Menu

Ignore this thread!

I had a pretty carby dinner. I am trying to be aware of how I feel. We got a gift card for a good Italian restaurant in town, so we ordered pizza. It’s pretty thin crust, and I had two slices and then filled up on salad. No, I filled up on salad first. I think it was a little too many carbs. Even with what I had for breakfast, it’s within my daily allotment (this is a higher carb day), but I think those pizza pieces were too much carbs.😩 but it’s good that I am trying to be very aware. I think this will help. I normally wouldn’t waste carbs on pizza, but this was good pizza. Not Little Caesar’s.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I had a pretty carby dinner. I am trying to be aware of how I feel. We got a gift card for a good Italian restaurant in town, so we ordered pizza. It’s pretty thin crust, and I had two slices and then filled up on salad. No, I filled up on salad first. I think it was a little too many carbs. Even with what I had for breakfast, it’s within my daily allotment (this is a higher carb day), but I think those pizza pieces were too much carbs.😩 but it’s good that I am trying to be very aware. I think this will help. I normally wouldn’t waste carbs on pizza, but this was good pizza. Not Little Caesar’s.

Do the low number for a week strait and see how you feel.

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Or Vienna sausages. Do any of you gals like/eat Vienna sausages?? I have never in my life been served those or bought them myself, or even know anyone who eats them. And yet, they are for sale.

Yes. 🙂 I don't remember if I had them when I was little, and I rarely have them now (they're usually a quick-I'm-on-the-road-here's-a-convenience-store-need-protein-oh-look-vienna-sausage thing), and I did give them to my children when they were little. I'm not proud of it, but there you have it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I finished reading Unbroken today.  What an amazing biography!  I am going to get a copy of the "young adult" edition for my kids to read when they are in high school.  It also makes me want to read the author's previous book, Seabiscuit.

I will check that one out.

• Like 2

Good Morning,

We're heading to a reptile expo today.  I want to get turtles but one of my student's mom's has a turtle they want to get rid of with full set-up that she offered to us and we're going to take.  We decided to still go to the expo and check it out, even though we don't want to buy anything until we see what happens with the donated turtle.  They also have frogs and arachnids, so those are possibilities.

I woke up feeling like I had a huge lump in my throat.  Can't swallow it down, it doesn't hurt, it's just there and I can feel it when I swallow and a little when I'm not.  Tea with honey is helping some.

Dd got a notice for a certified letter from her insurance company.  Can't pick it up until Monday and I'm trying to decide if there's any way that could be anything but bad.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!!

Rain!!!

It is amazing how much better one can sleep when one can actually breathe through one’s nose.🙄

Church this morning, then I think I will run to the Afsa. I didn’t go yesterday because I didn’t want to ruin my day.😂 But The Kids need some Valentines stuff and I need a few groceries.

• Like 5

You can count it for biography, over 400 pages, history, or recommended by a friend!

I have my biography already, “Up From Slavery”, so I think I may use it for an over 400 pages because I always struggle with that category. I am thoroughly enjoying my “Over 100 years old” which is  collection of short stories and articles by Mark Twain.

• Like 3

Morning! Checking in before I disappear into the revision cave. My boy came to me the other day and said he was worried I'd sit in front of the laptop and starve. Which I think is code for he's afraid he'll starve during the season of intense revisions. I will cook today to soothe his fears.

There will be an Italian Cream Cake later this week. I started reading my new novel in group, and good grief! All of us want that cake because the main character had it for his birthday. So I said I'd make one for Tuesday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I finished reading Unbroken today.  What an amazing biography!  I am going to get a copy of the "young adult" edition for my kids to read when they are in high school.  It also makes me want to read the author's previous book, Seabiscuit.

I ordered that just now.🙄 I shouldn’t have. Kon Mari says don’t Buy books unless you are ready to read them and she is right. I’m about 3/4 done with Twain (that’s a pretty short book) and I still have B.T. Washington and I just got a book yesterday I read a good review on from Tim Challies’ blog and I started that last night.😩😩 I think I have a problem.

Edited by KrissiK
$*&*# autocorrect.🤬
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m having almonds and “cutter cheese” (Tilamook cheese, which DD3 named “cutter cheese” when she was little because it’s so good we can slice/cut it and eat it plain) for breakfast. Not to belabor the low-carb conversation, but I am going to try to stay low today and see if I can feel the difference.

• Like 4

I am absolutely loving Up From Slavery. I'm about 1/4 of the way through. Boy did that man have a screwed up idea about white people. "Yeah we slept on a wooden floor, didn't always have food and were raped and bread like dogs, but they didn't beat us so they were good people."

Sunday school was cancelled but church is back on.

Yesterday was lunch with the home church people, today is church with the foster family.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I need a snowsuit to wear in the house.  I am soooooo cold!  My body wants to eat some bread or something but stupid diabetes.  The bread is related to the cold in the sense that my body wants carbs when it is cold. 

Can you lie to yourself with fake bread? I tend to fall for lies like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I woke up feeling like I had a huge lump in my throat.  Can't swallow it down, it doesn't hurt, it's just there and I can feel it when I swallow and a little when I'm not.  Tea with honey is helping some.

I had that yesterday--very unpleasant. Mine is gone this morning; I hope yours vanishes quickly as well.

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I guess I should go wash the goat and get ready for church.

Krissi and her fancy Church for Freshly Washed Goats. 🚿

J/k, I showered before church, too. 😁  I visited a congregation today I'd never been to before. Lovely people, terrible parking situation. I liked the service (and the sermon was an interesting take on the text), but DS would not have IMO. I'll visit again. I did find myself smiling through one of their hymns, which had lyrics that would have been well liked in my current denomination.

I suppose it's irrational for us to become a 3- or perhaps 4-church family, there being only three of us? *sigh*

DH is happy enough with his church; DS likes the church I'm a member of, and I think it's the best fit for his needs; I'm considering two different ones, one in my current denomination and one very much not... but OTOH I might stay where I am and just drop out of leadership to avoid the structural issues.

Would any of these be the church within walking distance of Chez Whitehawk? Of course not. (Also a very friendly congregation, but we don't find their teaching compelling.) :willynilly:

It's a Freshly Washed Booyah! 🐮🚿
(That is a goat, isn't it?)

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

So many fancy showered goats today!

It's not super cold outside but it's so damp and humid that I am having a hard time getting warm. I used my coat as a lap blanket through most of the services. Gonna put on my smartwool hiking socks and have some hot coffee.

I've read Up From Slavery twice so I'm not sure I should count it for my Challies Challenge.  I'm currently reading chapters 4-6 of Aging Matters for the discussion group on Saturday morning, and then I'll start on The Mill on the Floss - that'll be my "over 400 page" book, even though in some editions it's over 500 pages and in others it's less than 400.

• Like 2

Lump in my throat is better.  Not sure if it was the Benedryl, the root beer or just being up and around that helped but it's better.  

Reptile expo was a bit of a bust.  It was super super super crowded, very warm (yet cold outside so we all had coats on), kind of dimly lit, you could barely move, dd's anxiety kicked into high gear.  We didn't stay long which sucks because it was an hour drive and $30 for us all to get in plus $15 to park.   I could have stayed longer but everyone else was ready to go after about an hour.  Most of the vendors had the same things, lots of ball pythons, lots of corn snakes, lots of geckos and chameleons.  Not too many turtles or frogs, except poison dart frogs. 

Now we are all wiped out because evidently we are worse introverts than I thought.  

• Like 3

Root beer for the cure!  🏆

I need to get ds23 to get me the 1098-T that he has and then I can finish up our taxes.  We're having IP potatoes for early dinner, then heading out for small group with snacks.

We are trying to figure out how to get everyone where they need to be tomorrow night with only 2 vehicles.  I'm gonna need to make a map.  Maybe make a Venn diagram.  😂

• Like 4

Root beer for the cure!  🏆

I need to get ds23 to get me the 1098-T that he has and then I can finish up our taxes.  We're having IP potatoes for early dinner, then heading out for small group with snacks.

We are trying to figure out how to get everyone where they need to be tomorrow night with only 2 vehicles.  I'm gonna need to make a map.  Maybe make a Venn diagram.  😂

Silly rabbit!! You know you need to use a proportion. You can solve any problem using proportions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Better do a spreadsheet, too, just in case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 days.18 until we get there. Angi made me check. It was hard.

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

Better do a spreadsheet, too, just in case.

Always do a spreadsheet!

7 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

It’s cold here. We don’t get snow on the Valley floor but generally speaking the snow line is about 5,000 foot level in the mountains. Today it got down to 790 feet. All the foothills are white. So pretty.

Yay for pretty!

• Like 4