• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I'm having a green chile quinoa burger.  It is surprisingly good.

(((hugs)))  Slache and Duckie

Not sure about quinoa in a burger, but I'm down with the chiles. 

Someone brought a cheese log with green chiles. 

Using wax paper, she spread Velveeta into a rectangle, then spread cream cheese over that, then spread green chiles and some chopped jalapenos. She then folded the wax paper so that the Velveeta made a pocket around the cream cheese and chiles. You cut into it and it's a happy green chile surprise. I could have eaten it all day. 

• Like 2

I need an easy, not needing to be served hot (because this party lasts awhile), chicken appetizer recipe.  I can cook a meal but I am helpless and clueless when it comes to appetizers.  Gluten free is needed.  Party is Saturday, which is also ds12's bday.  I scheduled a hair cut appt for the boys on that day, too, because it is what she had available.  Ds12 is vexed due to bday.

I feel like I got off light with the parrot poop thing so I am looking for another unpleasant task.  Will report back.  

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

Mooies has lost her voice. I put her in the bathtub and she began to sequentially ask for each bath toy one by one but I couldn't understand her. Every time I grabbed the wrong one she became frustrated. Not that it mattered because she now has every single bath toy in the house. We have 12, apparently. After she got the first 11 she requested her walrus which she keeps in her room. It's the favorite. Because purple.

• Like 6

I need an easy, not needing to be served hot (because this party lasts awhile), chicken appetizer recipe.  I can cook a meal but I am helpless and clueless when it comes to appetizers.  Gluten free is needed.  Party is Saturday, which is also ds12's bday.  I scheduled a hair cut appt for the boys on that day, too, because it is what she had available.  Ds12 is vexed due to bday.

I'd suggest GF chicken nuggets with dipping sauce, but GF nuggets are always better served hot, IMO.

Could you do a buffalo chicken dip? Or these chicken enchilada roll-ups - just use gluten-free tortillas. A ranch chicken cheese ball and provide some gluten-free crackers? 

I like the looks of those chicken enchilada roll ups a lot, and I have gf tortillas that will work.  Thanks!  Ds12 turning 13 will enjoy these, too.  They can double as a fun bday food.

• Like 5

Breathing that day in and day out can give you a lung infection. I know that because my mother in law is now $80,000 in debt for lung cancer surgery the turned out to be a lung infection from bird poop.

#educationalpostoftheday?

Whoa. I know I have learned something. So sorry.

• Like 2

Wait, are you saying tortilla chips are not a suitable meal? Well that stinks. Next you'll be saying cheese puffs aren't either.

I KNOW, RIGHT???

But no, not a suitable meal or two or three for a young, growing lad.  (or lass)

My other three kids will eat a more varied diet left to their own devices, but not this one.  It's a large bag of tortilla chips, baby. :huh:

• Like 2

May I just say that my mom is amazing? DD is still sick and dh and I both have mandatory attendance at work tomorrow (Christmas parties at school and last day before break, so I have to be there; dh has meetings with the higher-ups). I was stressed trying to figure out what to do, but my mom is going to drive up to keep her for me tomorrow. 
I honestly don't know what I'd do without her. She's pretty awesome. 

That is all. Back to cheese puffs and tortilla chips. 

• Like 9

May I just say that my mom is amazing? DD is still sick and dh and I both have mandatory attendance at work tomorrow (Christmas parties at school and last day before break, so I have to be there; dh has meetings with the higher-ups). I was stressed trying to figure out what to do, but my mom is going to drive up to keep her for me tomorrow. 

I honestly don't know what I'd do without her. She's pretty awesome. 

That is all. Back to cheese puffs and tortilla chips. 

:hurray:  for Grandma!!

• Like 2

Hey, Slachey, I hope you and your peoples are better soon!

Nap time.

Whoa. I know I have learned something. So sorry.

I feel like she shouldn't have to pay for that. It was an incorrect diagnosis. She should have been perscribed antibiotocs. Am I wrong?

I KNOW, RIGHT???

But no, not a suitable meal or two or three for a young, growing lad.  (or lass)

My other three kids will eat a more varied diet left to their own devices, but not this one.  It's a large bag of tortilla chips, baby. :huh:

That's not even filling. Have you tried keeping things like hot pockets around?

• Like 2

I feel like she shouldn't have to pay for that. It was an incorrect diagnosis. She should have been perscribed antibiotocs. Am I wrong?

That's not even filling. Have you tried keeping things like hot pockets around?

Lung cancer is a weird diseases with a variety of different causes.  I doubt that her bird actually caused her lung cancer.  I found nothing to support that on the 'net.  If she had a respiratory illness caused by a bird, then she could have gotten antibiotics, yes.  But she may have gotten lung cancer from a completely unrelated cause.  Doctors are doing their best, usually.  People are financially responsible for the medical care they agree to.  It kind of sucks to be an American with a medical problem, IMO.

Re: the tortilla chip kid, we are gluten free so no Hot Pockets.   He won't cut up an apple.  He will only do what is extremely easy.  I guess opening the chips is easy.  He used to get his little sister to make him pb and j sammies when she was six years old.  

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 3

Wait, are you saying tortilla chips are not a suitable meal? Well that stinks. Next you'll be saying cheese puffs aren't either.

She's just being contentious and trying to start a kerfuffle, Susan.  Just ignore her.

Especially if she tries to continue the fight by saying Nutter Butters don't count either.

• Like 5

Lung cancer is a weird diseases with a variety of different causes.  I doubt that her bird actually caused her lung cancer.  I found nothing to support that on the 'net.  If she had a respiratory illness caused by a bird, then she could have gotten antibiotics, yes.  But she may have gotten lung cancer from a completely unrelated cause.  Doctors are doing their best, usually.  People are financially responsible for the medical care they agree to.  It kind of sucks to be an American with a medical problem, IMO.

Re: the tortilla chip kid, we are gluten free so no Hot Pockets.  He is my ASD kid and VERY picky and does not do things for himself unless urged.  I make breakfast burritos that he likes and keep them in the freezer but he forgets about them and eats tortilla chips. :confused1:  He won't cut up an apple.  He will only do what is extremely easy.  I guess opening the chips is easy.  He used to get his little sister to make him pb and j sammies when she was six years old.  Same with his brother.  The siblings were feeding him.  He is low food-motivated and only eats to avoid hunger.  And he is 6'3" and 150 pounds so he could use some more weight on him.  I shove him full of chicken, toast with pn butter, and baked potatoes with butter.  

She didn't actually have lung cancer though. She was diagnosed with it, went through treatment which didn't work so she had surgery to have it removed. That's when they realized it was just an infection. When insurance realized it was an unnecessary surgery they decided not to pay so she got stuck with the bill. I don't think she should have had to pay for cancer treatment when all she had was an infection. I know mistakes happen, but this was an $80,000 mistake. That's a lot of tortilla chips!

• Like 1

She didn't actually have lung cancer though. She was diagnosed with it, went through treatment which didn't work so she had surgery to have it removed. That's when they realized it was just an infection. When insurance realized it was an unnecessary surgery they decided not to pay so she got stuck with the bill. I don't think she should have had to pay for cancer treatment when all she had was an infection. I know mistakes happen, but this was an $80,000 mistake. That's a lot of tortilla chips!

OH, I get it now.  That is terrible.  Many times insurance companies deny things and they need to be appealed.  I would get an attorney's help before I paid that much.  She agreed to treatment for something she thought she had, on good faith.

• Like 2

OH, I get it now.  That is terrible.  Many times insurance companies deny things and they need to be appealed.  I would get an attorney's help before I paid that much.  She agreed to treatment for something she thought she had, on good faith.

Yeah, she won't do that. She'll fight you tooth and nail over something stupid (like the proper pronunciation of car) but she won't make a phone call about something like that. She says it's a waste of time. I have a list.

The time the water company said her bill was $500 over her typical use in one month.

The time a car lot sold her a totaled car and she could have died (she's still paying for this car she can't drive).

All of FIL's chemo despite the fact that he only got 2 out of 12(?) treatments.

She also won't call to get her interest rates lowered, her car insurance lowered, her internet lowered. I make all of those phone calls every year. She says it's a waste of time. I don't get it.

Yeah, she won't do that. She'll fight you tooth and nail over something stupid (like the proper pronunciation of car) but she won't make a phone call about something like that. She says it's a waste of time. I have a list.

The time the water company said her bill was $500 over her typical use in one month.

The time a car lot sold her a totaled car and she could have died (she's still paying for this car she can't drive).

All of FIL's chemo despite the fact that he only got 2 out of 12(?) treatments.

She also won't call to get her interest rates lowered, her car insurance lowered, her internet lowered. I make all of those phone calls every year. She says it's a waste of time. I don't get it.

Yep, you pay with time or money.  I'd rather pay with time to make a phone call.

• Like 3

Yep, you pay with time or money. I'd rather pay with time to make a phone call.

Especially with such high amounts. She'll die before she gets that $80,000 paid off. She has this idea that when she retires she'll be well off. She's like 55. She doesn't make any sense. She plans on buying 5 acres and having 2 houses built. One for her and one for us, so we can take care of her when she's old. We've explained to her that we won't do that and she just says we'll change our minds. We'll want to come home soon, she says. She's in denial about *so* much. It's crazy. Why am I rambling about this?

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Does little ds have asthma? Because mucus drainage causing vomiting is a common symptom.

No. He doesn't have asthma. I think it is the same virus that is attacking all of the ITT Children: sore throat, coughing, congestion, vomiting and/or nausea. They both have low grade fevers 99.0-100.0. I do have a nebulizer, and have given him an albuterol breathing treatment. This has helped.

((((Dawn))))

How'd it go?

I was on cloud nine until about 38 seconds ago when everything wore off.  Now I want to die.*

:::DENTAL ALERT:::

The endo's exact words upon opening me up were, "MY.  No wonder you were taking so much Motrin."  The pulp was so badly inflammed that she then ordered an extra scan to check everything out.  But she only cleaned out the pulp, because insurance.  Out of pocket for cleaning+filling today would have been $1300.  Out of pocket for cleaning today and filling on or after January 1 = $16.  Guess what I picked.

She promises that after a few days recovery it won't hurt for Christmas.  I liked her.  I hope she's right.  

#insurancehoopssuck

#isaidsuck

*also a lie, at the moment at least....  

:grouphug: I hope you are pain free soon. Or at least feeling better by now.

I did ok. The tooth is removed. I am not pain free, but it is bearable. Now I have to figure out something to eat. Probably soup or milk and crackers.

It should be illegal or something to have dental work, birthdays, sick children and Christmas within the same week. I wish my ITT Friends lived closer 'cause I could use some help. I feel nauseous now. Hopefully it is just from the numbing injections and not the virus.

• Like 6

Susan, now that the internet is all yours I have a few things I'd like you to fix on it.  Let's do lunch and we'll talk.

:crying:

Where have we gone wrong? Does AMJ not *know* that the first message on a new page is supposed to be a BOOYA???!!!

Oh, the horror of it all! :svengo:

• Like 6

That is quite nervy! Do you need some elephant ninjas to come your way?

That's very sweet of you to offer! But nah, I'm good. I actually do like my job. It's QA, so basically I get to be a miss bossy pants. And since the role is already filled here, I think I'll keep the job. 😆

• Like 3