Menu

Ignore this thread!

You haven't seen DDs room. ;) Yoga pants and leggings aren't just next to each other, they are all over the place mixed in with books, papers, other clothes, toys, and the rest of who knows what she has accumulated all over the place. It's a miracle she can find anything but I've decided overhauling her room is too big a job to tackle until baby is outside of my body. Also, DD has WAY too many clothes. She has hand me downs from twin sisters- so double everything, plus clothes bought just for her because we and others would feel sorry for her if everything was a hand me down.

Yeah. This is a big deal for her to navigate and going to require grace. I have a difficult time sometimes balancing grace and discipline which is why I suggested hanging them with the dresses.

Can I come over and help clean!? :D

How are you feeling? How long until Babiness?

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

The first thing I thought when I saw pictures of leggings with short shirts was that you'd have to be a dancer to pull that off. It looks like you are fixing to stand up on your toes and spin around.

With the tunic shirt it looks more like going out and about clothing.

• Like 1

Yeah. This is a big deal for her to navigate and going to require grace. I have a difficult time sometimes balancing grace and discipline which is why I suggested hanging them with the dresses.

Can I come over and help clean!? :D

How are you feeling? How long until Babiness?

I feel almost normal today! Hopefully the cold is over.

I'd let you clean, but I have a problem with control...I need to sort through the things myself. I did DS's room over the summer and we've managed to not regress, but it took a lot of time and effort. His was worse than hers. I need a weekend with nothing to do and the ability to happily crouch, climb, lift and be patient. Older DDs' rooms are naturally spotless because they are uptight. 

I have no idea when baby will arrive. It feels like never. 

The first thing I thought when I saw pictures of leggings with short shirts was that you'd have to be a dancer to pull that off. It looks like you are fixing to stand up on your toes and spin around.

With the tunic shirt it looks more like going out and about clothing.

Which is exactly what she wants to do all day. She's tiny. It's not a too much booty issue. Actually, I think this style obsession of hers may have begun when she started dance a few years ago. 

Edited by Paige
  • Like 3

It's a show where you get to watch me tread water and every now and then go under for a moment.  (Actually things are starting to get a tiny bit better so you might actually see me reach the side of the pool once or twice.) 

Oooo!  Can we stand on the edge and throw pool toys to try to help?  Or is that cheating?

• Like 3

I feel almost normal today! Hopefully the cold is over.

I'd let you clean, but I have a problem with control...I need to sort through the things myself. I did DS's room over the summer and we've managed to not regress, but it took a lot of time and effort. His was worse than hers. I need a weekend with nothing to do and the ability to happily crouch, climb, lift and be patient. Older DDs' rooms are naturally spotless because they are uptight. 

I have no idea when baby will arrive. It feels like never. 

Which is exactly what she wants to do all day. She's tiny. It's not a too much booty issue. Actually, I think this style obsession of hers may have begun when she started dance a few years ago. 

I wonder if she just feels really comfortable in that "skin" and feels less authentic in something else? 

• Like 1

Annoyed with everyone (okay, not the ITT). The old school district thinks they can't unregister my kids until they get confirmation from our new school district that the kids are registered there. Which I'm legally not required to do (I'm legally required to submit a LOI and an IHIP, which I did in like May or June or something). Of course, I need to register my oldest with the school district in order to get speech therapy through them (though I'm not entirely sure if that's a legal requirement... haven't looked into that, but it'd make sense, since they'd be spending money and presumably would qualify to get money from the state or w/e). Which, I tried to do, but, their proof of residency requirement was a PITA... needed to get my driver's license updated with a new address. Which, I did in like June or July. Got a temporary one, and then never received the permanent one (either that, or that letter somehow got lost). And, I so don't want to deal with the DMV. So, I can't register kids until I get the DMV sorted out (I could maybe have used the temporary one, but it expired at the end of September I think). 

In the meantime, the private speech therapy place called me to try to schedule speech therapy, so I asked DW when would be a good time, and she had a meltdown about not knowing when and not wanting to be put on the spot (and, the idea was that she'd take him so she could learn to work with him on speech), so, I told them I didn't know, and they told me they'd remove him from the waitlist and that I could call them back when I wanted to put him back on the waitlist. Grrrr. I tried calling them back after I was calm, and it said that number was not in service. Obviously, I could find their phone number online, but argh. Calling people is hard enough for me as is, and odds are that they'll tell me I'm too late now and they scheduled somebody else and I'll just have to get in the back of the line, and maybe they'll have an opening in January or w/e. 

In the meantime, I need to renew the registration for the car, but it wouldn't let me, because while *I* have updated my address with the DMV, DW hasn't yet, and the registration is in her name, so they won't let me renew it until she changes her address with them. 

And, before all of the above, Broccoli threw a gigantic tantrum this morning. The last couple of days went pretty well though.

• Like 1

Oops.  Ds' car started to lose some parts - while he was driving it.  The boys bungy-corded it together and got it to college buddy's house (which was closest).  I guess that will be on their agenda tomorrow. 

Duct tape: be like...

duct_tape_car.jpg

• Like 5

Maybe I need DayQuill, based on ikslo's rave review. Though klonopin does a pretty decent job of making work (i.e. dealing with bureaucracy) bearable (or rather, the aftermath... I actually put up with all the above before taking it). 

Celery's got Math Circle this afternoon. That should be relaxed. Other than maybe the parking... but, I've gotten much better at parallel parking since moving here. 

• Like 4

I guess Celery hasn't had speech therapy in about 4 months now. I don't think his speech has gotten worse, so at least that's a positive. Either that, or I'm good at being delusional (more likely, at not noticing gradual decline over time). But really, I don't think he's gotten worse. Which means that, yeah, we should get back to getting him speech therapy, but it's not as urgent as if he were noticeably getting worse. Right? And it's really nice, not having to drag him to a zillion appointments every week. 

• Like 1

Not separate from the rest of the wardrobe. Just appropriately sorted with matching attire. Personally, I keep my closet sorted from light to heavy (tank tops and shorts > long sleeves and jeans > jackets and coats). I don't see how pairing the leggings with tunics and dresses is any different.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Argh!  (Outta likes)

When I was working I had certain slacks that really required certain panties, so I wouldn't get color or prominent panty lines showing through.  I would hang those particular panties on the hangar with those particular slacks.

To make sure DD13 can always find the appropriate white panties when she gets dressed for Aikido (anything other than white or beige shows through) I have trained her to do similarly.

DD16 had gotten better (in just the last year or so) about sorting out outgrown clothes as she outgrows them, but she didn't used to.  I used to have to send her back either for other pants or a longer top (or a dress) when she would come out in pants (not just leggings) that have gotten just a tad too tight, showing a little too much detail of her physique.

I came back from DD13's ballet to find I hadn't posted this.  Oh well.  I spent money while DD was dancing.  I ordered more discreet panties (hers keep peeking out of her leotard and showing through her tights), a ballet skirt, and more bun-making stuff on Amazon.  I can never remember to get the ballet needs met until DD is getting dressed for ballet.  Hooray for Amazon and web access!  The stuff will all be here well before next week's class.

Today's bun attempt did stay anchored and in place a lot better.  I'm starting to get the hang of this, I think.  The bun donut was almost too small to make work with her hair, though, so I ordered in the largest bun donuts I could find on Amazon.  DD has a LOT of hair!

• Like 1

The young cat has arrived. She's seeing if I'm weak enough to be pounced.

Pouncing will get your heart beating and your blood circulating, which will help get the nasty bug out of your system sooner.  She's got your best interests at heart.  

• Like 3

Since I still haven't seen an answer to the how swallowing a cockroach possibly resembles dogs barking, I'm going to hypothesize that Slash sniffed too much DayQuill.

You DID get sick!  I'm glad you survived and came back to us.  We missed you.

Well, I wouldn't call it sick. More like a wake-up call to take it easy, relax, and take some more vitamin C etc. 

I do not have the flu. I do not recommend the flu test--unless you are studying Ancient Egypt and want to experience having your brain sampled through your nose. 

I have a secondary infection (Prairie nailed it). DH is out to get my drugs. Right now I am flat on my butt and I dare anybody to yell fire to get me to move.

:grouphug:  Yeah, not pleasant. And then have to pay for the privilege. The one time I got that it was $50, I think, which we weren't told about before it was done (this doctor mostly served low-income people, so it would've made sense for him to tell people if it was expensive, which, $50 is (I figured it'd be like $10 or so). But, I did have the flu, so I did get a script for Tamiflu (which was even more expensive), which might have helped me be able to finish the semester without flunking everything. 

They don't make blankets warm enough.

Electric blankets? IIRC, you're not supposed to put a blanket on top of an electric blanket, but you can put as many blankets as you want under an electric blanket. 

• Like 2

My daughter wears clothes that would scandalize some.  We don't hang out with those people. This isn't a slam on them but just because our outlook on a lot of things is different and less. . .  intense?  She doesn't wear them to get looks.  She wears the for comfort and because they suit her athletic lifestyle.  She has only been leered at once by the men at a local Indian restaurant.  I gave them "what for" and now they go inside when we are walking by their restaurant.  As well they should. 

Good for you on the what for.

And I will confess to wearing my exercise clothes into grocery stores and on other errands.  Not the best image, I know, not with my build, but time is short, I'm not Veronica Lodge, and I do make sure I'm not exposing anything I wouldn't want sunburned.

• Like 2

Never had to do that, but I can imagine the static cling!

Not just static.  Wool has a life of its own, and little burrs and such that grab.  That's why it will felt badly if washed wrongly.  Add to the mix the little fibers sticking up from corduroy, and that stuff just doesn't let go!

• Like 1

Neko seemed really off yesterday - like he didn't feel good.  But he was eating some still.  Today he's a bit better but still not his normal perky. 

It's an Under-the-weather-cat booyah. 

:grouphug:   Poor kitty.  Get better soon, Neko!

• Like 2

However, I now test positive for an allergy to cockroach dung, which my allergist says is bizarre because there have never been cockroaches in climates where I've lived (and exposure is necessary to acquire the allergic reaction).   

They manage to live in certain apartment complexes etc in quite nordic climates just fine, because there's enough heat and humidity. Even if they're not a widespread problem, because for the most part the climate is too cold. 

Of course, it could be Disney at 8... I'm just saying they sometimes do occur in climates that are unsuitable to them. 

Leggings are not pants. At least not for girls who are about 8-9 years old and older. 

But how do you feel about men in tights? Or in leggings?

• Like 1

They manage to live in certain apartment complexes etc in quite nordic climates just fine, because there's enough heat and humidity. Even if they're not a widespread problem, because for the most part the climate is too cold. 

Of course, it could be Disney at 8... I'm just saying they sometimes do occur in climates that are unsuitable to them. 

But how do you feel about men in tights? Or in leggings?

Still not pants. But they can do what they want.  :D

• Like 1

What if she doesn't leave the house?  Can she walk around the house in her underwear? 

#lifewithboys

For my girls not when the blinds are open or when their dad is home, and not when we have male visitors.  Last time my Dad visited I had DH have a quiet word with him, too.  Dad is fond of hanging out in the house in his undershirt and boxer shorts, shorts with rather gappy flies (not a view I want just strolling about).  If my dad and the kids' dad have to wear pants in our company then the girls and I have to follow suit.  Fair is fair.

People should wear what they want. Parents should help their kids to dress according to their values. I am too busy trying to get my own stuff together so I won't notice. Well, I might notice the outliers but I tend to shrug and go back to trying to get my own stuff together. Our local culture is casual and I fit in just fine. I do try to be hygienic and somewhat neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

No "just chonies" allowed because boy (dad) in house (I'm not sure who would be more mortified).  But jammies are fine.

Jammies are fine, here, too, so long as the nightshirt reaches the top of the knee OR the PJ bottoms are at least partly visible under the t-shirt.  I'm trying to cultivate the habit of avoiding the I'm-strolling-about-in-just-a-shirt-and-underwear look.  I just ask that the bottom edge of the shorts peek out under the bottom of the shirt.

I kept hearing weird noises. It turned out to be the short person yelling in Russian at her computer.  She's making a skit.  It's homework.

Are we entirely sure that it's not Monday?

Don't you mean "понедельник"?

For my girls not when the blinds are open or when their dad is home, and not when we have male visitors. Last time my Dad visited I had DH have a quiet word with him, too. Dad is fond of hanging out in the house in his undershirt and boxer shorts, shorts with rather gappy flies (not a view I want just strolling about). If my dad and the kids' dad have to wear pants in our company then the girls and I have to follow suit. Fair is fair.

When MIL visits she walks around all day in pjs that are like a thin t-shirt that barely covers her butt. No pantz. I keep my mouth shut because MIL.

Last time she was here, she told DD 13 that it wasn't appropriate for her to be outside of her room in her nightgown which has a tank top style top and goes to the floor! Because it's white. ??? Let's take the plank out of our own eye, MIL!

I do encourage DDs to not wear undershirts/camis as shirts around the house because I'd be annoyed if the guys walked around in their underwear.

• Like 1

Annoyed with everyone (okay, not the ITT). The old school district thinks they can't unregister my kids until they get confirmation from our new school district that the kids are registered there. Which I'm legally not required to do (I'm legally required to submit a LOI and an IHIP, which I did in like May or June or something). Of course, I need to register my oldest with the school district in order to get speech therapy through them (though I'm not entirely sure if that's a legal requirement... haven't looked into that, but it'd make sense, since they'd be spending money and presumably would qualify to get money from the state or w/e). Which, I tried to do, but, their proof of residency requirement was a PITA... needed to get my driver's license updated with a new address. Which, I did in like June or July. Got a temporary one, and then never received the permanent one (either that, or that letter somehow got lost). And, I so don't want to deal with the DMV. So, I can't register kids until I get the DMV sorted out (I could maybe have used the temporary one, but it expired at the end of September I think). 

In the meantime, the private speech therapy place called me to try to schedule speech therapy, so I asked DW when would be a good time, and she had a meltdown about not knowing when and not wanting to be put on the spot (and, the idea was that she'd take him so she could learn to work with him on speech), so, I told them I didn't know, and they told me they'd remove him from the waitlist and that I could call them back when I wanted to put him back on the waitlist. Grrrr. I tried calling them back after I was calm, and it said that number was not in service. Obviously, I could find their phone number online, but argh. Calling people is hard enough for me as is, and odds are that they'll tell me I'm too late now and they scheduled somebody else and I'll just have to get in the back of the line, and maybe they'll have an opening in January or w/e. 

In the meantime, I need to renew the registration for the car, but it wouldn't let me, because while *I* have updated my address with the DMV, DW hasn't yet, and the registration is in her name, so they won't let me renew it until she changes her address with them. 

And, before all of the above, Broccoli threw a gigantic tantrum this morning. The last couple of days went pretty well though.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   Yup, that's a rough day.

• Like 2

People should wear what they want. Parents should help their kids to dress according to their values. I am too busy trying to get my own stuff together so I won't notice. Well, I might notice the outliers but I tend to shrug and go back to trying to get my own stuff together. Our local culture is casual and I fit in just fine. I do try to be hygienic and somewhat neat.

I get judged by my clothing choices by a few church members. I get comments. I recently read a book called The 10 Signs of A Dying Church or something. We had every sign.

And I'm using Google translate to write these things, because I haven't figured out yet how to type in Russian on my keyboard. Not high on my priority list today. The good news is that Google is less likely to botch the spelling. 

That's what I'm using, too.  I can just cut and paste and hope that someone wasn't having me on and deliberately mistranslating.

• Like 2

I'm far enough along in Russian that I can write "Today [is] Tuesday". Though not necessarily spell stuff right... it varies. 

Also, I'm pretty sure Ð‘ÑƒÑ is not an actual word (or, at least doesn't mean booyah... Google didn't have a translation for that). When I type Ð‘ÑƒÑ in it gives me buoy as a suggestion... that may or may not be a valid change of ending of for the word buoy (буй) depending on its use in a sentence. 

Jammies are fine, here, too, so long as the nightshirt reaches the top of the knee OR the PJ bottoms are at least partly visible under the t-shirt. I'm trying to cultivate the habit of avoiding the I'm-strolling-about-in-just-a-shirt-and-underwear look. I just ask that the bottom edge of the shorts peek out under the bottom of the shirt.

I frequently stroll about in just a shirt and underwear.

• Like 1

Weapon X's private speech therapist hasn't called us since Harvey. I'm pretty alright with it. I like not going, even though it's far more effective (and expensive) than just the speech through the school. I know he needs to go back, but I'm not in any rush.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Weapon X's private speech therapist hasn't called us since Harvey. I'm pretty alright with it. I like not going, even though it's far more effective (and expensive) than just the speech through the school. I know he needs to go back, but I'm not in any rush.

Well, you just had a hurricane. That seems like a valid excuse to take a break for a little while. Also, he's only 6, and, I don't think his speech is all that terrible, is it?

I get judged by my clothing choices by a few church members. I get comments. I recently read a book called The 10 Signs of A Dying Church or something. We had every sign.

I might be tossed out if a church if people tried commenting on my clothing. Though one couple tried with my kids. They told me that Ds should shave and Dd should donate her hair to Locks of Love. I listened and walked away without response. It was the polite thing to do.

Oh, sure.  There you go bragging again.  Hmph.

• Like 4