Menu

Ignore this thread!

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

MIL has passed away to be with the Lord. 

(I’m not Orthodox but) May her memory be eternal.

I am glad that her earthly cares are over, but I am praying for all of you left behind. Take care of yourself, Jean, as you navigate through all of the family dealings. Much love to you and yours...

• Like 4

Home again

Home again

Jiggety jig.

We are back!  The hobble from the van to the front porch carrying my backpack was very hobbly.

Next, I get to help dd9 get the horrible rat's nest out of her hair.  :ohmy:

Dh is going to pick up Chinese for dinner.  ❤️

Ketchup later!

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Home again

Home again

Jiggety jig.

We are back!  The hobble from the van to the front porch carrying my backpack was very hobbly.

Next, I get to help dd9 get the horrible rat's nest out of her hair.  :ohmy:

Dh is going to pick up Chinese for dinner.  ❤️

Ketchup later!

WELCOME HOME! SMOOCHES! HI! ::waves emphatically::

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

This evening, I give you all permission to tell me how absolutely stupid it was to come back in February on only a promise. I deserve it.

(((Bookie)))

It wasn't stupid.  It was giving someone another chance.  And it became a learning experience.

I am so sorry.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

This evening, I give you all permission to tell me how absolutely stupid it was to come back in February on only a promise. I deserve it.

YOU ARE NOT STUPID! You are absolutely not stupid. You are married to the father of your children, loving them all as best you can by God's grace. We are in a fallen world with broken people and there are no simple answers. You don't get to call yourself stupid for giving your husband another chance. YOU ARE MY SISTER IN CHRIST AND MY FRIEND and you do not get to think that about yourself. That is a lie strait from Satan's mouth and nothing more so don't you dare give life to it. It's garbage.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

You're right. It doesn't feel like it tonight. I feel pretty stupid, but you're right. I wanted things to work, I wanted to believe him, I wanted to try. And maybe that was good. I just wish it was working.

(((Bookie))) l totally get it.

57 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

You are not stupid. You hope against hope for your kids. ((((Hugs)))) now you have to be strong for them. I'm sorry. ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slache said:

She's dividing the calories burned between all of us, right?

Yes!  My fitbit didn't even count calories burned from sheer terror, so plenty to go around!

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

And the steps. But, I think, as the one who consistently doesn’t hit target, I should get the most.

If you count Sunday through today, it's over 90,000 steps.  Plenty to go around!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Honey, you don’t deserve any of this...but your husband is not well enough for you or your kids to be safe. I hope that you are continuing to reach out to your IRL support network, including mental health professionals.

• Like 5

I am so grateful for modern bathrooms!  I would have treasured even an outhouse on our trip.  We barely squeeked by with about 6 squares of TP left in our supplies! It is not easy to potty in the presence of bees, spiders, and millipedes.  The kids were absolute troopers, though. Also indoor plumbing - 8 people use a lot of water, and it seemed like someone was constantly having to go up the trail to fill the 10 liter water bag at the spring.

Having now hiked some of the trails and seen some other "routes" of the Barkley Marathons, I have a hard time believing anyone can make it through even one loop and live to tell about it. We saw the "Testicle Spectical" and there's just no way.  :svengo:

On one hike I blew my nose on soft leaves.  They aren't very absorbent. :laugh:

I have learned that some trail ratings are only based on elevation change, not on general safety or treachery.  From now on, I'm going to stick to trails that are described as appropriate for all but the most infirm.

Is it too early to go to bed?  I had trouble sleeping every night, but last night a herd of feral hogs tromped past our campsite around midnight and scared the bejeebers out of me.  Do owls hunt wild pigs?  It really sounded like an owl was following that herd.  The lovely wood thrush woke us up every morning.

I am grateful that the kids all said it was a wonderful trip and a great adventure.  Nighty night!

A Good Night Booyah!

P.S. Slache, Alaska is awesome, but it is Very Far Away.  

• Like 7

Hey all - just popping in to give an update on dad. ?

This is from mom tonight: 
Psalm 105:5 “Remember his marvelous works he hath done...”
Remember: used to emphasize the importance of
Marvelous: causing great wonder
Chuck and I had an opportunity to marvel at the works of our Lord today.
Chuck met Dr. Evans, his surgeon who performed his surgery in February, today. Dr. Evans walked in the room and was speechless for a moment as he saw Chuck. With tears in his eyes, he shook Chuck’s hand and said, “Man, this is a special sight and a miracle.”
As Dr
. Evans began to speak with Chuck, he just sat and shook his head and stated once again, “You are a miracle!” He then took the time to show us Chuck’s CAT scan taken on the day of his emergency surgery. The CAT scan looked beyond hopeless of survival!!! Dr. Evans told Chuck, “Your bags were packed and you were leaving this world- or so I thought. Even making it through the surgery left me with very little hope of survival.”
He and his nurse were astounded at his ability to follow and his involvement with the conversation, the depth and level of his questions, and his sense of humor. They were doubly impressed to learn he did not stay at Timber Ridge and had progressed this well.
Chuck told him, “You would believe it if you stayed around Mrs. Drill Sergeant very long. She works me to the bone every day!” (While pointing at me) His next surgery will be in about a month to replace the flap. We are needing to consult with a plastic surgeon for a portion of his incision which has not completely healed yet.
As we left the clinic we lifted our voices in praise - 1f3b6.png?_nc_eui2=AeGFDVMBAAyfmIDDRR931?How marvelous, how wonderful, is my Saviour’s love for me.1f3b6.png?_nc_eui2=AeGFDVMBAAyfmIDDRR931?

• Like 10

3 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I hope I can be strong enough, and that I'm not making more mistakes sorting this out.

You will be strong enough because you have to be. You will make more mistakes but don't make the mistake of giving up. That's the unforgivable one. Edit: Actually no... you can give up temporarily. But not forever. Rest when you need to. You don't have to keep hoping. Just take care, okay?

• Like 5

totally random and not related to anything y'all have been talking about recently. Or ever:

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

I'm still looking for my tribe. Most of them seem to live on the Internet, and a couple of them live in other states, but I need them to live near me.

That is all.

• Like 10