Menu

Ignore this thread!

So.

We have the best pediatrician, possibly in existence, but in the past year she has acquired a new nurse. Alex hates this nurse. She feels like being loud and big and fast is appropriate for a young, frightened child and when he is scared she thinks that being more in his face and touching him more is the right reaction. She does not respond well when I tell her I think she is stressing him out. If we continued to go to this pediatrician I would talk to her about not seeing this nurse anymore because she has two and we could schedule for a different day.

So we're there today and he is perfectly fine until the nurse walks in and he just starts screaming bloody murder and clinging to me. I definitely expect my children to behave but this was a fear problem not a behavior problem. After she leaves he starts to wander the room but is still very scared. He kept climbing under the examination table and discovered some of the supports underneath. Because he felt safe under there and I could see him I let him stay under there. When the pediatrician walked in, looked under the table and saw my child hanging upside down she waved and said hi and he giggled, and I realized I have started to accept things as normal that I never would have accepted as normal before.

• Like 1

Good morning!  I'm finally able to log in and post, yay me!  I'm not ok today, a friend of my DH's killed himself yesterday, we all loved him so much.  He left behind a wife, kids and grandkids, I'm so sad for them and us, I haven't told my kids yet because they are going to be heartbroken.  I don't even know what to say.  We will just do our morning routine today and probably a store run.

• Sad 4

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!

I couldn’t log in all day Yesterday!! 😩😩😩

I slept longer than I was supposed to. I woke up on time, but then fell back asleep and had bizarro-world dreams and woke up a half hour later. Now I’m all groggy.

Nothing on the Calendar today. Good. We need to do some serious schooling.

• Like 4

On 2/7/2019 at 7:10 AM, myblessings4 said:

I have a sneezy cat, since night before last.  Last night I gave her half a benadryl, she got mad and pooped on the bathroom rug after, then slept well last night.  She ate this morning and is sleeping again.  She's my wheezy (well, at least whistley nosed)/diarrhea one if I don't feed her Iams.  I haven't changed her food, so hopefully this will be over soon.

We have a wheezy cat. She can never hide because I can always hear her breathing.😂🐱

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Slache said:

It has what feels like "sleep" or "sand" in it but it's attached.

My eye has been itching ever since I read this, lol.  Hope yours is feeling better!

35 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning!  I'm finally able to log in and post, yay me!  I'm not ok today, a friend of my DH's killed himself yesterday, we all loved him so much.  He left behind a wife, kids and grandkids, I'm so sad for them and us, I haven't told my kids yet because they are going to be heartbroken.  I don't even know what to say.  We will just do our morning routine today and probably a store run.

(((M25A and family and friends)))  Oh, I'm so sorry.  That is so, so hard.  

22 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!

I couldn’t log in all day Yesterday!! 😩😩😩

I slept longer than I was supposed to. I woke up on time, but then fell back asleep and had bizarro-world dreams and woke up a half hour later. Now I’m all groggy.

Nothing on the Calendar today. Good. We need to do some serious schooling.

Me too.  I couldn't fall asleep last night.  And then slept later than normal this morning.  Then other people needed in the shower first.  Then my Mom stopped by.  Finally I have had a hot shower and have wool socks and my warmest sweater on.  Oh, and my undereye cover up.  I should be ready for anything now.  😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Well, dd16 passed her driver's permit test.  And then dh let her drive the last little bit home and she managed to run over two traffic signs at the entrance to our neighborhood.  Oh joy.

I’m sorry!! I shouldn’t have laughed at this. Poor DD!! I wasn’t (and still am not) a great driver. I actually really hate driving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Are you stocked up on water and toilet paper?  Might be time to try that pine tree snowshoe-making craft.

People are making runs on stores for things like that.  I don't get it.  We just had snow to the same amount of accumulation predicted and everyone did fine.  (Even the college student that I reported had fallen on ice and died - apparently actually didn't - she had a brain aneurysm.)  There is still snow and ice on some roads and adding new snow on top means that we will need to be really careful.  But this is like hysteria and I don't think it helps.  Keep calm and carry on! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Slache said:

How do you pronounce HEB? Is it a one syllable word, or a three syllable letter spelly outy word?

TEXAS BOOYA!

Other things:

Bexar County = “Bear”

Blanco Rd in SA = “Blank-o” —that hurt my soul, btw, to say...

If they ask you if your kid wants Buddy Bucks when you check out of HEB, they are little paper tickets to run a machine where you can get points to collect for prizes. Occasionally my kids would get an instant win for a straw or something. Usually it’s easiest to just skip the buddy bucks.

1 hour ago, mama25angels said:

That’s heartbreaking. Prayers for y’all.

Alex called me the best mama eber.

27 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Other things:

Bexar County = “Bear”

If they ask you if your kid wants Buddy Bucks when you check out of HEB, they are little paper tickets to run a machine where you can get points to collect for prizes. Occasionally my kids would get an instant win for a straw or something. Usually it’s easiest to just skip the buddy bucks.

Like blank? Like there's nothing there-oh?  That doesn't work for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Slache said:

Like blank? Like there's nothing there-oh?  That doesn't work for me.

Exactly like that. It's one of the inexplicable things.  Like, ALL of my neighbors were native Spanish speakers (and a good chunk of SA is) and they all say Blank-O instead of blanco.  

Also Nack-a-Doe-chess road for Nacogdoches Rd. 

New Braunfels = New Brawn-fulls

Palestine, TX = Pal-ess-steen

Gruene, Tx = Green

Pflugerville, TX = Floo-ger-vil

Boerne, TX = Bur-nee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Other things:

Bexar County = “Bear”

Yup, that's the way it is. 🙂

Oh and in Austin, we say Guadaloop when referring to the street, and Guadalupe when referring to the river. It's May-nor (Manor). And El-jin, not El-gin.

Oh, and it's H.E.B., not "heeb." Newbies sometime say "heeb" and we laugh them out of the room. 🙂

• Like 2