Menu

Ignore this thread!

This is Krissi's oldest child: I'm sorry to report that you are all too late. Salted Carmel Popcorn overdose is not a pretty sight. An anti-dote of cottage cheese and celery will be administered in an attempt to reverse the effects of that salty-sweet goodness, and she will be closely monitored over the next few days.

Let this be a lesson to you all.

:lol:

I can commiserate. I have one boy scout and one Eagle scout. Have you had the chocolate drizzled caramel corn? Just say to yourself over and over again: "It's too expensive! It's too expensive!"

• Like 3

This is Krissi's oldest child: I'm sorry to report that you are all too late. Salted Carmel Popcorn overdose is not a pretty sight. An anti-dote of cottage cheese and celery will be administered in an attempt to reverse the effects of that salty-sweet goodness, and she will be closely monitored over the next few days.

Let this be a lesson to you all.

Yeah, like we learn lessons. We're adults, we don't have to!

• Like 1

DDb got invited into the gifted program for Art. She's not sure she wants to because people may notice her but she's afraid to decline because then the teacher may be sad. I told her it was an honor- you can't request to be in the program and have to be referred. It's been a good day for school here! I let DS listen to his teacher's complimentary voicemail and he was super surprised and embarrassed.

For all of you worried if you were doing enough- I was half convinced I was ruining the kids with homeschool and being good enough, but they are all doing just fine when compared to their peers. I way over prepared DS for high school and have made it hard for him to enjoy his classes because they are so much less demanding than I was. And I thought we were slackers...

• Like 9

DDb got invited into the gifted program for Art. She's not sure she wants to because people may notice her but she's afraid to decline because then the teacher may be sad. I told her it was an honor- you can't request to be in the program and have to be referred. It's been a good day for school here! I let DS listen to his teacher's complimentary voicemail and he was super surprised and embarrassed.

For all of you worried if you were doing enough- I was half convinced I was ruining the kids with homeschool and being good enough, but they are all doing just fine when compared to their peers. I way over prepared DS for high school and have made it hard for him to enjoy his classes because they are so much less demanding than I was. And I thought we were slackers...

:hurray: For DDb art! Absolutely do it. Art folks are some of the zaniest, most wonderful friends you can make. 

:hurray: For your DS. Now is the time to tell him that classes aren't the place you learn things--it's on your own, studying the trails your classes don't have time to go down. That should make him a nice enigma at college, too. :D

• Like 4

If I could just somehow activate my dormant superpowers and either kick this cough, or find a way to stay awake for a week without going bonkers, that would be a good thing.

ETA: It's a red-cape Booyah! Up, up and awake!

No capes!

• Like 6

ðŸ³. I think I just give up on losing weight. I think It might be better if I just accept that I will always be fat. I tried to go low carb Monday and Tuesday to see if I could finally break through this plateau and the anxiety got so bad I was just a monster. I don’t think it’s likely a temporary thing, either. The last few times it just kept getting worse the longer I lasted. Maybe if I had absolutely nothing else to do I could white knuckle my way through a diet that drove me crazy, but I’ve got little people. I think I’m going to buy some clothes. There’s just no point in waiting.

I wish all those people who say, “just eat less and move more, duh!†could be injected with a drug that made them depressed, anxious, irritable, cold, headachy, exhausted, and starving and told, ok, now imagine someone told you the only way to be thin is to feel like this FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

I'm really sorry that this makes you unhappy. (((Spuds)))

• Like 2

Good morning.  I have a dental cleaning and exam this morning.  Do I have permission to kick the hygienist in the shins if she scolds me for not flossing enough? 

DH just tells them flat out he doesn't floss.  Period.  And he keeps having good check-ups.

• Like 2

[emoji1021]. I think I just give up on losing weight. I think It might be better if I just accept that I will always be fat. I tried to go low carb Monday and Tuesday to see if I could finally break through this plateau and the anxiety got so bad I was just a monster. I don’t think it’s likely a temporary thing, either. The last few times it just kept getting worse the longer I lasted. Maybe if I had absolutely nothing else to do I could white knuckle my way through a diet that drove me crazy, but I’ve got little people. I think I’m going to buy some clothes. There’s just no point in waiting.

I wish all those people who say, “just eat less and move more, duh!†could be injected with a drug that made them depressed, anxious, irritable, cold, headachy, exhausted, and starving and told, ok, now imagine someone told you the only way to be thin is to feel like this FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

I can relate. And it is much more complicated than many think.

• Like 4

And I just coughed so much I threw up. Again.

I'm on tessalon perles too. That's about the prettiest medication I've ever taken. I just wished they worked a little better for me.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I never saw any point in trying to lose weight to buy clothes. But I buy all thrift store anyway, so it's seldom a major layout on my part. I'm rough on clothes, worse than my kids, I think. If I waited to buy clothes, I might have holes in all my jeans. In not good places.

#mayormaynotbebasedonactualfact :leaving:

• Like 2

Today has been sucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell the hygienist she can turn that little mouth vacuum off now.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

ðŸ³. I think I just give up on losing weight. I think It might be better if I just accept that I will always be fat. I tried to go low carb Monday and Tuesday to see if I could finally break through this plateau and the anxiety got so bad I was just a monster. I don’t think it’s likely a temporary thing, either. The last few times it just kept getting worse the longer I lasted. Maybe if I had absolutely nothing else to do I could white knuckle my way through a diet that drove me crazy, but I’ve got little people. I think I’m going to buy some clothes. There’s just no point in waiting.

iSurvived.   Church girls club is over, and house has been cleaned up so that we can find the piano for tomorrow's bright-and-early lessons.  

(((Spud))).  Menopause has been mean to me and I totally get it.  It sucks.  Speaking of sucks, (((Jean))) for a sucky day.  And (((everyone else needing one))).  

An hour past my sleepy time.  Night-night kissies to all!  

• Like 5

I went to a "meet the candidates" meeting. And despite not being a candidate, I ended up talking because there were some things that needed to be said about politics in our community. Afterwards a number of people thanked me for speaking up. So I have hopefully fulfilled my civic duty for some time to come.

• Like 7

Good Thursday Morning!

I slept in until 7.  So nice!

Today is doomsday - the day I lead humanities discussion group.   :crying:  

Jean for President!!!

You can do it, Lynn!!!!  

• Like 3

:grouphug:

• Like 2

Edpo

Reported

Math is still a struggle, but he's trying.  I'm handing hugs out like candy.

We're making progress with writing.  He did really well on an assignment yesterday.  Subject matter for his story was a little dark (so we discussed that), but his storyline and sentence structure were great.  His spelling was even improved.

I have to sit down this weekend and figure out a better plan for getting work done, though.  I need to give him more during the day, so we aren't laden down with work in the evenings.  We need more balance. 

Oh, and he wants to switch things up and learn Russian.  :svengo:

• Like 9

Edpo

Reported

We're making progress with writing.  He did really well on an assignment yesterday.  Subject matter for his story was a little dark (so we discussed that), but his storyline and sentence structure were great.  His spelling was even improved.

I have to sit down this weekend and figure out a better plan for getting work done, though.  I need to give him more during the day, so we aren't laden down with work in the evenings.  We need more balance. 

I'm ready to get CLE workbooks for every subject, lol.  I'm tired of everyone needing me for stuff especially during weeks that have extra stuff going on.  I just want to sit on the couch and rock back and forth and try not to drool.  

• Like 5

Good morning!

Go Jean, Go! You tell 'em what needs to be told!

Go Lynn, Go! You tell 'em what needs to be told!

:D

I need to get out my giant book of "good job" stickers. My kids get immensely excited when they get a sticker on their math page. :)

I learned a little Russian in high school to prepare for going to the USSR, but I've forgotten everything but please/thank you/yes/no.

I need to get pantz so I can bring dd14 to tutorial.

Coffee!

• Like 5

I'm ready to get CLE workbooks for every subject, lol.  I'm tired of everyone needing me for stuff especially during weeks that have extra stuff going on.  I just want to sit on the couch and rock back and forth and try not to drool.  

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I've been there.  Sometimes I still am.

Okay, then, this is a loving-on-our-talented-Lynn Booya(h)!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

Edpo

Reported

I approve of doing more in the day so that the evening is easier on you both. 

• Like 4

DD13 is working diligently away.  She is very patiently trying to teach her Sugar Plum Fairies how to flit and dance, instead of tripping and stumbling all over the keyboard.

• Like 2

Dh bought a new windchime and it’s actually too melodious...I keep thinking it’s someone’s cell phone and the kids thought it was the ice cream truck earlier and were really bummed it wasn’t.

I have one set of Corinthian bells on the front porch. My dream is to have one by every window so I can hear them all the time. 

However, we do occasionally get some pretty high winds with spring and summer storms. Might not be as good an idea as I'm thinking. But one day it was snowing, and I went out for a jog up and down the driveway over the packed snow, and the bells kept ringing gently in the wind. Most satisfying run ever. No sounds but scrunching snow, wind and the chimes.

• Like 1

So, TMI, but my daughter walked in on us last night. Like - right in the middle of TeA time. :/ 
We thought she was asleep. Whoops!

We said, "Hey sweetie. You need to go back to your room." 
She said "I know why. It's because you're NAKED!"

:blushing:  Sweet Jesus take me now. lol 

She tried coming in later, but we had the door locked.
"Ummm, excuse me. The door is locked."
"Yes, baby, go back to bed."
"Really - what ARE you doing in there?" 
"We're talking." 
"About what?" 
"Our hopes and dreams."
"Oh, I hope and dream to have a tooth necklace to wear when I lose my tooth again." 

At least we didn't traumatize her too much. Let's just hope she doesn't tell her speech/OT/swim teacher. lol 

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 9

I understood Lynn's post to be referring to academic outcomes.  Full stop.

Yeah... my main point was that once upon a time an 8th grade (or less) education was plenty. What's "enough" wrt to academic outcomes depends on society.

A main goal of mine as an educator is to ensure my children are not limited to the education I give them. If anything I do is not "good enough" then they can fix that and I want to prepare them to do so.

Yes, this, obviously. But also enough that they won't have to spend forever remediating gaps. 

Umm, training your child up to be a drug pusher is NOT a satisfactory educational objective. :toetap05:

But, unlikely to be automated away...  :leaving:

(((Spuds)))  Ewe's not fat.  Ewe's fluffy.   :laugh:  :grouphug:

She's a potato, not a sheep. I think being skinny is overrated. 

I learned a little Russian in high school to prepare for going to the USSR, but I've forgotten everything but please/thank you/yes/no.

You went to the USSR? Do tell. 

• Like 3

I went to a "meet the candidates" meeting. And despite not being a candidate, I ended up talking because there were some things that needed to be said about politics in our community. Afterwards a number of people thanked me for speaking up. So I have hopefully fulfilled my civic duty for some time to come.

Jeannie for President.

And now I can't remember our slogan or the ITT Party Platform!! 😩😩😩

• Like 2

((Spuds)) You are beautiful. Don't let anyone make you feel less than that.

((Jean))

Hooray, Junie's DD!

I hope you're feeling better, Critter.

Good luck on your humanity, Lynn!

Warning: the following may contain slight educational content. Read at your own risk.

I think it's time for a second cuppa. My nephews will be here tonight for a sleepover, so we probably won't school tomorrow. We might do a quick lesson or two in the afternoon. Weapon X will be starting some work with Scratch Jr. today. He's decided he wants to create video games. I'm just going to go with it.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 6