Menu

Ignore this thread!

I spent the day at the hospital with Mom and Dad which was a real blessing.  But I am exhausted now.  I don't know how my Mom does it.  She was there before me and stayed longer than I did and this is her 3rd day there!  

Where's Ikslo?

Where's Renai?

And we haven't seen Dawn in a long time either!!

• Like 5

I'm here. Work has been busy, so I've been working. Homeschooling, well, is.

DS just finished Mockingjay, so we went out today to get the movies.

We also got Schooled for our next read aloud.

Hash browns, broccoli, and chicken patties for dinner. And bug juice in champagne flutes. Because why not?

• Like 6

Oh! When we were at BAM today, DS found a book he wanted to get. It was under $5, so I said yes. Looked like a thrown-together crap book to capitalize on the Halo movies, but whatevs. He carried it around the store and was flipping through it. After reading a bit while I was perusing the stacks, he told me he changed his mind. "This is horrible writing, mom. I can't believe you were going to let me buy this!"

Now do you see why I make you read everyday? For no other reason than so you can spot the crap before you spend the money!

Bwahahaha!

• Like 9

My fennel is ready, so we had baked chicken, potatoes and fennel for dinner. It was delicious. I love fennel! I planted half a bed of fennel and half a bed of green onions. The green onions are kind of sketchy, but the fennel is gorgeous. Snowflake Kitty loves to sleep amidst the fronds.

• Like 7

The pollens are hitting us harder and harder.  My plan now is hot tea and sinus day for all of us.  Movement as we can manage inside (to reduce pollen exposure), but only as we can safely do.  Cludgy is leading into clumsiness.

Hash for supper tonight.

What is hash?

• Like 4

75F and beautiful today. Raining and 48F for the high on Saturday. Welcome to the Southern Spring Roller-Coaster! Where the peaches get nipped as soon as they bloom, but oak pollen will linger forever and ever....

68F today. Wondering when the other shoe will drop. Sigh. Except here, it isn't the peaches that get nipped, but the apricots. :(

Edited by Renai
  • Like 5

Actually, I have been craving tortilla chips. The kind that are really thin and crisp. With homemade pico de gallo made from summer tomatoes and lots of cilantro. And a margarita.

Both Dancer and I sighed as I read this, leaving off the bit about the margarita. :D

• Like 8

Goofing off here and there tonight. Tomorrow, I'll leave the house at 11:15 a.m. to go to church, after which I'll go teach hula until 3:30 ish, then over to the church until late because we'll be setting up for our retreat. Up at o'dark hundred to go back to the church, busy all day long, go to bed--with any luck--by 11:30 on site, up at o'dark hundred to continue retreating, finish by 2:30ish, clean up, go home and crash. Which is to say that I may or may not be here until Sunday afternoon or even Monday.

• Like 5

Goofing off here and there tonight. Tomorrow, I'll leave the house at 11:15 a.m. to go to church, after which I'll go teach hula until 3:30 ish, then over to the church until late because we'll be setting up for our retreat. Up at o'dark hundred to go back to the church, busy all day long, go to bed--with any luck--by 11:30 on site, up at o'dark hundred to continue retreating, finish by 2:30ish, clean up, go home and crash. Which is to say that I may or may not be here until Sunday afternoon or even Monday.

[waves]

Enjoy!

• Like 1

We got tornado warning texts and then the land line rang with a message about the tornado. Nothing serious in our neck of the woods and the storm is about past now. Good night!

(Don't let me forget to go to the church in the morning to do bulletins.)

Good night again! Sleep well.

• Like 5

:grouphug: Junie. I don't think prednisone agrees with you.

:iagree:

However, I can tell that the inflammation is much better.  I am walking (most of the time) without my cane again.  My injured shoulder is also better.  And I might be able to wear my rings again soon.

I'm going to try it at least through next week.  I'm really not worried about getting my sleep schedule sorted out until after the time change.

• Like 2

I'm going to try it at least through next week.  I'm really not worried about getting my sleep schedule sorted out until after the time change.

Don't stop it cold turkey! But you know that. I suspect that the goal is to get the inflammation down so that the other medication can keep it down. Autoimmune mediated arthritis is a bear.

• Like 4

I've run out of groceries and I'm not sure how. With DH's overtime check, I bought more than usual and we've been eating out more. But somehow we still ran out several days early. I guess I'm grocery shopping this afternoon.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Growth spurts?

I went outside to write. I thought I'd better take advantage of the little bit of good weather remaining. But I'll have to go put up chickens soon. And come up with something for dinner. I told the boys they might want to think about cooking their own tonight.

Last night's planned hash for dinner didn't happen because I was klutzy enough not to trust myself with a knife.  Instead I baked some tater tots and told everyone to help themselves to the leftovers in the fridge.

Even with that we STILL have leftovers.  Guess I don't have to cook anything today, which is a good thing.  The oak pollen is still whacking us in the sinuses.  I salined twice in this morning's shower, which did feel good.

• Like 2

Are they camping in tents? Who does that? It's cold!â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸

My first camping trips were in Minnesota in the wintertime, organized by my high school.  On the first one I frostbit my toes, yet I was the first one to raise my hand when they asked who wanted to go on the next one.  I insisted I had fun, and promised I would have better boots.

• Like 1

I spent the day at the hospital with Mom and Dad which was a real blessing.  But I am exhausted now.  I don't know how my Mom does it.  She was there before me and stayed longer than I did and this is her 3rd day there!  

Where's Ikslo?

Where's Renai?

And we haven't seen Dawn in a long time either!!

How is your Dad doing?   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1