Menu

Ignore this thread!

Question: Would you say that asking someone to be your shill (ie. asking them to say your words as their own so that it looks like more people agree with you) is dishonest? I was trying to figure out why I was bothered so much by such requests and I think this is why. (This is regarding local discussions on social media regarding local politics.)

Well if you have been hired as a paid spokesperson, it seems like it would be OK in general with appropriate disclosures. Otherwise it would bother me.

• Like 2

Question: Would you say that asking someone to be your shill (ie. asking them to say your words as their own so that it looks like more people agree with you) is dishonest? I was trying to figure out why I was bothered so much by such requests and I think this is why. (This is regarding local discussions on social media regarding local politics.)

Yes, it is dishonest. I teach my kids that's it's all about intent. If your intent is to deceive, then it's wrong, no matter what it may or may not be "technically".
  • Like 3

I'm working on financial aid stuff for oldest DS's school for next year. Not quite as bad as the FAFSA, I'm sure, but bad enough. So, I'm thinking about asking Susan to do it for me, since she loves to do that sort of thing. 😜. How about if I blow you a kiss?😘 or make you dinner?ðŸ”ðŸŸ. Or get you a cup of coffee? ☕ï¸

• Like 6

I have felt much better today, so I started my second new medication.  This one (sulfasalazine) is long term/permanent.  Hopefully I won't have any major side effects.

I cleaned some stuff, took a nap -- mostly typical stuff.

I have not used my cane much at all today.  I will probably take it to church tomorrow, just in case.

Oh, and ds16 survived the SAT.  I asked him how it went.  He said he wouldn't know until he saw his score.  :)

• Like 7

I'm working on financial aid stuff for oldest DS's school for next year. Not quite as bad as the FAFSA, I'm sure, but bad enough. So, I'm thinking about asking Susan to do it for me, since she loves to do that sort of thing. 😜. How about if I blow you a kiss?😘 or make you dinner?ðŸ”ðŸŸ. Or get you a cup of coffee? ☕ï¸

You have an evil streak that must be squashed with decaf coffee. :D

• Like 5

That was kind of harsh, Susan.  I mean, decaf?  What next?  Flogging?

Proud mama alert: Dd18 got the part of Belle! 👗 She has worked so hard for this for weeks and weeks. 🎭

:party: :party: :party:

• Like 4

decaf? Decaf?

That was kind of harsh, Susan. I mean, decaf? What next? Flogging?

:

I know, right? That's what I was thinking! Or perhaps the rack. Or... maybe cottage cheese for breakfast.

And that is an evil streaky booya/h with decaf and cottage cheese!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

:ack2: Why you do that to yourself?!

It is snowing.

Because....because..... I don't know.😩😩😩 I hate breakfast, but I'm hungry. And it's quick and easy. And I don't have to think about it. And it's on my diet. And I don't have to cook it. Actually, I only have it twice a week. On my slim days.

I wish it would snow here. We have all the windows open.

• Like 3

I reminded the stray chickens of how lucky they are to have been caught and brought to a comfortable house with plenty of chicken food to eat and spinach, strawberry tops and apple cores every day, and how comfortable it is to sleep on nice perches over warm straw. They just blinked at me and grumbled in chicken growls because it was time to turn out the light. Spoiled brat birds.

• Like 7

I reminded the stray chickens of how lucky they are to have been caught and brought to a comfortable house with plenty of chicken food to eat and spinach, strawberry tops and apple cores every day, and how comfortable it is to sleep on nice perches over warm straw. They just blinked at me and grumbled in chicken growls because it was time to turn out the light. Spoiled brat birds.

doesn't take long, does it?? Pretty soon they're going to be demanding wing massages and insisting on hot beverages and bunny slippers at regular intervals!
  • Like 5

Proud mama alert: Dd18 got the part of Belle! 👗 She has worked so hard for this for weeks and weeks. 🎭

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

Susan, that's fantastic!  All her ITT Aunties are so proud of her!!!

• Like 5

Good morning!

Good Sunday Morning!

COFFEE!!!!!

Back to the swim meet, the hospital, etc. I wonder if we have enough clean laundry for tomorrow. Or food, lol.

Oh, and by the way, 15yo ds came in 2nd yesterday for his form and for sparring at a TKD tournament. Yay!

Congratulations! :hurray:

How is your dad? Any news on test results?

(((Lynn and Family))) hang in there.

• Like 2

I am letting everyone sleep in. It is very unusual for everyone to still be asleep at 7:30 (oh, I guess it's really 6:30) so I am asumming they need more sleep. Dds8 & 10 were up half the night Saturday at their sleepover and dd8 was sobbing at dinner because she was too tired to eat, so she went to bed at 5, got up a few hours later to eat, and then stayed up reading Calvin and Hobbes until who knows when. I'm sure dd18 spent half the night texting her theatre buddies.

Ds21 just called me. He's running a 101.9 fever and is coughing and wanted to know if he should go to the doctor. His lungs don't hurt, so I suggested he take some ibuprofin, hydrogen peroxide his ears, drink lots of water, and take some expectorant and see how he feels in a couple hours. 🤒

More coffee!

• Like 4

Way to go Lynn's DS! 

I won the argument about whether or not the clock in the bedroom would reset itself for the time change. It does not. Twice a year DH and I have this argument. I win twice a year, every year. And he never remembers.  :001_rolleyes:

• Like 7

Way to go Lynn's DS!

I won the argument about whether or not the clock in the bedroom would reset itself for the time change. It does not. Twice a year DH and I have this argument. I win twice a year, every year. And he never remembers. :001_rolleyes:

You could really rake it in with some "risky" wagers!

• Like 4

I have just discovered that I am an idiot of supreme measure. Stupid stupid stupid.

I assumed that with dh's new health insurance, if the Vanderbilt hospital and children's hospital are in-network providers, that the whole Vanderbilt system is in-network. I remember dh asking HR about it and he said they were. But now that I am looking in our actual insurance account, it appears they are not. So the places we have gone for pneumonia and strep and GP and broken bones are covered a little, but not much. No wonder our medical bills have skyrocketed.

Stupid stupid stupid. Boy do I have a headache.

The forecast is calling for a half-inch of snow for us on Saturday night. There go the peaches this summer. Hopefully the blueberries have held off blooming. :glare:

Did you get the snow?  It is 48 here with a windchill of 42 this morning.  Quite crisp.

• Like 2

We think that we should spring back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.  I hate springing forward.  Since we're supposed to be at church in 1 minute and I'm sitting here typing in my jammies, guess who's skipping this week?

A FAFSA on tricky medical networks!

It's snowing (a little) at my house. JJM, you came through after all! And I didn't even get you your pollen. DS is outside having a blast.

You are very welcome, whitehawk.  And, please, no need for payment.  I'm just generous that way! angel-with-wings-smiley-emoticon.gif

Dad is much better. He's going home today!

YAY!!

• Like 6

I slept well last night, but I woke up early.  Ds16 is taking the SAT this morning.

It might end up being an interesting day here.  As I was reading my devotions this morning. I mis-read the words of Amos.  He was writing about the "desolate wilderness"; I thought at first that it said "chocolate wilderness."   :lol:  Oh what a difference a few letters make.

Obviously you are suffering from a  chocolate deficiency.  Go eat some, preferably the good stuff.

• Like 3