Menu

Ignore this thread!

The dishes are done! Now, I'm gonna go brush my teeth, put my cozy Jammies on (soon it will be too warm for cozy Jammies) and go do some Latin and then immerse myself in Susan Branch's book about her escape to Martha's Vineyard. I love that book. I really do!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

I slept well last night, but I woke up early.  Ds16 is taking the SAT this morning.

It might end up being an interesting day here.  As I was reading my devotions this morning. I mis-read the words of Amos.  He was writing about the "desolate wilderness"; I thought at first that it said "chocolate wilderness."   :lol:  Oh what a difference a few letters make.

• Like 10

I slept well last night, but I woke up early. Ds16 is taking the SAT this morning.

It might end up being an interesting day here. As I was reading my devotions this morning. I mis-read the words of Amos. He was writing about the "desolate wilderness"; I thought at first that it said "chocolate wilderness." :lol: Oh what a difference a few letters make.

:hurray: for sleep and chocolate wildernesses! :D

Boo for the SAT.

• Like 4

:hurray: for sleep and chocolate wildernesses! :D

Boo for the SAT.

No worries about the SAT.  I'm not taking it.

I've never been one to worry about the scores.  NMF isn't happening and he scored higher on the test when he took it last year than I ever did.

• Like 6

Good morning.

Renai, I hope you managed to get some sleep.

Break a leg, Susan's DD!

Junie- chocolate wilderness? Isn't that just past the rainbow gumdrop bridge? Good luck to DS16 on his test!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Edited by lanalouwho
  • Like 7

First they were saying less than an inch of snow (an inch here would be pretty significant) but now accuweather is saying 1-3".

Go ahead and snicker and sigh in an exasperated manner, JJM. You've been through enough and have earned it. :D

Hmm, how does Accuweather do in your area?  In these parts, I refer to it as "Inaccuweather." :glare:

I feel kind of like a wimp complaining about snow, ice and cold when JJM is living out Snowbound. But I do so love a juicy peach in summer, and it irks me every time the stupid Southern winter returns in the spring to ruin the fruit crop.

A minor correction:  We are rapidly turning into Slush-n-Icebound.  Which is worse. :glare:

And the thought of no fresh peaches in the summer is tragic.  :glare:   (I don't have any trees, but there's plenty in the region.)

Alex is a genius.

He gets in from me.  Slash totally agrees with me.  :coolgleamA:

I've been awake for the past three hours. This is getting old.

Urgh. Last night after waking at 3:30, I actually went back to sleep.  Which is good, because facing the day at 3:30 am is rather dark and dreary and makes for a long, grumpy day. :glare:

The chance for snow has decreased dramatically, though accuweather says it's going to start snowing in 41 minutes.

See "Inaccuweather," above. :glare:

Hmm...I'm developing a theme. 

• Like 6

Of course, it took me 1.5 hours to get through what should have been a very quick shopping trip. I rely on Aldi efficiency.

Accuweather was about an hour off in it's snowfall timing. I wonder what it's saying now...

(Where we used to live, Accuweather was my go-to.  Apparently, the weather algorithms have their quirks and some work better in some places than in others.)

• Like 3

It is sooooooooo quiet around here. Dh and ds12 are camping. Dds8 & 10 are at a sleepover. (Ds21 is at his apartment :D) And dd18 is at her theatre thing. It's only me and dd14 and dd14 is playing a computer game in the basement, so it feels like I'm all by myself here.

We should hang out together, we lonely moms of only children!

• Like 4

I am back from working. They dropped our snow out of the forecast. Now it is just going to be miserably cold and dismally damp. DH built me a fire in the fireplace. I'm thinking about a hot shower, a cup of decaf tea and then a few hours of editing.

• Like 6

Well, I got my bathroom cleaned, dust-mopped the bedroom. I'm just about ready to put the bread into the oven. I don't know why the house is still a mess. The kids were supposed to have cleaned it. Sigh!

I did a bit more work in the pantry. My house is miraculously not getting any messier because no one has been home! :) Well, my 2 youngest are now home, so that will change things.

Snow expected to start back up in 41 minutes.

• Like 4

Question:  Would you say that asking someone to be your shill (ie. asking them to say your words as their own so that it looks like more people agree with you) is dishonest?  I was trying to figure out why I was bothered so much by such requests and I think this is why.  (This is regarding local discussions on social media regarding local politics.)

• Like 2

Question: Would you say that asking someone to be your shill (ie. asking them to say your words as their own so that it looks like more people agree with you) is dishonest? I was trying to figure out why I was bothered so much by such requests and I think this is why. (This is regarding local discussions on social media regarding local politics.)

Yes, this is dishonest. The only exception being if the person actually does agree, but does not have a way with words.

I would be highly unwilling to speak out if I didn't believe what I was saying. Most of the time, I don't have the gumption to fight for what I do believe.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 3