Menu

Ignore this thread!

35 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I just did a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad chore.  It has needed to be done for some time and I just rolled up my sleeves and did it.  Now I'm a sweaty, shakey, tired mess before I even leave for my shift with MIL.  But hey, it's done. 

Yay for yucky chores done!!

• Like 1

GF Brazilian cheese rolls are very, very good and I need to remember that the fact that they're not gone yet is not a reason to keep eating them. (The recipe makes 24.)

Dinner tonight was all recipes I'd never tried before this spring (cheese rolls, bacon-wrapped pineapple, and then a carrot slaw and a roasted mushroom recipe I hadn't tried until tonight). It was good. But iTired. Good night, ITT.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Ok, set it aside for you. 

Did you know any ASL so you and Koko could chat?

No. She lived next door to my friends and they did.

36 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Who is Koko?

A sign language speaking gorilla. 

15 minutes ago, learning123 said:

You knew Koko? Wow, that's neat! Did he really know a ton of sign that he actually used? Or was it more in trained response to other's signs? I've always wondered how fluid and natural it really was.

How old were you when you hitchhiked? You CRAZY!!!  ?

He? She's a she. I've always said she. Yes, lots of signing and love of music and toys. She was very personable. I have to go make sure she's a she. Not normal, fluid though. Rough and different from ASL.

13?

Gorilla Booya!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Remind me to call the library tomorrow.  One of the books I returned is still showing online as in my possession.  It is not.  I am 100% sure.  They must be told to check their shelves. 

Thanks in advance.

Our librarian wouldn’t check the shelves. She would tell me to come down and check the shelves. Otherwise, it is still not turned in.

• Sad 2

On 5/20/2018 at 4:50 PM, prairiewindmomma said:

I am hiding from my family. I love them, but I just need three minutes to breathe.

Three minutes is like light speed for me.

On 5/21/2018 at 5:54 AM, learning123 said:

When overwhelmed beyond ability- why does one person react like this- so full of the reassurance of God's love- while another becomes an agnostic?

I left the church because of the specific message of sacrifice at one point. I simply wasn't willing to sacrifice my kids. I had seen too much evil where god wasn't there for innocents, and I knew the evil that could befall my own children, truly evil things, too evil to discuss here. So, I decided to take my chances, because relying on god has gotten people baked to death in shipping containers and that wasn't even the worst thing, and frankly I just wasn't cool with it for my own kids. Though I do understand choosing hope. I just didn't have enough to risk my own children.

I have another couple of interviews tomorrow.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tsuga said:

I just didn't have enough to risk my own children.

I understand. I had a fear of the same, but came to realize that love was the issue, not sacrifice. Christianity is not built on sacrifice but love. Sounds easy, doesn't it?:huh:

Speaking of love, Jean, you are in a special place- I'm glad your neighbor was there for you.

Thanks for the Koko show Slache; so, where were you in the movie?

And, Good Morning!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Our librarian wouldn’t check the shelves. She would tell me to come down and check the shelves. Otherwise, it is still not turned in.

I have done that for the big library. On the occasion, I walked right back to the shelf and picked it out. Didn't need a number. Recognized it by the shape and position. This is why I hate whenever the library reorganizes the books. I seldom use numbers, but go to locations and search areas where I know the book to be. Then they go and change stuff on me and I have to reorganize my mind.

ETA: Ikslo call the library and tell them to check shelf.

• Like 1

Coffee Oatmeal= meh. It wasn't gross but it wasn't a bowl of inspiration either. I don't usually add sugar to my oatmeal but I think with coffee it could use some maple syrup and maybe some cream or something to be more like a latte oatmeal.

• Like 3

I had a bad night. I startled at every sound thinking that someone would be notifying us of MIL's death. So now I am overly tired and in a flare. Please pray that I can accept God's timing as I am again hostage to being Ds's taxi driver in the morning and evening with sitting at MIL's side in between.  I can't help either situation and railing against it doesn't help. So I need to patiently accept it and trust God. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I took the puppy outside to do her business this morning and I hear this weird scrabbling noise on the deck but there were no birds or critters anywhere.  Then I discover that this stupid squirrel is hanging upside down under the deck holding on for dear life.  So I took the puppy to the other side of the house to give stupid squirrel time to get down and away.  But does he take this opportunity to do it?  No.  Five minutes later he's still hanging on by his little squirrel fingernails.  I had to "guide" him to safety by walking under the deck towards where I wanted him to go. . Stupid squirrel is now in a tree where hopefully he won't fall off. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I took the puppy outside to do her business this morning and I hear this weird scrabbling noise on the deck but there were no birds or critters anywhere.  Then I discover that this stupid squirrel is hanging upside down under the deck holding on for dear life.  So I took the puppy to the other side of the house to give stupid squirrel time to get down and away.  But does he take this opportunity to do it?  No.  Five minutes later he's still hanging on by his little squirrel fingernails.  I had to "guide" him to safety by walking under the deck towards where I wanted him to go. . Stupid squirrel is now in a tree where hopefully he won't fall off. 

Natural selection, Jeannie!! Natural selection.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Call the library, dear.

Turns out I didn't have to!  They must have rescanned or noticed their mistake - or something - because today my account(s) all show no books checked out.  For the first time in 5 years, LOL.  I may have a donation still to make, however...

• Like 7

4 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning! 

Ikslo, call the library.

I must make a post office run at lunch.  Help me remember.

I love, love, love have every other day off from work.  But I won't get tomorrow off.

Did you make your Post Office run?

• Like 1

Good Afternoon!

I spent the morning in the ER.  Everything's fine.  I'm just having some non-contagious gastro symptoms.

Dh took me in this morning.  As I approached our car in the driveway, a raccoon came scurrying out from underneath it.  I screamed.  :)

Everyone in the ER was super.

They gave me my bloodwork results to take to my gynecologist tomorrow.  My hematocrit is still on the low side -- 10.something.  Which is better than 6 but not yet in normal range.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I had a bad night. I startled at every sound thinking that someone would be notifying us of MIL's death. So now I am overly tired and in a flare. Please pray that I can accept God's timing as I am again hostage to being Ds's taxi driver in the morning and evening with sitting at MIL's side in between.  I can't help either situation and railing against it doesn't help. So I need to patiently accept it and trust God. 

Praying...

• Like 1