Menu

Ignore this thread!

Mommy guilt is gone.  Dd doesn't remember being up in the night.  And she assured me that when she feels truly bad that she tries over and over again to wake me up (if I'm in deep sleep) until I finally wake up. 

We got lab work today.  All labs look good.  Iron is slightly low but not low enough to cause symptoms.  Her celiac marker has gone up but I've been told that is normal at first as well and to just keep doing the gluten free thing. 

Oh, yay!

• Like 1

We did school, we made lemon bars, we went to the playground and the kids played while I picked up a bunch of trash, I FaceTimed my mom, we ate lemon bars, etc. Yesterday I had the kids play Jackson Pollock (on posterboard on a king size sheet on the front porch... only a tiny bit of paint ended up on the porch). I'm doing a 2000 piece puzzle of The World I got for my birthday. Europe is mostly done, and SE Asia and America are fairly recognizable. Oh, and the entire border, of course. Right now, I'm not sure if I'm on a sugar high, need more coffee, both, or other. 

• Like 6

This just in: 

"Mom, will you be mad if I don't love you anymore?"

"No, but it will hurt my heart and I will be sad." 

"Ok, but not mad? Good. Because I don't love you anymore. You are the meanest mommy ever because you do mean things to me and make me sad. So, I will not love you." 

**The mean things I do to her are give her consequences for acting like a hooligan at speech. She chose to jump on the couch and run into the owner's office, jump climb on and over chairs, hide, etc. I looked like the world's best mom today. 

So, I mean, I guess I've officially made it into the motherhood clique since my kid hates me. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Yup, you belong to the clique.  But it's because you, as her mother, have proven to be safe to "not love".  It takes a real Mom to take that on.

• Like 3

I'm so, so, behind. #ididntsaybutt

It'd make sense financially if it'd put you on a trajectory to earn more in the future. E.g. when I was pregnant with Celery I was an EE major. IIRC, the average *starting* salary for EE grads was like $55k. So, it'd have made sense to work at an internship making $10 or w/e per hour while he was a baby while finishing up that degree to position myself to earn more $$$ later. Of course, we all know that that's not what I did, but anyway... it isn't always about what you're paid right at the time your kid is daycare aged. I could go put my kids in school now and go back to school and do an internship for peanuts now, and make big money (well, decent money... it isn't rock star kind of money) a few years from now, but I'll be behind compared to if I'd done that when Celery was a baby. Not that I'm planning on doing that now. EE would take too long to finish at this point (due to some detours I decided to take).

I'm guessing he's hoping for a more interesting answer. 

Any results yet? (I probably should finish reading thread... I just finished page 2315).

Very true, and I would say that that is part of the financial advantage outweighing the costs.  

Glad to see you back, even if you are behind once again.  I was starting to wonder if you had caught sick, too....

• Like 1

Don't push your luck!  Give yourself enough rest to get over things before the baby comes.  The baby will be sleeping in your room for the first few months, right?  Finishing the paint in the baby's room can wait, if need be.

Just get all better quick.

:grouphug:

But I'm bored! The kids aren't home, house is big and quiet, dog just wants to nap, and I can't tv and read all day. 

Glad to see you back, even if you are behind once again.  I was starting to wonder if you had caught sick, too....

Well, I'm going to stay behind for quite a while... I haven't made *any* progress on catching up on the thread in weeks. I had a bit of a sore throat and some sinus congestion or w/e, but nothing much. Mostly just did a good job of spending time IRL.

• Like 3

But I'm bored! The kids aren't home, house is big and quiet, dog just wants to nap, and I can't tv and read all day. 

Can you scrapbook?  Or write?  Or put together videos or slideshows or other things as messages and mementos for your newest member of the family?

Maybe you just need to start re-reading ITT.  THAT will keep you busy!

• Like 1

Well, I'm going to stay behind for quite a while... I haven't made *any* progress on catching up on the thread in weeks. I had a bit of a sore throat and some sinus congestion or w/e, but nothing much. Mostly just did a good job of spending time IRL.

You DID get sick!  I'm glad you survived and came back to us.  We missed you.

• Like 2

This just in: 

"Ok, but not mad? Good. Because I don't love you anymore. You are the meanest mommy ever because you do mean things to me and make me sad. So, I will not love you." 

**The mean things I do to her are give her consequences for acting like a hooligan at speech. She chose to jump on the couch and run into the owner's office, jump climb on and over chairs, hide, etc. I looked like the world's best mom today. 

So, I mean, I guess I've officially made it into the motherhood clique since my kid hates me. 

Welcome to the dark side. We have pie.

• Like 7

I want lemon bars.

After a hard freeze last winter our citrus trees have not blossomed at all this year.  Not even the very prolific calamunsi.

No lemons.  No limes.  No calamunsi.   :crying:

I do not have the flu. I do not recommend the flu test--unless you are studying Ancient Egypt and want to experience having your brain sampled through your nose. 

I have a secondary infection (Prairie nailed it). DH is out to get my drugs. Right now I am flat on my butt and I dare anybody to yell fire to get me to move.

• Like 7

This just in: 

Whenever DS would say that, I would always just respond with, "Well, I still love you."  And walk away before he could say anything else.  #havetohavethelastword ;)

• Like 5

I still regret not making the effort to meet you when you and your math wizard were in D.C.

:sad:

You realize this is all Critter's fault, right?  Once she secures our island, we will all have our vacation time together.

(BTW, no pressure, Critter. :001_smile: )

• Like 6

((Mary))  You know that you are doing the right thing but I will tell you that anyway so that you know that you are a loving good Mommy. 

Yup, you belong to the clique.  But it's because you, as her mother, have proven to be safe to "not love".  It takes a real Mom to take that on.

Thanks, friends. 

She has since been fed and now loves me again. lol She cried for 45 minutes on the way home. She was pretty upset. 

This sweet girl has HUGE emotions. I'm terrified of her teen years. 

• Like 7

I still regret not making the effort to meet you when you and your math wizard were in D.C.

We are regional neighbors.

Can you scrapbook?  Or write?  Or put together videos or slideshows or other things as messages and mementos for your newest member of the family?

Maybe you just need to start re-reading ITT.  THAT will keep you busy!

Those all involve sitting. I'm becoming more like my dad as I age- don't like sitting!

This just in: 

:grouphug:  :grouphug: I have one DD who is exceptionally intuitive about people and when she was younger she would come up with just the worst thing to say to each specific person when she was mad. It's an evil gift- her insults and tantrums were highly targeted and sounded very different according to who the audience was. She actually made my MIL cry when she babysat her as a 3yr old! My mom was not phased because, apparently, DD gets it from me. Anyway...I doubt she really means more than that she was upset and she only said it because she loves you so much. That DD of mine is also the most affectionate, emotionally sensitive in positive ways too. They have so many feels. The other kids are more even tempered. I started to enjoy the creativity of DD's tantrums and insults and nodded and smiled until she felt better.  :grouphug:  

• Like 7

:sad:

You realize this is all Critter's fault, right?  Once she secures our island, we will all have our vacation time together.

(BTW, no pressure, Critter. :001_smile: )

:001_tt2:  And I have cooties.... :laugh:

They gave me magic puff-puff medicine and I thought of you and Susan's dd.

• Like 4

The dangers of replying to posts before one has finished catsupping up:

I'm sorry that you're sick, Critter. 

You can take a break from working on our book, if you need to.

I really hope that Jean doesn't smack me for that.

Before I thought I was dying of death I did my French, Latin and I edited a chapter. Then I crashed.

• Like 2

Thanks, friends. 

She has since been fed and now loves me again. lol She cried for 45 minutes on the way home. She was pretty upset. 

Might make her hugely empathetic for others, though. Or turn her into a writer.

• Like 2

They don't make blankets warm enough.

ETA: However, the flannel shirt feels good, DH got me Sprite, and the snapping turtles felt bad for me and swept the house, folded the laundry, unloaded the dishes and took on the chores for the evening. :001_smile:

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5

Thanks, friends. 

Maybe she's just getting it all out of the way now.

:grouphug:  :grouphug: I have one DD who is exceptionally intuitive about people and when she was younger she would come up with just the worst thing to say to each specific person when she was mad. It's an evil gift- her insults and tantrums were highly targeted and sounded very different according to who the audience was. She actually made my MIL cry when she babysat her as a 3yr old! My mom was not phased because, apparently, DD gets it from me. Anyway...I doubt she really means more than that she was upset and she only said it because she loves you so much. That DD of mine is also the most affectionate, emotionally sensitive in positive ways too. They have so many feels. The other kids are more even tempered. I started to enjoy the creativity of DD's tantrums and insults and nodded and smiled until she felt better.  :grouphug:  

She kind of made me chuckle. She asked if it would make me mad. She doesn't mind hurting my feelings, but dear lord, if I'm mad at her, that would wreck her world. So, as soon as I said "No, I wouldn't be mad", she was fine with being mean. lol 

We had a long chat about how we should act and kind words and such. 

She is my mini-me. I'm "payin' for my raisin'". 

Might make her hugely empathetic for others, though. Or turn her into a writer.

She is my emotionally intuitive girl. She makes up elaborate stories too, so I could definitely see her being a writer. 

Maybe she's just getting it all out of the way now.

Oh sweet Jesus, we can only hope! lol 

• Like 5

ETA: However, the flannel shirt feels good, DH got me Sprite, and the snapping turtles felt bad for me and swept the house, folded the laundry, unloaded the dishes and took on the chores for the evening. :001_smile:

I absolutely have to buy Riv a new blanket for her bed this winter. I noticed the blanket on her bed the other day. It has started to get holes in it. It's from when I was little!! My sister saw it and laughed then said I was a horrible mom for giving her a holey blanket. lol 

• Like 2

I do not have the flu. I do not recommend the flu test--unless you are studying Ancient Egypt and want to experience having your brain sampled through your nose. 

I have a secondary infection (Prairie nailed it). DH is out to get my drugs. Right now I am flat on my butt and I dare anybody to yell fire to get me to move.

And  :hurray:  :hurray:  for getting in to the doctor!  Yay, diagnosis and treatment!

• Like 1

Thanks, friends. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  for both of you.  

Let us know if she grows suddenly in the next few days.  Like maybe tonight.  I'm just curious to see if another growth spurt might be about to happen.

• Like 1

We are regional neighbors.

Those all involve sitting. I'm becoming more like my dad as I age- don't like sitting!

Put something together.  Then wander around the house to try it in different places to see where it will work best.  Then put another something together.  Repeat.  The idea is for you to relax, rest, and recover so you can be well again when the baby decides to come.  I don't think physically taxing yourself reaching and breathing in paint fumes is the best thing on top of you being sick.

Just get better quickly.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Good DH and turtles!  Now make her some soup.  You are doing a good job, so keep it up.   :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 2

I absolutely have to buy Riv a new blanket for her bed this winter. I noticed the blanket on her bed the other day. It has started to get holes in it. It's from when I was little!! My sister saw it and laughed then said I was a horrible mom for giving her a holey blanket. lol 

No, you gave her a good blanket for the summer.  You don't want the child to get overheated, but ofttimes a blanket is still needed.  You will get her a winter-appropriate blanket soon, and she will be toasty warm through the chilly nights.

Think of all the years of love and living that old blanket has.  That can warm the soul as well as the body.

• Like 3

DH got word his folks have a new TV, so he has gone over to their house to help set it up this evening.  DD13 wanted to stay home because Mondays are the one weekday a week that she can get online at the same time as her favorite cousin.  DD16 is feeling gray today, a little listless, and a bit tired (I made all 3 of us clean the outside of both entries today).  I'm home with them, deciding I don't have to thaw or cook anything; we have enough food in the fridge for our suppers.  I'm pretty sure MIL & FIL will insist on feeding DH.

• Like 3

Good DH and turtles!  Now make her some soup.  You are doing a good job, so keep it up.   :hurray:  :hurray:

Hopefully not turtle soup.   :leaving:  

ETA:  It's a Booyah in honor of Critter's Turtles.  Let them live and don't turn them into soup.  :)

Edited by Junie
  • Like 7

We just had pest control here. I opened a bag of fertilizer in my shed and cockroaches came running up my arm. They had nested in the bag. We sprayed the heck out of the shed, and the little crunchy balls of nastiness tried to infest my house this week.  I told the pest control guy to douse everything in pesticide or I was going to burn.the.house.down.  (Just kidding--but I have NO love for cockroaches. I will share my house with the occasional spider or the like, but cockroaches freak me out.)  

I told you about our cockroach story right? The one where I kept telling the landlord there was something wrong with the heater or something because gas prices tripled that winter? And when, finally months later, water came pouring out of the baseboard across the floor he decided to believe me? But, apparently, all that moisture under the house created a great environment for water bugs, aka cockroaches that love water, to breed. I told this story, right? You know, how I was sitting on the sofa one night and noticed a bug, killed it, noticed another bug coming from under the sofa, killed it, finally moved the sofa, and was met with a horde of nasty crawling creatures? How I woke up dh (yelling at him while I was beating the floor with a broom) in the middle of the night and made him move that sofa outside RIGHT THEN? And told him that if the problem wasn't fixed, we were moving? Yeah, that story. Tell me if you've heard it before. Thankfully, I, just about singlehandedly, got rid of the plague. Haven't had one since.

• Like 6

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  for both of you.  

Let us know if she grows suddenly in the next few days.  Like maybe tonight.  I'm just curious to see if another growth spurt might be about to happen.

I can't afford a growth spurt. I just bought all new fall/winter clothes and new swimsuits. :/ Noooo!!! 

The clothes are a teeny bit big, but I did figure she would shoot up soon. She's got a bit of a belly, but with all the swimming she does, I think it's just baby chub. I wouldn't be surprised if she grows suddenly.

• Like 1