Menu

Ignore this thread!

Help me out- I have potting soil that apparently was contaminated with some kind of gnat eggs. I used the soil for my little indoor herb garden containers and we can't get rid of the gnats. It's driving us crazy- I planted them back in Sept or Oct and instead of dying out, I think they keep reproducing in the dirt!

What can I do? We use the herbs so I don't want any chemicals on them. I've already tried a spray bottle of watered down dish soap. The little gnats are stupid and slow and squish easily, but they hide in the leaves and it's hard to get them all.

Organic insecticidal soap

• Like 2

I breakfasted. Toast with peanut butter and a banana sliced on top. Not too many points. Yay!! I dipped my toes into the sea and it’s not bad, but i’m Trying to decide if I want to go back or just leave it be. I just get frustrated when people are so willing to give our rights away.

• Like 5

I just removed about 6 inches of snow from the car. To be clear, I'd cleared the car yesterday as well - this was all from the night/morning. For some reason nothing here is cancelled because of snow (we'll need to go to dentist in a bit). 

and it was really good to be among adult women in person.

And apparently I'm still snow blind, as I read 'prison' instead of 'person'. 

• Like 5

I wish we’d get nothing or at least 6 inches to play in.

You're welcome to have ours. And our feels like -7F (though the other website said feels like 1F, which is probably more accurate - I don't know anymore). And also, our shoveling, clearing off the car, and our dental appointments. 

#generous

• Like 2

I breakfasted. Toast with peanut butter and a banana sliced on top. Not too many points. Yay!! I dipped my toes into the sea and it’s not bad, but i’m Trying to decide if I want to go back or just leave it be. I just get frustrated when people are so willing to give our rights away.

¿Que?

For those inclined, please pray for us. It's rocky around here.

I went to the local homeschool support group meeting last night. The topic was self-care. It was an amazing discussion, and reinforced the need to care for oneself regularly. Self-care is a discipline, but not a burden. It's a gift I give myself. I was also able to connect with some other women I'm friendly with. I haven't seen them in a month because of holiday craziness, and it was really good to be among adult women in person.

Praying.

Good Wednesday Morning!

Yay for power!

Yay for baby!

Boo for upset tummies!   (((Slache)))  Are you feeling better?

Praying for Bookie!   :grouphug:

COFFEE for everyone!  (except Slache - upset tummy)

Yes!

Good Morning!

I woke up at 6:30 and felt well-rested.  This is so strange for me.

For my Bible reading this year I have been using audio CDs.  Reading Scripture didn't happen often last year as concentrating on the small print made my head hurt.  And buying a new Bible with larger print didn't help.  So, I'm trying something new.

While I was listening, I headed over to allrecipes and found a bunch of new recipes that look really good that I will probably never try.   :leaving:

I wish I could do this. I would just play the Bible and sermons all day. I've done it and it just goes in one ear and out the other.

Krissi has warning points?!?!?!

Yes.

Praying, Bookie!

Slache, feel better??

BOOYA!

Yes!

14 degrees

That's hot.

Is that code for coffee?

Vodka.

School is about done. We did a little French, a little Latin and a little math. Good for today.

ETA: That's about all they had patience for. I correctly estimated the length of the fuse today. Go me!

Are you all enjoying French? I've always wanted to learn French.

• Like 3

Working from home again. Boss is cool with it. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

So after lunch I decided to run down to the municipal building where we can book up reserved library books now that the library branch at the college closed when they did. DS asked to come. I said sure.

He then mentions on the way there that it’s so nice to be outside.

I was like, huh?

He said he hasn’t been out of the house in over a week! :svengo:

#momfail

He is now happily playing at the playground in the snow. I am in the car.

#momfail2

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 7

Working from home again. Boss is cool with it. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

So after lunch I decided to run down to the municipal building where we can book up reserved library books now that the library branch at the college closed when they did. DS asked to come. I said sure.

He then mentions on the way there that it’s so nice to be outside.

I was like, huh?

He said he hasn’t been out of the house in over a week! :svengo:

#momfail

He is now happily playing at the playground in the snow. I am in the car.

#momfail2

Well, if he would stop second guessing your move to FL, he could be outside every day!   :laugh:     (j/k)

You're a good Mom.  I would be in the car too.  (Or maybe making a quick trip for drive thru coffee.   :D )

• Like 3

There is a blue check mark on the bottom left hand side when you type in Tapatalk. Click on the blue check mark and it will uncheck it. I only remember to do that some of the time.

Mine no longer has the checkmark option. It used to, but it disappeared with the last update.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Brain fog.  I forgot to eat.  But I'm remedying that. 

I am the queen of brain fog, but somehow eating is not something I ever forget. :glare:

Behind my children. They are ahead of me and I'm trying to catch up today.

I fell behind in 5th grade. So then I outsourced. And now I shall never catch up. Don't really care much, either.

I would love to study French again, though.

• Like 7

I am the queen of brain fog, but somehow eating is not something I ever forget. :glare:

Pain is awesome today.  As in inspiring awe, not because I enjoy it.  Anyway. . . a great deal of brain power is going to just coping.  But routines are great.  Checking my routine is what reminded me to eat.  (I was actually hungry.  And diabetes means that I really need to eat at regular intervals.) 

Pain is awesome today.  As in inspiring awe, not because I enjoy it.  Anyway. . . a great deal of brain power is going to just coping.  But routines are great.  Checking my routine is what reminded me to eat.  (I was actually hungry.  And diabetes means that I really need to eat at regular intervals.) 

I'm sorry, Jean. No, what I experience is not at all what you do. I was making a joke, but it wasn't really very funny.

Well, if he would stop second guessing your move to FL, he could be outside every day! :laugh: (j/k)

You're a good Mom. I would be in the car too. (Or maybe making a quick trip for drive thru coffee. :D )

I know, right?

DH made me feel better by telling me he offered twice last week to take DS to play/go somewhere, but DS declined. So his own fault.

But yeah - Florida is calling. ;)

• Like 5

Finally 18*. 
I let Riv play in the front yard in the snow. She tried to build a snowman, but it's so powdery, it wouldn't stick for anything. Also, I'm pretty sure there were some disapproving glances and comments as people drove past. Some of the faces when they saw her alone in the yard...  :lol:  (I was at the window watching the whole time she was in the front.)

Riv also drew this "from her remembery". It's her favorite pink bird. (She can never remember the name.) 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fy4hG0hu6xgMxiHbJvzxqFmKjRB4nH6G/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AEihayfB4aWXtFFVYXjr6AHjRjle4yCD/view?usp=sharing

It's a "remembery" booyah!

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 7

BS and pain (which is bs) po

Pain is making bloodsugars high despite eating the exact same breakfast and lunch as yesterday.  Can't change that so focusing on eating the same healthy foods anyway. 

Pain is making it hard to move so I'm purposefully doing things inefficiently so that I force myself to get more steps. 

Pain is making it hard to think so I'm using my routines as a crutch. 

Gonna do this.  So there, Pain. 

• Like 5

BS and pain (which is bs) po

Pain is making bloodsugars high despite eating the exact same breakfast and lunch as yesterday. Can't change that so focusing on eating the same healthy foods anyway.

Pain is making it hard to move so I'm purposefully doing things inefficiently so that I force myself to get more steps.

Pain is making it hard to think so I'm using my routines as a crutch.

Gonna do this. So there, Pain.

:grouphug:

• Like 1

:grouphug: Jean. I hope you catch a break and can get some rest today.

I don't want rest.  (Thank you for the nice sentiment though.)  Part of my problem is that (supported by some studies but this is not definitive) my body produces up to 20 times more lactic acid than "normal" people even with small amounts of exertion.  And it doesn't get rid of the lactic acid.  Movement helps to get the acid moving in the right direction.  So I'm fighting my natural instinct to curl up in the fetal position and not move ever again by forcing myself to keep moving.  Plus, I'm finally having some movement in the right direction with regard to losing weight.  If I give up, then I will not keep even the tiny forward momentum that I have.  So. . . "onward and upward!  To Narnia and the north!"  (My battle cry). 

• Like 5

I don't want rest.  (Thank you for the nice sentiment though.)  Part of my problem is that (supported by some studies but this is not definitive) my body produces up to 20 times more lactic acid than "normal" people even with small amounts of exertion.  And it doesn't get rid of the lactic acid.  Movement helps to get the acid moving in the right direction.  So I'm fighting my natural instinct to curl up in the fetal position and not move ever again by forcing myself to keep moving.  Plus, I'm finally having some movement in the right direction with regard to losing weight.  If I give up, then I will not keep even the tiny forward momentum that I have.  So. . . "onward and upward!  To Narnia and the north!"  (My battle cry). 

:grouphug: I just wish there was a way for you to move that didn't result in more pain.

:grouphug: I just wish there was a way for you to move that didn't result in more pain.

Yes.

Thanks, guys.  It's more like a blanket of pain so in one sense it doesn't matter if I keep going.  You just want to hide from it and you can't.  But if dd concentrates and gets her schoolwork done I've planned a treat for both of us.  We're going to drive to the homeschool consignment shop (errand) and then go to the gluten free Asian restaurant I found but have never gone to. 

• Like 4

Finally 18*. 

I let Riv play in the front yard in the snow. She tried to build a snowman, but it's so powdery, it wouldn't stick for anything. Also, I'm pretty sure there were some disapproving glances and comments as people drove past. Some of the faces when they saw her alone in the yard...  :lol:  (I was at the window watching the whole time she was in the front.)

Riv also drew this "from her remembery". It's her favorite pink bird. (She can never remember the name.) 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fy4hG0hu6xgMxiHbJvzxqFmKjRB4nH6G/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AEihayfB4aWXtFFVYXjr6AHjRjle4yCD/view?usp=sharing

It's a "remembery" booyah!

Yay for playing in the snow.  The pictures are adorable.  I love flamingoes.

• Like 1