors hadn't won.

Ds18 began the game rooting for the Raptors and by the end of the game was glad that we get to watch at least one more game.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KrissiK said:

This is true. I generally hate exercising.  But I have found that I do enjoy yoga and it is something I don’t have to force myself to do.  I think that the saying about curriculum, “The best curriculum is the curriculum that gets done” holds true for exercise, too.

I like my Sunny glider.  I can do it in my room barefoot in my pajamas if necessary.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ikslo said:

It’s hot.  It’s rainy.  I love it here. ❤️

I think the heat is gettting to Ikslo. She’s talking nonsense.

And this Booya/h is Dedicated to our dear friend Ikslo, who seems to be in need of a little R&R at the Island. (walks away muttering, “hot and rainy!! That spells humidity.”)

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I think the heat is gettting to Ikslo. She’s talking nonsense.

And this Booya/h is Dedicated to our dear friend Ikslo, who seems to be in need of a little R&R at the Island. (walks away muttering, “hot and rainy!! That spells humidity.”)

Okay, so I don’t like the little ants I’m finding everywhere today!  Bug guy was here today and now they’re all showing themselves.  Humph. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Okay, so I don’t like the little ants I’m finding everywhere today!  Bug guy was here today and now they’re all showing themselves.  Humph. 

The bugs here have armor. In Oregon you'd tap them and they'd be mush. Here you jump off a trampoline, put your full weight into the landing on a common house fly and they fly away laughing. It's a little embarrassing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Kernel woke up at 3:00 AM This morning begging to go for a walk and sobbed for half an hour because I wouldn't take him. I finally had to turn on Dora for him so I could sleep.

I probably would have gotten more sleep if I had just taken him for a walk...

• Like 6

Good Morning, Happy Hump Day.   

Woke up with a sore back again today.  I almost feel like it was before we got the pad for our mattress.  I wonder if it needs to be flipped around. 

Things are really happening at the science center.  I have a signed contract for the school assemblies in January, looks like at least one week of camp will be completely full, I just got an email for a birthday party (may be too many kids for my space though, I have to consider), and registrations are already coming in for next year and once class is already almost full (and not one of the classes that usual fills).  It's very exciting.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

My Tech Tuesday job was interesting last night.  The boss's daughter is back here from Florida for the summer.   She wanted to run things last night but didn't look at the presentation I sent her enough to know what to do so at the last minute, it was back to me.  No biggie, I've done it before.

We had a meeting to go over next year.  She said she already did the schedule and was working on the powerpoints.   There's another program running in Ky and they are starting in a few more states.  At the beginning of the year, I set up presentations for Ky with the idea that the person knew nothing (because they knew very little) so very step-by-step notes, almost a script but not quite (I hate scripts) just guidelines on things to point out, good questions to ask, etc.  So the kid wanted me to tell her what she would need to do to be able to provide that level of detail and I wasn't sure what to tell her.   I basically did it from experience.  Most of the activities for this year were things I've done multiple times between classes, 4-H, etc. so I basically just went through the presentation presenting it in my head and writing down what came to mind.  I wasn't sure how I would tell her to do that?   So it looks like she is going to do the presentations, send them to me and I will need to tweak and add the notes.  Not sure how that's going to work.  Looks like in August I'm going to get a bunch of presentations to work on.  

I think I"m going to send a message asking for her schedule, and mentioning that I will need time to work on these since I'm teaching summer camps and working on my own classes for next year, not to mention homeschooling so she needs to send them to me as soon as they're ready.    It might help.

• Like 7

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!  Already?  This week is going by fast!

Dd11 did her math yesterday without a fight.  I am trying to teach her some phrases.

Instead of I Can't, It's Too Hard, NO! -- I need help with this problem, I'm stuck, I don't remember what to do next...

• Like 7

Good morning! My children are leaving me. I'm partly sad, and the other part doing the Snoopy dance because it will be quiet. I really love my turtles, but I also love a quiet pond now and again, and they will have a lot of fun biking, zip-lining, and generally having a awesome adventure with grandparents.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Spudater said:

I just spent like three hours saving all my important links from Pinterest so I could delete my account and there was nofield to write my reason in and no contact email to tell them...it’s so frustrating. 

Good for you, Spuds! I knew that I loved you for a reason! :wub: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

My Tech Tuesday job was interesting last night.  The boss's daughter is back here from Florida for the summer.   She wanted to run things last night but didn't look at the presentation I sent her enough to know what to do so at the last minute, it was back to me.  No biggie, I've done it before.

What job is this?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maize said:

I never figured out Pinterest.

I'm not a very visual person.

See, I am very visual. Which is ridiculous because I have visual impairment and I'm color-blind, but I digress... I've gotten to the point where my Pinterest boards are too big to be easily navigated and I like my word docs with links.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Renai said:

What job is this?

I have a part time job as a STEM coordinator for a Tech Tuesday program run by a local company.  The guys 15 year old daughter developed it as a mitvah (sp?).  I do it at their headquarters and it was the first one.  They are expanding into under-served schools in various states (Kentucky, Mississippi, Ohio and Florida so far).  She's "in charge" but I've done all the PPT and notes.

I mainly continue because it's a steady paycheck and helps supplement my classes.  As soon as the science center is really doing well and self-sustaining (which seems like it may be next year!), I'll probably quit.  It's not often enough to make it a good part of the routine and it's in the evening which I don't like.  

• Like 3