Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!

I started the dreaded Prednisone last night. I have increased energy, decreased sleep, and increased foul mood. :glare:

My brother had to take prednisone for a while a few years ago. It made his cheeks fat and everyone kept asking if he had his wisdom teeth removed.
  • Like 2

My brother had to take prednisone for a while a few years ago. It made his cheeks fat and everyone kept asking if he had his wisdom teeth removed.

Oh.  I forgot about the "moon face" side effect.  I don't remember getting that last time, so hopefully I won't this time.  

• Like 3

I woke up at two this morning with coyotes singing in my back yard. There isn't much that can bring me right out of a sound sleep, but coyote yaps get my attention. All my chickens were up and safe in their secure houses (the strays in the garage, my girls in their solid building on a concrete pad) but still....

Anyway, I didn't get back to sleep until around six this morning, and I get up at seven. So I'm seeing double, even with extra caffeine this morning.

I don't suppose that you want to hear about the virtues of an AR-15 with a night vision scope?

• Like 5

Good Morning!

I started the dreaded Prednisone last night.  I have increased energy, decreased sleep, and increased foul mood.   :glare:

Bwahahahaha.  With enough Prednisone, we could take over the WORLD!!!!!   :smash:  :willy_nilly:  :001_tt1:  :eek:  :boxing_smiley:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

• Like 5

Today is DS2's birthday. Now I have 2 13-year-old boys. Yikes. Oldest DS turns 14 at the end of May. I have to bake a birthday cake, take DD to the dentist, 3 children have piano lessons and there's Awana tonight. And what I really want to do is ditch the kids and drive to the beach with DH and lay there listening to the ocean for a while and then have clam chowder in a sour dough bowl. And maybe go tide pooling and watch the hermit crabs scuttle about. Sigh! I guess I should go start school instead.

Have a great day everyone!!

Happy Birthday, Krissi's DS2! :party:  :party: :party:  :party:  :party:  

• Like 3

I don't suppose that you want to hear about the virtues of an AR-15 with a night vision scope? 

If I had sheep or goats, you bet I'd be interested. But I only have chickens, and they are well protected at night, as Beorn would say.

• Like 5

Apparently there is audio of the council meeting (and my speech). I'm trying to find out where it is so that I can listen to it. I wonder if you can hear my stage fright. Did you know that when I used to sing publicly that I was so scared that my vision would shut down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe that's why so many performers close their eyes when they sing!

• Like 1

Good Morning!

I started the dreaded Prednisone last night.  I have increased energy, decreased sleep, and increased foul mood.   :glare:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  (done very carefully)

• Like 2

Today is DS2's birthday. Now I have 2 13-year-old boys. Yikes. Oldest DS turns 14 at the end of May. I have to bake a birthday cake, take DD to the dentist, 3 children have piano lessons and there's Awana tonight. And what I really want to do is ditch the kids and drive to the beach with DH and lay there listening to the ocean for a while and then have clam chowder in a sour dough bowl. And maybe go tide pooling and watch the hermit crabs scuttle about. Sigh! I guess I should go start school instead.

Have a great day everyone!!

Happy Birthday!!!!  

It won't let me get to the party icon, so just picture wild, rambunctious partying here in his honor.

• Like 2

I need to sleep for 3 hours.  Or ten.

School is done - at least my part is done.

And I actually did the new physical therapy regimen that my doctor prescribed for me yesterday.  I really need to do this because it is designed to strengthen me so that I can literally continue to walk.  Some muscles are so weak that it makes it difficult. 

Now I need to put on some peppy music so that I can do "Stuff That Needs Doing"  (technical term). 

This booyah needs booyahing.  Booyah! 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 5

I made DS's cake. It's a camo cake. You get it in a mix. It's pretty cool, I made camo frosting. It looks hideous. And then I put green sprinkles on it for grass. And then it has this huge old crack down the middle. I told DS it was an earthquake. He has an earthquake cake. The only one in the family with an earthquake cake.😂😂

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

The firetruck with lights going is at our neighbor's house.  I can't quite see what is going on.  I even went out to "check the mail" but I still couldn't really see.  I suppose I could go down to talk to them but I don't want to get in the way.  Plus, the last time I saw the neighbor man was when he was apoplectic last night at the council meeting - not towards me but towards the activist lady that I know. 

• Like 1

((Junie)). Do you come off if it in a couple of days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 weeks.   :svengo:

1 week at 20 mg/day, 1 week at 15 mg/day, 1 week at 10, 1 week at 5.  The days that I go down are going to be rough.  And the last week will be especially rough.  The doc gave me extra in case I need to taper down more slowly.  And I have a pill splitter.

• Like 3

I am so tired. Must stay awake for another hour.

I'm very down tonight. I don't know why, but I hope it's general exhaustion. I don't like it though. 

ETA: I do have art tomorrow. That ought to make me more cheerful.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3

I did the children's choir thing. Never mind that I can't sing above a B. Dh (CAN sing) sat in with us and so that helped with the music and crowd control. The parent who was supposed to help did not show up. The vespers service went late so I was scrambling to think of things to do with 20 kids for 15 minutes. We ended up having a "Hamilton" sing-along since half the kids knew "You'll Be Back".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxLohjwhoQ

• Like 4

I need a pill organizer.  Any recommendations?

Well, what do you need it to do?  Do you need some parts portable, or will it mostly stay on the counter?  How many compartments per day?  How big do you need the individual compartments to be?

The firetruck with lights going is at our neighbor's house.  I can't quite see what is going on.  I even went out to "check the mail" but I still couldn't really see.  I suppose I could go down to talk to them but I don't want to get in the way.  Plus, the last time I saw the neighbor man was when he was apoplectic last night at the council meeting - not towards me but towards the activist lady that I know. 

I hope he's okay.  Do you need to make a welfare check, walking past his house and talking to neighbors?

• Like 1

I am so tired. Must stay awake for another hour.

I'm very down tonight. I don't know why, but I hope it's general exhaustion. I don't like it though. 

ETA: I do have art tomorrow. That ought to make me more cheerful.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I liked for the art tomorrow.  The girls had art today, and it made all three of us more cheerful.

• Like 2

Well, what do you need it to do?  Do you need some parts portable, or will it mostly stay on the counter?  How many compartments per day?  How big do you need the individual compartments to be?

3 compartments per day.  Maybe portable.  Hard for the littles to get into but easy enough for Arthritis Mama.

It's a tall order.

I was shopping around a little while ago and found this one that looked like it might work.

• Like 1

Critter also needs leftover camo earthquake cake!

Can I have some left-over camo cake?

DH says you should have told him it was a WWI war cake and that was the trench for the soldiers.  I think I like the earthquake better.

Did you add any collapsed buildings?   :laugh:

• Like 2

Did you get past the nervousness?

I did! I made two batches and divided each in half to make 4 small crusts. The first batch I microwaved the mozzarella and cream cheese, then added the almond flour, etc. Second batch I microwaved the mozzarella and almond flour, then added the cream cheese, etc. (I saw the recipe done both ways. They turned out the same.) I had a bit of one crust for lunch and froze the rest. Very tasty!

• Like 6

3 compartments per day.  Maybe portable.  Hard for the littles to get into but easy enough for Arthritis Mama.

It's a tall order.

I was shopping around a little while ago and found this one that looked like it might work.

Read the reviews.  I think of the two-star ones mentioned she had arthritis and had trouble with it.

Hard for the littles to get into IS a tall order.  I'd recommend what I have, but it has two chambers per day and can easily be opened by littles.

I actually wanted 5 chambers per day, which is a VERY tall order, and the only ones I could find had daily cases that were bigger than I needed.  Instead I use a small one-per-day pill case for my take-when-getting-up meds, and I put my other meds into the 2-chambers-per-day cases since metformin is easily identified and picked out of the other stuff.  One daily case fits nicely in the case with my blood glucose meter, so USUALLY I have no problems keeping track of them.

Did I say where my wayward Friday case was?  In my purse.  The same purse I searched thoroughly at least 5 TIMES.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00609IOWQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 4

I hope he's okay. Do you need to make a welfare check, walking past his house and talking to neighbors?

The wife was outside so she's ok. I couldn't see the man. But I didn't want to get in the way of the fire fighters simply because I was nosy. (There was no ambulance so I don't think that whatever it was was too serious. )

• Like 2

DH put some new card into my computer and discovered it had another card inside that wasn't getting used.  Now he has my computer set up to access the internet two different ways, so I had hopes that my connection will quit flaking out.  But it just did something odd before reconnecting again, so DH says it might be my computer itself that is the problem.  He reminded me, "You always have been bad for computers."  Gee, thanks.  I have had this one a while, though, I thought....

• Like 1

The wife was outside so she's ok. I couldn't see the man. But I didn't want to get in the way of the fire fighters simply because I was nosy. (There was no ambulance so I don't think that whatever it was was too serious. )

Hopefully all is well.

• Like 2

I did the children's choir thing. Never mind that I can't sing above a B. Dh (CAN sing) sat in with us and so that helped with the music and crowd control. The parent who was supposed to help did not show up. The vespers service went late so I was scrambling to think of things to do with 20 kids for 15 minutes. We ended up having a "Hamilton" sing-along since half the kids knew "You'll Be Back".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxLohjwhoQ

I can't sing above a Bb.  This is why I sing tenor in the church choir.  I can usually reach the C below middle C and if I have a cold I can get to the B.  I don't have any volume when the notes go that low, though.

• Like 4